Humorous "first finder" t-shirt design

Sparrowhawk

Hi!

I have a genius cartoonist for a friend and sometimes he'll draw images for me to finish in Photoshop.

Someone challenged me to do a a first finder t-shirt design. I have it half-finished... but before I get done colorizing it in Photoshop, I should stop here and ask for other folk's opinion of the design.

I will take pre-orders at some point... right now I just want to see what I should do with this thing to improve the idea of it, if anything.

Your opinion, please. :laughing:

ff35d0da-7835-40ee-821a-938e1ac7aafc.jpg

Shouldn't that be a lamp post in a parking lot instead of a log in the mountains :laughing: .

Hmmmmm...

"Annoyed Geocacher Squinting At A #$@! Micro In A Mall Parking Lot"...

...that design CAN be arranged... :ph34r:

Name the design idea and I'll think about it, in addition to feedback for the first finder one I already came up with. :laughing:

Edited by Sparrowhawk

Hi!

I have a genius cartoonist for a friend and sometimes he'll draw images for me to finish in Photoshop.

Someone challenged me to do a a first finder t-shirt design. I have it half-finished... but before I get done colorizing it in Photoshop, I should stop here and ask for other folk's opinion of the design.

I will take pre-orders at some point... right now I just want to see what I should do with this thing to improve the idea of it, if anything.

Your opinion, please. ;)

ff35d0da-7835-40ee-821a-938e1ac7aafc.jpg

Nice. :D

Hmmmmm... maybe I could start with this... then create a few variations, such as a female verison and version of parents with kids.

I know! I'll finish this one, then start a waiting list for those who want the next versions as I start getting those out.

Should the female version be ordinary or... (ahem) should I add just a tad of "Hey, good lookin'!" to it?

OK, funny question, but I DO honestly wanna know! ;)

Even if you create different versions, you will still have the problem of putting a male FTF character shirt in a cache as a FTF prize, and a female cacher is FTF. She may not want the "guy version".

How about leaving out the finder's image completely and have the poor, thwarted second finder seething (or some other emotion) over an opened cache container, holding the logbook with a FTF log already written inside....

Even if you create different versions, you will still have the problem of putting a male FTF character shirt in a cache as a FTF prize, and a female cacher is FTF. She may not want the "guy version".

That is why I was brainstorming an idea of having a cacher-placer order not a shirt for the FTF prize for their cache, but a fancy-looking voucher. The voucher would have a choice between this guy design, a possible female design, and about 2 other ideas I have.

The first-finder would send me the voucher with their choice of shirt design, and I ship them whatever kind of FTF shirt they want. :D

One of the ideas is a non-cartoony beautiful photo of whatever makes the cache location cool, decorated with just the first finder ribbon and the name of the cache.

How about leaving out the finder's image completely and have the poor, thwarted second finder seething (or some other emotion) over an opened cache container, holding the logbook with a FTF log already written inside....

Now THAT is another cool idea. ;)