How quickly do people SELL after they trade?

GBOTS

If I buy a coin, personal or not, it's commercial transaction and I sell it or trade it whenever I want to. Now I know your coins are not sold so this doesn't really apply.

So if I trade for a coin, I wait until the other party receives my end of the trade before trading or selling the coin(s) I received from them.

Yes, it would be. Though it would be even better if they didn't e-bay it at all.

If they contacted you about a personal trade, it is very disrepectful for them to then sell it.

But it seems that some have been doing such acts, of course if the trade wasn't fully approved, and you hadn't sent yours out, you could always cancel it.

I would certainly put them on a do not trade with ever again list.

I wouldn't sell a personal coin I received in trade from the cacher, as I think that is very disrespectful, regardless of which of us initiated the trade. If you don't want their coin, why trade for it in the first place? I've received 'no thanks' replies from trade requests, and I'm fine with it.

If I buy a coin, personal or not, it's commercial transaction and I sell it or trade it whenever I want to. Now I know your coins are not sold so this doesn't really apply.

So if I trade for a coin, I wait until the other party receives my end of the trade before trading or selling the coin(s) I received from them.

I do tend to agree that in the case of 'sold' coins, there aren't really any restrictions with what happens.

I also should have probably clarified that if the coin I am trading for isn't for my collection, I wait until the other party receives my end before trading/selling the coin received :)

We had a personal coin that we traded go up for sale on Ebay, before the other person had even sent their end of the trade... :)

Wouldn't it be better to wait to sell until after both parties had approved the trade? :)

I've had an exact thing happen to me twice. Someone traded a geocoin with me and turned around just to list it on ebay before they verified that I received the coin that they were suppose to send me. One case they even hadn't sent it out yet. Traders like that will NEVER get a trade from me again!!

I don't have any problem with the ebay selling, but sometimes when someone asks for the trades they pretend like it's for their collection when it's really just to get a different coin to sell.

Edited by Prairiepartners

I guess the only way to slow it down is to ask right up front is this for your collection or are you going to sell it? I can't imagine going throught a trade just to resell on the e place ...why would someone bother?

E

When I trade it is for my collection ....mind you there have been a couple times someone is real slow sending & I have traded someone else to get the same coin ,then I end up with 2 .This 2nd coin is usually used as another trader.

I can't imagine going throught a trade just to resell on the e place ...why would someone bother?

I do it often for extras I already have. I hook up the folks that missed something or didn't have funds to purchase when it was on sale and resell the trade coin(s), using the money to buy future coins. Again, this is outside the scope of what GBOTs OP is referring to. But just letting you know, the practice is performed quite often and by numerous folks :laughing:

Edited by AtlantaGal

Any personal coin that is sold is fair game, whether bought or traded for.

For myself I do not sell someone elses personal coin, this just doesn't fell right. I fact I prefer not to get extra as I don't even like trading them but I have when the trader insisted and knew I would trade them away.

Personal coins that are TRADE ONLY really should NOT be sold but it is bound to happen so I do not worry about it. Two of my TSD V2 trade only coins are up for sale right now. I know I can't do anything to stop it so I wont let it worry me. But then I still have some to trade so hopefully those thinking of buying will come to me first for a trade.

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar
Personal coins that are trade only really should be sold but it is bound to happen so I do not worry about it.

I think you mean the opposite :laughing:

I know I can't do anything to stop it so I wont let it worry me. But then I still have some to trade so hopefully those thinking of buying will come to me first for a trade.

This is a good attitude to take I understand people feel disrespected, but it's not worth getting upset about.

Seems silly to list something that you haven't fully traded for, so many things can go wrong. I try to confirm that the transaction was completed before I do something with the coin I aquired.

Although we wouldn't ever sell a coin we traded for I don't think we would hesitate to sell an extra we kept for trades if someone else missed the opportunity to buy. Quite a few times we get offers to buy from people who have nothing to trade (or are willing to trade) anyway. That being said, this selling of items you don't have in hand will eventually burn anyone who does it often enough. I remember being quite upset :laughing: when our coins were being sold before we even had them in hand for trading. That's the part that kills me. How can you sell something you don't actually have? I don't have a problem with someone selling our coin (maybe they had extras) as much as selling coins they don't even have. Should this be reported to the bidding sites?

Although we wouldn't ever sell a coin we traded for I don't think we would hesitate to sell an extra we kept for trades if someone else missed the opportunity to buy. Quite a few times we get offers to buy from people who have nothing to trade (or are willing to trade) anyway. That being said, this selling of items you don't have in hand will eventually burn anyone who does it often enough. I remember being quite upset :laughing: when our coins were being sold before we even had them in hand for trading. That's the part that kills me. How can you sell something you don't actually have? I don't have a problem with someone selling our coin (maybe they had extras) as much as selling coins they don't even have. Should this be reported to the bidding sites?

Personally I think that YES, it should be reported to bidding sites, especially since they actually do have a policy about it, if you don't have it, you MUST list that on the auction site, and it must be of at least the same type size of the rest of your text.