Cache stats

warthog
Followers 0

:laughing::laughing: Cooooool. Generated Cache Fan's stats and they are spot on, number of caches, milestone dates etc. Caches found but disabled or archived by owners are included in the stats, only work is to select the "Favorites" and "FTF". Unfortunately we did not keep record on the later one as we are not FTF hunters, so work is required if you like this to be included. Stats on TB's and GC's are unfortunately not included, maybe enhancement request? :ph34r::P
Stats on TB's and GC's are unfortunately not included, maybe enhancement request?

Does anyone have fancy software to keep a tab on the TBS they have found, they are watching etc, apart from the watchlists one can setup in Geocaching?

On the CacheStats:

FTFs are included automatically, however I think it looks for the words FTF in your log and then include it in the list. I was out by 4 FTFs, but all four were without the FTF in the log.

Not 100% sure if this is the cause, but will have to wait a week before I can test this again.

:laughing::laughing: Cooooool. Generated Cache Fan's stats and they are spot on, number of caches, milestone dates etc. Caches found but disabled or archived by owners are included in the stats.....

Quite right cache-fan. I was convinced when I tried it last that these fell off the bus. Tried it again though and all worked out nicely. FTF's weren't quite right as I didn't always state FTF in my logs.

Sjoe, 2003 was a dire year. That's when I returned to SA and there were no caches in GP. This resulted in a drought of 119 days without caching :P never quite got rid of that twitch :ph34r:

This resulted in a drought of 119 days without caching
. My worst was 307 days, nowadays if it is anything between 3 and 7, then I get withdrawal systems, so must be out on the road again this afternoon. Oh yes, at 2006 rate, I will only get to the "magic" GR count of 500 in 2009 :laughing:

And I'll reach 15000 in 2055 ;):D

Was chatting to the creator of the program and there's another neat little feature for the puritans amongst us.

If your Total Found and Caches don't equal each other then you may have accidentally logged a cache more than once. These will be easy to find in the next release of the program, but to find them now you can go into Favorites and look at each cache in the list - those with multiple finds will have a note after the cache name that looks like this: (** 2 logs **). Nice easy way to check.