The New Numbers Game

SG-MIN

Briansnat and his post record were brought up in a differant thread, but I thought it deserved its own.

Have you all noticed that he is only 15 posts away from hitting 20,000!!! I think that is worth celebrating. Hopefully that milestone can happen here in this thread.

Edited by SG-MIN

Briansnat and his post record were brought up in a differant thread, but I thought it deserved its own.

Have you all noticed that he is only 15 posts away from hitting 20,000!!! I think that is worth celebrating. Hopefully that milestone can happen here in this thread.

I'm not so sure that a life that is so pathetically empty and devoid of other diversions, interests and pursuits, that I have nothing better to do than post thousands of times on a silly Internet bulletin board is something worth celebrating. :laughing:

BrianSnat. Has an hidden acronym in his name, which makes him a natural poster. Now if he could only say that he has found just one of my caches.

Actually Brian I think you might have some Irish Blood in you, that is a lot of good blarney that is related to Geocaching. Keep yapping it has done us all of lot of good.

Finding a Tahosa backcountry cache or three is on my life's to do list. And despite my Polish last name, I am mostly Irish, so I guess that's where the blarney comes from!

His profile says "under-employed". If I spent that much time on the forums I'd be "UN-employed". :laughing:

His posts almost always have salient points. He's an asset.

edit - spelling

You misspelled "asset" didn't you?

:laughing:

For those of us that have endured in person meetings with the Snatster, it is easy to tell that the mispelling was by mistakenly adding the "et" to the more appropriate "A S S"

His profile says "under-employed". If I spent that much time on the forums I'd be "UN-employed". :laughing:

His posts almost always have salient points. He's an asset.

edit - spelling

You misspelled "asset" didn't you?

:laughing:

For those of us that have endured in person meetings with the Snatster, it is easy to tell that the mispelling was by mistakenly adding the "et" to the more appropriate "A S S"

I know TS well and he's just joking. I think.

19,999!!!!!!! It is building....I feel something fixing to happen a lot like the Y2K when everyone was out buying generators and asking forgiveness of all their sins because when the calendar made the turn to 2000 the world was coming to an end.

EXCEPT IN THIS CASE, IT IS TURNING TO 20,000! :laughing: I think I need to go on a serious caching spree because chances are this is going to be my last. The site is going to experience more tech errors than is has ever seen on a typical unfortunate Sunday afternoon.

Way to be Brian......HOLDING MY BREATH AND HOPE THIS DOESN'T KILL US......... :laughing::ph34r:

For the sake of history, I hope that The Big Post is something which clearly demonstrates Briansnat's usual keen sense of understanding and depth of knowledge of Geocaching, but also includes a touch of his flair for witty rhetoric, and at the same time is indicative of his normal pleasant and factual, yet non-offensive style.

Now I'm worried that I'll feel let down if post 20K is "Not really a Getting Started question ..." :laughing:

Y'know, he's probably deliberately delaying that last post, just to screw with people :laughing:
Nah, he is reading over every one of his previous posts in order to come up with 1 statement that will sum up his time here at the forums. Let see... at 10 post a minute.... 2,000 minutes.... divided by 60... that's 33 hours, 20 minutes... so some time on Wednesday we should hear from him!!! Edited by SG-MIN

and here is the post... preserved for all posterity:

I am an owner of 30 caches or will be 30 quick. Anyway, I think of it this way. If someone took enough time and gas to get there, I don't care how they find the cache. CALL THE HELP LINE. Most local cacher have my phone # and I will tell them where to look. I like to FIND the cache. The game is the game that you make. If you want to spend 3 days looking for it with no hints then go for it. I don't like to critisize someone for callling the help line or reading the hint befor they make the trip. ITS UP TO THEM. I have called fellow cachers and said whats up with this cache. I spend 30 min looking for it and believe I looked everywhere, then I call. What happenes if it was Muggled or Cords are way off. Some people hate to put DNF's and won't. If someone cant' find one of mine, GIVE ME A RING. I will give you as much info about the cache as you want.

I agree - to a point. I place my caches to be found and hope that someone who is stumped can would call a previous finder or me for help. That said, there are some people who put a lot of effort into "clever" hides or ingeniously camoflaged containers and intentionally make their caches a challenge. I'm not sure all of them appreciate someone giving out their secrets.

and here is the post... preserved for all posterity:

I am an owner of 30 caches or will be 30 quick. Anyway, I think of it this way. If someone took enough time and gas to get there, I don't care how they find the cache. CALL THE HELP LINE. Most local cacher have my phone # and I will tell them where to look. I like to FIND the cache. The game is the game that you make. If you want to spend 3 days looking for it with no hints then go for it. I don't like to critisize someone for callling the help line or reading the hint befor they make the trip. ITS UP TO THEM. I have called fellow cachers and said whats up with this cache. I spend 30 min looking for it and believe I looked everywhere, then I call. What happenes if it was Muggled or Cords are way off. Some people hate to put DNF's and won't. If someone cant' find one of mine, GIVE ME A RING. I will give you as much info about the cache as you want.

I agree - to a point. I place my caches to be found and hope that someone who is stumped can would call a previous finder or me for help. That said, there are some people who put a lot of effort into "clever" hides or ingeniously camoflaged containers and intentionally make their caches a challenge. I'm not sure all of them appreciate someone giving out their secrets.

*SWOON!!!!*

i would like to know who really has the most posts. should off-topic posts be counted?

if you look at total pages of posts, brian has 836. teamgpsaxophone has 916. i have 1307 and that doesn't count an entire cheers thread that imploded. that's another 1200 or so posts.

who is the biggest blowhard in the forums? :laughing: