Looking for PocketPC Software recommendations

kstigler

I hope someone can help me with this.

I am interested in being able to track where I have been using a GPS. Well I have a Dell Pocket PC and a Holux GPS card for it. I can use Microsoft Streets and Trips to see where I am, but it has no tracking or trail mapping capabilities, and does not have any ability to create a log file of where I have been.

Holux provides a utility that allows me to see in real time where I am from a GPS standpoint, but provides no maps.

What I would like is to find some software for my PocketPC that will create a log file of data that I can download later to my computer and use it to geotag photos that I have taken during a hike, etc.

I apologize in advance for not using the correct terms, I am new at this!

Does anyone know of any software for the pocketpc that will do that? Basically I am looking for some software that will generate the same log files as Sony's GPS-CS1 does.

Thanks!

get a copy of deloreme handheld...

Seconded. I've got it for my Palm Tungsten E2 + Globalsat BT-359 bluetooth GPSr. It takes some getting used to, and I still have a hard time thinking in terms of HDOP rather than "accurate to x feet," but it'll get the job done. You can pick up a copy on eBay for 20 bucks, and I don't recall it needing any kind of activation, so if the previous user installed it, you're still OK.