When was your earthcache moved to gc.com?

Still waiting for my earthcache to be transfrerred from Waymarking to geocaching. I predict and eagerly await an immediate increase in popularity of my earthcache as soon as the transfer is made. Just wondering if anyone is seeing progress on their earthcaches being transferred to gc.com. Post here when your earthcache was moved over. I'll let you know when mine gets moved.

I've had most of mine move over. I'm still waiting for 2 or 3 of them. They are also a little slow on adding new listings as well. I'm waiting for a couple of the ones I've visited to be moved over so I can log them.

And yes, I've had more activity on them in the past week or so than in the year or so they've been sitting on Waymarking. A couple got visitis within a few hours of thier being listed. One, up on top of a mountain overlooking the Bingham Copper Mine in Utah has gotten many more hits than I ever expected, especially since the road is decently challenging and now that it's winter, there's only one way up to it.

I've had very positive logs and the confirmation e-mails are suprisingly complete and thoughful.

There have been a few inquiries on how to set them up as well.

Edited by TerryDad2

We just had a new Earthcache appear on GC.com in my area. I say new because it was NOT a Waymark and was not a previous Earthcache. Still trying to figure out how it was submitted, but there it is, GCZBXZ!

It was submitted through earthcache.org. GSA reviews it, then lists it on geocaching and sends the owner an adoption notice.

Edited by TerryDad2

We just had a new Earthcache appear on GC.com in my area. I say new because it was NOT a Waymark and was not a previous Earthcache. Still trying to figure out how it was submitted, but there it is, GCZBXZ!

It was submitted through earthcache.org. GSA reviews it, then lists it on geocaching and sends the owner an adoption notice.

I thought he was asking how a used-to-be limestone quarry that gets turned into a park qualifies as an Earthcache. But maybe that's just me.

I thought he was asking how a used-to-be limestone quarry that gets turned into a park qualifies as an Earthcache. But maybe that's just me.

Maybe that "used-to-be limestone quarry" shows what that limestone development looks like in our earth.

No, TerryDad2 had it right. I was curious as to how the cache was actually submitted since the Earthcache option is not available in the pull down menu when submitting your cache page.

All right!!! My first one got moved over today!!!

Now a question, do we get to re-log the Earthcache on GC.com if we logged it on Waymarking.com?

Just curious.

YAY! So did mine! Happy days! Good question, I have some people who visited my earthcache as a waymark and want to know. What is the consensus on this issue?

Now a question, do we get to re-log the Earthcache on GC.com if we logged it on Waymarking.com?

Just curious.

I sent notices to people that had logged the waymark and invited them to relog on geocaching. They were quite happy to. A couple like the addition to thier count.

Just curious.

I sent notices to people that had logged the waymark and invited them to relog on geocaching. They were quite happy to. A couple like the addition to thier count.

even if they logged their visits before the educational aspect was required?

Are the earthcaches that have been reviewed and ok'd going to be automatically moved from Waymarking over to geocaching, or do the owners of those waymarks have to resubmit them them and get them reapproved?

Also, once they are moved over, should our log date be whenever we get to it or can (or should) we pre-date our logs to reflect the actual date we visited/completed the earthcache? I like things in a chronological order - lol. :) Thanks.

And just thought of it - once moved are they being removed from Waymarking?

[edited to add another question]

Edited by GPX Navigators

Are the earthcaches that have been reviewed and ok'd going to be automatically moved from Waymarking over to geocaching, or do the owners of those waymarks have to resubmit them them and get them reapproved?

Also, once they are moved over, should our log date be whenever we get to it or can (or should) we pre-date our logs to reflect the actual date we visited/completed the earthcache? I like things in a chronological order - lol. :) Thanks.

Geoaware will send you an adoption notice for each earthcache moved over from Waymarking. No resubmittal needed. Just accept the adoption and change the owner name.

I've always asked for the logs be the date of the original visit (but I haven't been a stickler on that). That's what I've done as well.

Some day the EarthCache waymark category will be archived. I'm not sure when that will be though.

Geoaware will send you an adoption notice for each earthcache moved over from Waymarking. No resubmittal needed. Just accept the adoption and change the owner name.

I've always asked for the logs be the date of the original visit (but I haven't been a stickler on that). That's what I've done as well.

Some day the EarthCache waymark category will be archived. I'm not sure when that will be though.

I just checked the ones we visited in September and they have all been migrated over. In order to log them, do we have to go through all the requirements again or can we jsut copy the logs from Waymarking and indicate we were there when it was a waymark. Thanks!

I just checked the ones we visited in September and they have all been migrated over. In order to log them, do we have to go through all the requirements again or can we jsut copy the logs from Waymarking and indicate we were there when it was a waymark. Thanks!

Technically you should just check with the owner. If they were mine, I would allow the log without all the reverification. I'd use the original date.

The one log I had to redo, I just logged and put the responsibility of the owner to say they didn't like it :)

Technically you should just check with the owner. If they were mine, I would allow the log without all the reverification. I'd use the original date.

The one log I had to redo, I just logged and put the responsibility of the owner to say they didn't like it :P

Funny, on gecaching they show geoaware as the owner but when you click on the profile they default to those who were the owner of Waymarking. Interesting. :)

Funny, on gecaching they show geoaware as the owner but when you click on the profile they default to those who were the owner of Waymarking. Interesting. :P

The person who created the EarthCache can change that line so that their name is listed as the owner. That's what I have done on mine.

Geoaware places the cache and sends the creator a link to adopt it. After the adoption is complete, the page can be altered like any other cache.