Bug - can't log into New Waymarking Forums

I was logged onto the Waymark website and clicked on the Forums tab in the upper-right corner. This took me to the Groundspeak Portal which had the same categories as on the Groundspeak Forums on the Geocaching website. The Waymark Forum portal did not automatically "see" that I was logged in, so I clicked on the Sign-in in the upper right cornet. The site asked for my Sign in Name and Password. I assume (that may be the problem) that it is the same as my Geocaching and Waymarking sign in and password (I am a Premium member). However, the page did not accept my Sign in name (Outspoken1) and password (same password as I use for Geocaching and Waymarking). So I searched the Waymarking Forums Knowledgebase to no avail. Hmmm....

So I went to the Geocaching site, click on Forums, entered the Groundspeak Forums (to which I was already logged into as Outspoken1) and could read and post on the Waymarking Forums. I assumed (there is that word again) thta the Groundspeak Portal on Waymarking is a mirror of the Waymarking Forums on Geocaching. Then I checked the topics on the Geocaching Waymarking Forum versus the Forums link from the Waymarking website and the postings are not duplicated. This is problematic since some people will post on the Waymarking Forums that use the link on the Waymarking.com site but others will post on the Waymarking Forums using the Geocaching.com link and neither will know the other exists. Obviously, I am so confused, but as an old librarian, two similarly named databases at different locations are a nightmare.

I have tried to be very verbose so people will understand what I am trying to explain. Thanks you so much for your patience with this email. I will also post this on the Waymarking Forums (from the Geocaching.com link) in case others have a better understanding than I.

Take care,

Outspoken1

Check your password. On the new Portal, you need a password with at least 7 characters and one of them has to be a number. I went back to geocache.com and changed my password there. Then when I returned to the portal, everything was accepted.

Also - The portal will not accept an "&" in your name. I had to have mine removed, and chose to put a "space" in its place.

When I first get on the internet, click on "Favorites" for the portal Forum and arrive at the portal. I am not recognized and I'm not logged in. When I do a "Refresh" for the page, then I am recognized and it says I'm logged in.

I don't know why, but it works for me.

The same thing happens when I click on my Favorite for Unread Posts. The first page shows all posts and I'm not logged in. Doing a Refresh shows me logged in and most of the posts disappear. Only the ones that I haven't read remain.