Putting travel bugs/coins in own cache?

ksenrab

We have now hidden our first cache. several peple have found and logged it successfully In the meantime i have found a geocoin in another cache. can i place this in my own cache- - to encourage others to visit my cache and because I'm short of time and know you are supposed to move coins/bugs on promptly....

I dont see a problem with putting, or for that matter taking, coins and TB's into or from your own caches. If I am travelling away from home, and collect moveables while Im away, I will often drop them into my own caches on my return. As you say, it makes your own caches more desirable to find, especially useful when you live in the country. Cheers Bundy

If putting it in your cache goes along with the general guidlines set by the owner of the TB than absolutely. Example; if the owner wants the TB to move North, and from the place you find it and YOUR cache is in a Northernly direction of travel, then you are fulfilling the the TB's wishes. However, if you are putting it much further South, I would refrain placing it in yours unless you cant move it that direction yourself.

But hey, placing it antwhere is better than hanging onto it for long periods of time.

I don't see a problem with it. That's the way I do it. I try to put them in new caches. We have 4 that are going to be hidden this week. Just waiting on permission to hide. :rolleyes:. We have a cache by us that a coin has been in for a month and half, I'm thinking about going to get it and put it in a new cache. Just to see if it will help it along.