Nominations requested

pay_it_forward

Payitforward.jpg

The Above coin is in production and will be available in mid December I am Told. It is track-able on Geocaching.com and has a custom icon. This coin is for people in the community that give back to the community.

If you know of someone who gives back to the community (that does not only mean the GCing community they could volunteer in other areas of their life, or give back in some significant way) Please email through my profile here, so that they can get considered for a free gift coin when they become available.

If you would be willing to hide personal caches for other cachers in your local area that deserve some thanks for paying it forward please contact me.

300 of these are being minted NONE of them will be sold!

Thanks

PIF

Go JayBee really deserves one of these. He has been working on the Grand Experiment for almost a full year now. He is responsible for getting Geocoins into the hands of novice collectors with little or no profit.

I would also like to nomimate Damenace, who has been more than generous over the past year with creating limited edition coins for local events and helping the community overall.

G-m-C

Thanks to the folks that have sent emails and PM re TGF, I have been assured that she will find one of these coming her way as soon as they get here from the mint.

There does seem to be a fair amount of confusion about what I mean by hiding caches, so I have created this handy PDF file that will be included in the package being sent to all ofthe people hiding coins. It explains what hiding a cache involves.

Thanks

PIF

P.S. there are still roughly 200 coins waiting nominations, so get them in.

Go JayBee really deserves one of these. He has been working on the Grand Experiment for almost a full year now. He is responsible for getting Geocoins into the hands of novice collectors with little or no profit.

I would also like to nomimate Damenace, who has been more than generous over the past year with creating limited edition coins for local events and helping the community overall.

G-m-C

I agree completely. These two have done a wonderful service for all cachers. I'd like to add Scaw to that list, too for getting coins out and about overseas as well. :laughing:

I sent an email.

mail2.gif:laughing:

Can I nominate more than 1 person, I have thought of some other that deserve a coin.

You can nominate as many people as you wish.

OK I send nominations for 2 more people.

Thank you so much for doing this. You should be recognized for being so generous in giving your coins to these deserving people.

I challenge everyone who has sent in a nomination and who ever receives a coin to pay it forward. I promise if we all do this even in a little way everyday the world will be a better place.

You never know when you will make someones day with a small gesture.

I'm going to have to nominate Fox-and-the-Hound, for selflessly designing personal Geocoins for those who cannot afford much and only asking to be paid with one of their coins! I'm sure others do this as well, I only know of Chris because he did the art for our first coin! Thanks again Chris, you know I admire your work tremendously!

Nominations have almost stopped. I find it hard to believe that there are that few geocachers that give back to the community.

Come on, help me give these coins to people that deserve them.

L&L

PIF

I got a few more nominations. But will probably not get to sending the email to you unitl tomorrow.

There are so many deserving people that I can think of.

Thanks for doing this! :unsure:

I'd like to nominate Aushiker. It may be a small thing to some, but I really appreciate his "World Release Register". He took it upon himself to do the list & keeps it up to date! :unsure:

FYI: If you read the guidelines you are nominating people who are in your area so you can place a cache with a coin in it for them to find.

I'd like to nominate Aushiker. It may be a small thing to some, but I really appreciate his "World Release Register". He took it upon himself to do the list & keeps it up to date! :unsure:

FYI: If you read the guidelines you are nominating people who are in your area so you can place a cache with a coin in it for them to find.

Yes and no. Actually it's both.

... so that they can get considered for a free gift coin when they become available.

If you would be willing to hide personal caches for other cachers in your local area that deserve some thanks for paying it forward please contact me.

e-mail just sent...this is a wonderful idea, and the timing is great, as it helps us remember that the coming holiday season is about more than spending like crazy...giving your time, energy and leadership to the community is more valuable than just about any other gift!