Virtual geocoins

Discombob

I have noticed this week that those alleged right wingers TDL's virtual geocoins are rearing their ugly head in SA again, and on behalf of Landyman and myself, I would like to say :BOO, Down with virtual geocoins. These evil coins take all the glory away from the hard work in hunting down and finding a genuine coin, and one doesnt get the thrill of ever seeing the coin, or holding it in your hand.

I would grab them and remove them from the country, but I don't want my profile sullied with such tained nonsense, so if anyone is willing to do so, please do.

PS: No offense meant to anyone who likes to find Virtual coins :blink:

ra ra... lets actually get that message to TDL that we DONT want these coins floating around here!!!

Well, thats my opinion, and Disco's, I don't know who else agrees, but after the hard work we've done collecting our coins (that is, a call to GR to bring down some coins from Joe'ies) this all leaves a bit of a bitter taste in our mouth, not withstanding the White Rabbits! :blink:

IMHO, Stoopid concept.

Recently came across a thread where they mentioned the TB with the most miles, it had over 1,000,000... it transpires that it is a virtual and has never left the owners living room.

Don't quite understand why one would do this and wouldn't touch them personally. If they end up in one of my caches I'll probably request the TB/Coin owner to remove it.

Each to their own I guess.

Down with the evil virtual coin. I want my coins to be highly processed earth mineral from some distant land having been transported using million year old plant matter and other highly processed earth materials to be placed in a box made of more million year old plant matter and a log from a non-renewable forest! :blink:

Keep it real, geocoin real that is. :o

Note that I don't believe that Virtual is quite the correct term.

You aren't talking about items that don't exist, you are talking about things like coin photocopies or pictures of the coin that are travelling so that the real coin stays with the owner and doesn't have a chance to get stolen. correct?

If so, there are many threads about this practice in the geocoin forum.

And I agree, I do not like them.

You aren't talking about items that don't exist, you are talking about things like coin photocopies or pictures of the coin that are travelling so that the real coin stays with the owner and doesn't have a chance to get stolen. correct?

Nope, no photocopies. 100% thin air.

I would like to say :BOO, Down with virtual geocoins. These evil coins take all the glory away from the hard work in hunting down and finding a genuine coin, and one doesnt get the thrill of ever seeing the coin, or holding it in your hand.

I agree to the greatest extent and would like to say that virtual geocoins reallY are the most (place your favorite explicative here) thing. (I was banned for three days for using hidden profanity, I hope this does not qualify...LOL)

If you want to keep it, keep it. If you want to share it activate and let it go!

I will never again move another virtual coin. It will always stay right where I saw the little piece of garbage. I will add though I have seen some nice reproductions, but still it ain't the same.

Gene of GOnTO

what exactly are these virtual geocoins? and why have they become a pain in the a**?

i have read notes of people dropping off virtual geocoins, though never really understood. :blink:

They are coins that don't exist, or else just sit in the owners home, and the logging code is made available on the coin page, so that anyone can log the coin as found, even if they haven't.

Not to worry though, it seems the nefarious Virtualcoinreaper has taken care of these fiends, thanks to Warthog's ingenuity :blink:

Nope, no photocopies. 100% thin air.

In that case, they are not allowed according to GC guidelines and if discovered by TPTB those coins will be disabled in the system, never allowed to be logged again.

Though they do allow the reproductions to travel, as long as there is only one of them travelling. though I personally do not agree with reproductions.

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies