garmin RINO 110

mud-dog27

hi i was just wondering if i could get some input on a RINO 110 seeing as i jus for a guy whos selling one for cheap and i was just wondering your thoughts

reason i ask is cause when my truck got broken into they took my ETREX LEGEND......that reminds me how is the formating on the RINOs compared to the ETREX for like user friendlyness

thanks cody

hi i was just wondering if i could get some input on a RINO 110 seeing as i jus for a guy whos selling one for cheap and i was just wondering your thoughts

reason i ask is cause when my truck got broken into they took my ETREX LEGEND......that reminds me how is the formating on the RINOs compared to the ETREX for like user friendlyness

thanks cody

Well, the RINO 110 won't do maps like the Legend did. Its radio performance in pretty marginal. The GPS functionality is identical to the yellow etex.

Hi,

I 'cache with a Rino 130, and often go with another Rino users. They have 120s. We have availed our selves of a great feature of units; that being contact updating on screen. Having the cache position, their position and mine, I get a pretty good triangulation to the hide. Ofcourse, this means little if there is only one Rino... But you mentioned hunting; it is hunters who find this GPSr most useful for the above stated reason. But isnt geocaching hunting? Hmmmm.

As far as the 110 goes, its just a scaled down version ( memory and # of waypoints and tracks ) of the 120. Its quite usable for geocaching, but I think your maps are not going to look as cool as your eTrex.

Except, of course, the Rino has a helix antenna...

And the radio in no worse/better than any other FRS/GMRS radio.

The GMRS side of the 110 radio is way, way underpowered (output watts) compared to most current GMRS radios, including the current Rinos. So, in that sense, yes it is worse.

Edited by Alphawolf

hmm well that sucks but i guess for now it will have to do as for the price this guy is sellin it i couldnt even replace my legend so it should at least keep me in the geocaching and hunting and when money allows ill buy a better unit

god dadgum do i hate thieves :blink:

That doesn't suck! It's a great unit for geocaching. You don't need maps for geochaching. Trust me on this.

hmm well that sucks but i guess for now it will have to do as for the price this guy is sellin it i couldnt even replace my legend so it should at least keep me in the geocaching and hunting and when money allows ill buy a better unit

god dadgum do i hate thieves :blink:

That doesn't suck! It's a great unit for geocaching. You don't need maps for geochaching. Trust me on this.

yea for the caching its fine but i liked my quality maps for hunting but i guess the price is right so ill make do with it for now untill i can afford a better one maybe ill up grade to the 120 or the 130 somewhere down the road i did like the option of downloading maps but whatever thanks for the input

I have a rino 120 and the radio output sucks ROYALLY compared to a couple of fairly inexpensive motorolas I have. At about 1/4 mile distance with a clear line of sight, the Motorolas could only receive static from the Rino while the Rino could receive clearly from the Motorolas.

I am replacing the Rino 120 with a 76csx shortly.

Oh, the Rino 120 saves FEWER track points than even a legend.

Save your money and just buy a new legend.