Extreme Geocachin

Jusl89

They sure do, why dont you tell us where you are from so folks can point you in the right direction - nothing in your profile

I'm from Eire, PA

oh really???

Well here is a nice 4* to get you warmed up and when you are done with that one stop on by and try this other 4*. I bet you will find some nice cliffs to climb around there. You could also go for a swim if you are feeling lucky. Sorry but there are no foundries in ERIE.

Too bad you live so far down in the contiguous zone... we've got what you're looking for up here (although no steel foundries...).

Plenty of 'summit' caches with high terrain ratings - and then there's the easy to access 'acacheraphobia'

placed by mtboy at one of Anchorage's most popular rock-climbing spots - right on a major highway.

If the fall doesn't get you, the trucks might! :laughing:

Here's Alaskan uber-cacher Tundra Tim making the approach to the cache (note the highway below):

df84a1a7-916d-47a5-9205-389b4a1c09ab.jpg

Too bad you live so far down in the contiguous zone... we've got what you're looking for up here (although no steel foundries...).

Plenty of 'summit' caches with high terrain ratings - and then there's the easy to access 'acacheraphobia'

placed by mtboy at one of Anchorage's most popular rock-climbing spots - right on a major highway.

If the fall doesn't get you, the trucks might! :laughing:

Here's Alaskan uber-cacher Tundra Tim making the approach to the cache (note the highway below):

Man, if you fall off that rock you could get hit by a car! :unsure:

If the fall doesn't get you, the trucks might! :anibad:

Man, if you fall off that rock you could get hit by a car! :o

At least there's no cactus!

A steel foundry would be private property and wouldn't be allowed.

Edited by Woodbutcher68

I was wondering if anyone does any extreme Geocaching, like putting caches on the sides of cliffs or in a steel foundry or something.

This post has a very different tone from your other recent thread, in which you decry a cache that puts people at risk from cactus needles... :anibad:

{troll}

Ok I'm confused. In your other thread you have major problems with a cache hidden in some cactus along a bike trail and you want that cache archived. Now your looking for extreme, potentially dangerous, caches.

Maybe he's making a case for a lawsuit, or more probably, to take to the media..... B)

Too bad S-T-O-P-geocaching.com got shut down. He'd be most welcome over there.... :anibad:

If he could trump up the cactus freeway deathwish cache, just think what he could come up with next. :o

While I wonder about any rock climber's sanity with regard to a death wish, I have to REALLY wonder about the guy standing directly below him!

What's his job, cacher catcher? :)

I think he'd be safer standing in the highway!

Ed

The guy below him is his safety net. All the bottom guy has to do is pull the rope and the guy on the rocks doesn't move - by choice or otherwise. Having been at both ends of the rope many times, I can say for certain that yes, "cacher catcher" is rather accurate.

Much as I have done with my reply to you on the other thread which you recently started, I am going to assume for now that you are a legitimate poster rather than a troll, although it is true that there are some mysteries surrounding you and your attitudes. And so, moving on to answer your question:

Yes, there exist plenty of extreme geocaches, and they are well within guidelines so long as the cache owner assigns the appropriate Difficulty and Terrain rating (the latter a 5) to the cache and so long as they disclose the more obvious hazards, challenges and equipment needed on the cache listing page.

Some typical extreme geocaching hide sites might include:

• deep inside a tiny storm drain pipe carrying polluted runoff water under a city
  • on the steelwork under an abandoned railroad bridge 130 feet above the river in a wilderness river gorge.
  • in the wilderness, accesible only via a long hike
  • in the mountains at an elevation of 12,000 feet
  • in a remote spot in a desert
  • deep in a cave located at 10,000 foot elevation
  • halfway up a steep cliff in the wilderness
  • deep underwater, accessible only using SCUBA gear
  • on an island in the middle of a large and powerful river
  • atop a sheer stone pylon rising 100 above the water level in the center of a major river
  • in the containment building of an abandoned nuclear reactor, in a site riddled with toxic chemical waste, radioactive waste, asbestos dust and hantavirus infested rodents
  • at a depth of 250 feet underwater in a vertical pit cave, accessible only to advanced certified cave divers

You may wish to check out any of our Psycho Urban Caches or Psycho Backcountry Caches, or see my Extreme Caches public bookmark list to get some idea of the scope of extreme caches available.