Hogmanay Hang-Out

I should be able to make it (this isn't just a crafy bump - honest! :laughing:)

If anyone should wish to contribute to the charity fundraising for Billy Twigger but can't make the event, you can donate at www.justgiving.com/hogmanay_hangout or click on my sig below!

I am amazed at everyone's continued generosity - we have so far raised about £200 including Gift Aid!

Thanks to everyone who made it yesterday - we raised £500 for the Spinal Injuries Unit in Glasgow, thanks to a mystery donor (well, I know who (s)he is!) who promised to double the total that we raised and has since promised to round the total up to £500 for us. Anyone who hasn't donated who still wants to, you can donate at http://www.justgiving.com/hogmanay_hangout until 13th of January.

I think a big thank you has to go to all of the individual people and companies who donated some sort of prize for the event. There was well over 40 Geocoins donated lots of TB tags, a GPS and a years free membership for Geocaching.com and many many more prizes.

This generosity in my opinion led to more people coming back to have another go at the tombola, as there was so many prizes on offer. This in turn meant that in under 2 hours the tombola had sold out of all it's tickets, we had made well over £200 and nobody I believe went home disappointed. :anibad::ph34r::mad::mad:

Just in case anyone's been meaning to, but hasn't got around to it, donations to the Spinal Injuries Scotland charity need to be made before the 13th of January. We have already raised £1000 for both this charity and the Unit in which Billy Twigger has been treated, but a little more never hurts!

Just to remind everyone who hasn't donated but wants to, today is your last day before the donation site closes down tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone that donated - we raised just over £700 with donations on the site with an extra £100 in Gift Aid - an amazing effort thanks to everyone, especially Mandy for her calendars!

That is a fantastic amount, do you have the official figure for what was raised by those that attended the event?

Yup - as you confirmed at the event, £228.10 was raised, and teh myster donor made that upto £500 :lol: I sent the cheques off to the Spinal Injuries Unit in Glasgow last week and once I get a receipt back I'll post a scan on the event page with all the final totals and archive the event.