Devils in Danger - worldwide caching game

forthferalz

Thanks to Aussie cacher Caughtatwork the game is ready to go this Friday! ( australian dates - use GMT+11 - we are on daylight saving) till 1st feb 2007 ( not inclusive so finishing last second of 31st Jan 2007 )

Sign on at http://www.cachinggames.com - its totally free and will host anyone's games

How to Team Up?

You are required to join CachingGames.com using your geocaching handle if you wish to participate. You can do this by signing up in Members Services. You are then required to join the individual game by clicking on Join This Game on the main page of the game you wish to participate in. (You are not required to join the game if you only want to observe the ladder.)

1.Join the game using the link on the left column navigation area of the games page.

2.Then find a partner who is also signed up by looking at the claims to see who still has no partner and then contacting them through geocaching.com, or emailing your friends or asking for a partner on the forums.

3.Once you have agreed on a partnership use the Team Up Link on the left of the game page and enter their caching name. This is not case sensitive.

4.You can change partnerships at any stage of the game.

Edited by forthferalz

You can now see a list of all participants under "view claims" probably best if you pm the cacher via geocaching.com

guineafowl and gpx navigators are teaming up.

Looks like team chelmo fell off the list or has yet to click "join the game" - mommyfinder needs to bump them.

See my first edited post for how to team up.

leaving quigley caughtatwork and 9key to arrange themselves

Nothing to stop you guys asking around in other forum threads and spreading the word - I sent a note to podcacher.

This game seems to be a lot of fun while supporting the poor TD.

Anybody looking for a german partner?

Willkommen wutzebear! entschuldigen, mein Deutsche von Babelfish ist schrecklich :(

welcome wutzebear! excuse me, my german from babelfish is dreadful :(

otherwise it would have been nice to translate the webpages into a few languages!

should I play matchmaker? Suggest you pair off in the order you came in - so caughtatwork (c@w) go with quigley and wurtzebear go with 9key - sound ok? Use the PM feature of the forum

(guineafowl and gpx navigators are working together)

and parents of sam you go with fairly magic?

Edited by forthferalz

I'll give it a shot.

Anyone seeking for a German partner?

Otherwise: could the matchmaker fairy be so kind?

Greez

Daniel

Willkommen Daniel - I think it is lunchtime for you - the US is still asleep but I think someone will join you soon.

I hope some more australians will join us tomorrow :laughing: It is ok to join anytime before the close date.

Willkommen wutzebear! entschuldigen, mein Deutsche von Babelfish ist schrecklich :laughing:

welcome wutzebear! excuse me, my german from babelfish is dreadful :unsure:

Nevertheless: thanks!

otherwise it would have been nice to translate the webpages into a few languages!

Do you need a german translation? I think it won't be perfect, but better than Babelfish!

wutzebear go with 9key - sound ok?

Mail is already sent.

I sent them an email through gc.com and am waiting for a response. :laughing:

I do have aquestion about the requirements. Can one thing cover both of them? (ie. both partners set a TB about the Tassie Devil free or both place a Tassie Devil cache) Or do we need to do 2 things one for each requirement?

Edited by ParentsofSAM

I sent them an email through gc.com and am waiting for a response. :laughing:

I do have aquestion about the requirements. Can one thing cover both of them? (ie. both partners set a TB about the Tassie Devil free or both place a Tassie Devil cache) Or do we need to do 2 things one for each requirement?

Well that's efficient! I think in the spirit of being a quick and cheerful game why not? Unless there are plausible objections by the end of the first week set aside for ammendments, I won't write in a clause to limit this.

I'm not sure if GC would permit a cache that is overly "agenda"ful though - have to watch that. I haven't actually got the final cache to log approved yet. The TB would be ok though with GC.

I'll give it a shot.

Anyone seeking for a German partner?

Otherwise: could the matchmaker fairy be so kind?

Greez

Daniel

Hallo Daniel -

You can see a list of players looking for a team "view claims"

http://www.cachinggames.com/devilsindanger/ladder.php

Not So lost Puppies are with travelingviking

so I sent a note to Slytherin to ask if he wants to partner with you (update he has a uk partner signing up so I have asked dandent in australia)

Contact players directly by using

http://www.geocaching.com/email/Default.aspx

Edited by forthferalz

Do you need a german translation? I think it won't be perfect, but better than Babelfish!

Yes please. It is not a small task! If you can do this particularly for the information page about the Tasmanian Devils that would be fantastic and if you put in a note about it when I activate the special cache would be requirement 2 for you. :laughing:

About the special cache - sorry it's not active yet, my son has a fever (nothing serious - the school does swimming lessons early in the freezing water and they always get a cold - I should know better)

but if an earthcache can be virtual cache to log then I'll make one of those as well or instead. Does anyone know if it can be a remote find?

I just found this thread, I already signed up and emailed some players but no one has responded yet. So I am still looking for a partner.

Welcome chstress53! - be patient - there is a timelag! Why not try posting a request on a country specific forum? We could use the advertising. If no joy in a day or so I'll ask around for you.

We have someone from italy! Lovely. I'm emailing singapore today cheers carolyn

HI Big and little Eds,

To play devils in danger first round up a partner from another country ( hardest bit! )

Then you and your partner do something involving caching - anything at all, mirror style - you find say a car theme TB and move it; he finds another car TB and moves it.

The CLAIM is made by sending in the waypoint where I can see what you've done - so the WP might be in this case the cache you moved the bug to. Partner sends in his cache's waypoint. I check them out and approve the claims.

Then you both need to each spread the word about the devil's problem any way you like and tell me in a note on the special cache ("Devils in Danger") Claim this second cache and when I see your note posted I'll approve your second claim and put your login numbers into the prize draw.

Hope that's clearer now!

Try emailing a foreign forum - new zealand might be good, lots of sheep there.

scroll down to international

http://www.utahgeocachers.com/links-orgs.p...ed415fc0cd19684

Great - How did italian cacher kdv hear about the game?

30 players and only two pairs to go. Can I suggest the Eddies partner Quigley and the others might pair off in the order they joined?

I've done a bit of "advertising" - podcacher.com spread the word on show 78

it would be nice to have a representative from every caching nation.

I think it is obvious from the numbers except for Cached who is a founding member of the website. SerZ is posting to the greeks for us and I've emailed singapore forums, french ( any francophones from canada here? ) and I'll email my japanese friend tonight.

Could team Chelmo email NZ and Guineafowl email the SA forums please?

Oleruns has placed this cache in Anchorage, Alaskan Tasmanian Devil Home (GCZCDH) but not claimed it yet - you can claim it now if you like Oleruns.

You might all like to wait until after Nov 18th to find caches because Caching place has just announced their new game Orient express and you must not revisit caches ( but you can use them for other games)for the 16 you claim aspart of Orient express

http://thecachingplace.com/cachunuts/orientx/default.asp

good news A special prize coinin burgundy glitter - photo is of "antarctic kiss" blue coin. it will be soon commercially available from geocoinclub.com bargain bin

xxxcoin-blue.jpg

bad news - Chris Rake has exploded his computer with our tasmanian coin design unbacked up! waiting to hear if salvage possible. You may win an ultra limited edition devil decoder wooden nickel!

great news!

tiki also has a mystery game - collaborating is allowed on that one so I'm opening up a treasure hunters thread on another website to play this.

HI Oleruns,

FTF - first to finish your half.

Now you have to log into the cachinggames.com/devilsindanger and click "make a claim" in the left menu and enter your cache waypoints + a note 'justifying' ie. explaining your claim - you don't need to wait for your partner to finish do this. Approval will be granted independantly but only teams with 4 completed claims will go in the main draw - those with less go in the also rans draw :anicute:

oh by the way you can now purchase *"participation" geocoins hehehe $5 ea http://www.geocoinstore.com/index.php?main...dex&cPath=5

Got the stats today on the geolippy coin

I'm not sure how many they are making but there's plenty at least 500 . It's one big mama of a coin - extrathick and extrawide and made to spread the love!

*(but other than me having 20 special coloured ones you can't buy from the mint it has nothing to do with the game - just in caseyou feel sort of left out if you don't win a coin). Current prize pool is pair of lips, pair of gold compass roses and pair of gold snowwolves and a greenman. So you have a >1/5 chance of a prize.

edit for clarity

Edited by forthferalz

HI everyone,

just a little note to say welcome to we have an even number of players again - if anyone is having trouble pairing up please post here or email me.

goodnews - cookie drive! I had a snack of monster sized chocolate chip cookies while out caching the other day. A local business is making these as a fundraiser. Couldn't say no!

bad news

http://www.advancedconservation.org/articl...scuitsales.html an article that ran in the local paper here. The state govt. is criticised by the US for not doing much and the local researchers for snubbing "help" from overseas. They are certainly right about the FOX problem not being properly addressed.

Two announcements - as there seems to be a number of persons still without partners in spite of my matchmaking efforts I've extended the closure to Valentines day.

Wutzebear made a german translation of the tasmanian devil

"Der Tasmanische Teufel" which is now on the website Danke sehr und einen guten Rutsch! thanks very much and happy new year!

ok wait so we have to have a trackable but does it have to be a bug? then we make our own challenges with our partner and the first one to complete them wins. Now i dont have a TB but i have an Alaska Geocoin will that work

HI flagfinder - you just need a partner - preferably in another country (but at this stage of the game you may have to settle for another state). You and your partner agree to do something the same - 'mirror' style hide a cache with teh same theme, seek a cache with teh same theme nothing too hard then step 2 both of you raise awareness of Tasssie devil's plight somehow IN PRINT ( not necessarily cache related! although a lot of people have chosen to releasea TB or coin) and tell us about it as a note on the devils in Danger cache listing ( under my profile).

The game ends on Valentine's day local time (see the website)

Geocache Golden Heart Devils in Danger, GC105QN was approved today and travel bug Golden Heart Tasmanian Devil in Danger, TB11DDX was dropped into the new cache to begin its journey to the Land of Oz. Many thanks to Bargao_Henriques of Portugal for teaming up with us to meet the challenge of spreading the word about the endangered Tasmanian devil and other creatures around the world.

I'm going to drop out of this for various reasons, so maybe someone can pair up with my former partner?

I have emailed all out of the US but no response. Will your partner mind teaming up with me?

I just signed up and can team up

Great! Now how do we get to be teamed up? forthferalz?