Protect your coins from the Pirate

fireman121

I do think that fireman121 is on to something, I just don't know that specifying to avoid a location will protect it that much, or prevent it from going there, or him being just a touch insulting to MO, is going to help a whole bunch.

I think there are some fundamental problems with coins as travelers that need to be addressed first. Placing a restriction on a coin seems to me to be the opposite of making them travelers.

I do think that fireman121 is on to something, I just don't know that specifying to avoid a location will protect it that much, or prevent it from going there, or him being just a touch insulting to MO, is going to help a whole bunch.

I think there are some fundamental problems with coins as travelers that need to be addressed first. Placing a restriction on a coin seems to me to be the opposite of making them travelers.

Yeah kinda like travel bug hotels that serve as prisons... it does seem counter intuitive to have a coin NOT travel it seems in the current coin thief climate that coins just don't make very good travelers.

Yeah kinda like travel bug hotels that serve as prisons... it does seem counter intuitive to have a coin NOT travel it seems in the current coin thief climate that coins just don't make very good travelers.

I think coins are just too pretty to be travelers and what I mean by that is that they're too nice and people want to keep them as opposed to the tb's i've seen that are key chains and knick knacks that aren't as "pretty" as the coins. Thats just my opinion and what to i know I'm just a n00b :unsure:

So far SW Missouri has been OK.

They travel through and on their way.

100'S Of TB's and coins.

I have created a new way of logging.

Now I leave a coin in every cache.

I found some nice coins to leave and that will be added to the log.

Then slip in a geocoin and they have to go to every cache.

Kinda on the lines of

THIS PROPERTY GUARDED BY SMITH&WESSON 3 NIGHTS A WEEK.

YOU GUESS WHICH 3.

I think coins are just too pretty to be travelers and what I mean by that is that they're too nice and people want to keep them as opposed to the tb's i've seen that are key chains and knick knacks that aren't as "pretty" as the coins. Thats just my opinion and what to i know I'm just a n00b :laughing:

Yep, you are 100% right, which in very unfortunate! Especially, considering the amount of money one invests in the coins. You know there is always going to be someone who takes the fun out of it for all!

So far SW Missouri has been OK.

They travel through and on their way.

100'S Of TB's and coins.

I have created a new way of logging.

Now I leave a coin in every cache.

I found some nice coins to leave and that will be added to the log.

Then slip in a geocoin and they have to go to every cache.

Kinda on the lines of

THIS PROPERTY GUARDED BY SMITH&WESSON 3 NIGHTS A WEEK.

YOU GUESS WHICH 3.

Good one!