Sabi Sands Preserve

Cornerstone4

Hello,

I have been spending too many hours watching a live webcam feed from the Sabi Sands Preserve. It's very interesting to watch, and see what animals may show up next.

So, what I was wondering, is if caching was allowed on the preserve. I thought it would be fun to have someone place a cache in the trees you can see in the distance....

Sorry if this is just another dumb idea, but since I may never actually visit So. Africa, I thought I could live vicariously through the webcam! :rolleyes:

Web Cam link

Two problems on placing a cache here.

1. This is big five country and you can't just walk around and up to a tree like that.

2. For the locals, it is a bit expensive to go to the Game Park, so don't think you will get many cahcers that would go there

Is "big 5" a reference to dangerous animals?

I didn't realize it was a paid admission park. After I posted, I thought about it, and I figured the owners of the cam wouldn't appreciate cachers anyway...it would scare the animals away. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

I didn't realize it was a paid admission park. After I posted, I thought about it, and I figured the owners of the cam wouldn't appreciate cachers anyway...it would scare the animals away. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Don't think the Geo's will scare the animals but the other way around.

I see your point! :)

1. This is big five country and you can't just walk around and up to a tree like that.

2. For the locals, it is a bit expensive to go to the Game Park, so don't think you will get many cahcers that would go there

Thanks for the feedback!

Big Five

1. Lion

2. Buffalo

3. Elephant

4. Rhino

5. Leopard.

Not your average house pets. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Big Five

1. Lion

2. Buffalo

3. Elephant

4. Rhino

5. Leopard.

Not your average house pets. :)

No, I'd say they aren't!

In fact, the webcam is currently showing a herd of buffalo in the water right now. B)

Interesting link. I am still thinking of doing a webcam cache here in Cape Town. No BIG 5 nearby, but one large mountain in the background.

Lots of birds chirping, no animals...

As far as I can recall webcam caches have gone the same way as virtuals and aren't being approved anymore.

I believe you are correct. That is why I thought it would be fun to have a live webcam, with audio, and place a traditional cache within view. You would never know who was watching you fumbling around for the cache. :unsure: