Monterey Bay Geocoin Samples have arrived!

kc8hnz

Did you have an imitation hard enamel sample done? People should do this more often, because for some designs it looks SO much better. Generally, a design with a lot of raised metal lines like this one would look better with imitation hard enamel.

--Marky

I agree. The otter would have a nice smooth, soft look with a hard enamel finish.

Is there a Monterey Bay geocoin?

Yes, a local group (Central Coast GeoCachers) did a coin a while back:

img1758wincene2.jpg

img1742winceoo2.jpg

I thought so, but my memory is not what it used to be, and cannot always be trusted. I did a Monterey Bay search in one of the geocoin galleries and came up empty (now I know why...it is listed under CCGC). Thanks for confirming that sometimes my gray matter still works.

I agree, imitation hard enamel would look much nicer due to all the fine detail.

I recall mention of epoxy coating in your pre-order topic.

Is this sample epoxy coated?

The Dream Cachers

Yes, they are going to have the epoxy. They didn't put it on the samples for some reason, nor were they the 4 mm thickness I asked for so I made sure to e-mail Sara at Oak Coins and get both of those things taken care of. Also, the tracking number goes where the samples have the plain number.

I have presold all the coins I was going to sell, and am keeping 50 for trading, but I'm going to take trades after all the coins ship out to keep things organized. I should have a ship date soon as soon as I get the final invoice from Oak Coins tonight. Thanks to everyone who showed such great intrest in my coin!

Once again, out of respect for the rest of us cachers in the area, it would be nice to refer to this as your personal coin and not "The Monterey Bay" coin.

Would just 'The Montery Geocoin' suit better, since there is no coin just for the penisula itself? I do really like the full title for the coin, though, I think it has a better ring to it and more representive of the area in which I cache. But, I am willing to consent to the popular opinion if it is believed to be unsuitable.

If you just put "The kc8hnz Monterey Bay coin" it would be fine. All you need to do is put your handle in it, making it clear that it is a PERSONAL coin and not a area group coin.

that seems reasonable and I'll go with that

You could call it "1/2 Monterey Bay kc8hnz coin" :unsure:

I agree, imitation hard enamel would look much nicer due to all the fine detail.

I recall mention of epoxy coating in your pre-order topic.

Is this sample epoxy coated?

The Dream Cachers

Yes, they are going to have the epoxy.

Isn't soft enamel + epoxy end up being more expensive than imitation hard enamel? (Plus, I prefer imitation hard enamel over epoxy. ymmv) :unsure:

--Marky

They have arrived!!! Invoices have been sent and all coins should be sent out this weekend. If you got a confirmed reservation on the presale and didn't get an invoice, send me a e-mail. Thanks everybody for the great intrest in my first coin endevor.

Yes! I still have about a dozen left in both finishes. If you or anyone else wants one but didn't get in on the presale just send me an e-mail.