TOMMY TROJAN GEOCOINS - NOW AVAILABLE

Tommy Trojan

Kudo's to Tommy for advancing one of the cleverest coin marketing strategies I've had the pleasure to see unfold here. Yes, there are other high priced coins on the market, but Tommy's implied verbal contract has kept this thread near the top of the list since it began. There's no doubt in my mind that this has had an impact on sales of the coin.

I bought my coin soon after it became available and am very pleased. Considering what geocoins are going for on the E*place these days, this coin is almost a bargain.

IMHO

:unsure:

Why would their names be MUD? I thought as long as a coin was purchased it was generall seen as acceptable to resell? (Please note, my opinion is not in here, just an overview of past forum threads.)

Personally I think it is OK to sell a coin weather I bought it with cash or if I trade for it. The trade is really the same as buying except I am using a different currency to "buy" it.

But If I were to buy or trade and the seller/trader of the coin requested up front that I not resell the coin then I, being an honest and morale person, would say it would be wrong for me to agree to such terms then turn around and resell the coin. Keep in mind this needs to be done upfront before the sale/trade. And of course if I don't want to agree to such terms then I can choose not to trade/buy.

as I said before this is basically a verbal contact. If I decide to break it there is no legal recourse unless there is a signed contract. Verbal contracts don't have any weight as a matter of law because there is no way to prove it in court.

However if Joesmithcacher were to violate such a verbal contract the seller of the coin might come in the forums and tell everyone to avoid joesmithcacher because he is a liar and a cheater etc.... Thus Joesmithercacher name might be = to Mud

getting back to the original topic

Get your Tommy Trojan Geocoin Today! CLICK HERE

FIGHT ON!

Why would their names be MUD? I thought as long as a coin was purchased it was generall seen as acceptable to resell? (Please note, my opinion is not in here, just an overview of past forum threads.)

Personally I think it is OK to sell a coin weather I bought it with cash or if I trade for it. The trade is really the same as buying except I am using a different currency to "buy" it.

But If I were to buy or trade and the seller/trader of the coin requested up front that I not resell the coin then I, being an honest and morale person, would say it would be wrong for me to agree to such terms then turn around and resell the coin. Keep in mind this needs to be done upfront before the sale/trade. And of course if I don't want to agree to such terms then I can choose not to trade/buy.

as I said before this is basically a verbal contact. If I decide to break it there is no legal recourse unless there is a signed contract. Verbal contracts don't have any weight as a matter of law because there is no way to prove it in court.

However if Joesmithcacher were to violate such a verbal contract the seller of the coin might come in the forums and tell everyone to avoid joesmithcacher because he is a liar and a cheater etc.... Thus Joesmithercacher name might be = to Mud

getting back to the original topic

Get your Tommy Trojan Geocoin Today! CLICK HERE

FIGHT ON!

So is it your crusade to promote (shove down the throat of all others) every over-priced coin that comes up for sale on this forum? Are you getting on the bandwagon so you can ask similar prices for your next coin? I'll pass on it too! Looks like you believe if you use a huge, ugly font that people will flock to buy the coin. I believe we are all adult enough to choose which coins we buy and which coins we pass on, no matter how loud and irritating you are. Just continue to beat this dead horse like you have in several other threads, no problem.

I noticed that TT posted a note on an up coming event in Indiana.

Is this right?

I then started looking at other states that were having events this weekend and found that he had post the same annoucement on other event cache pages.

(Insert my opionion here)This seems to me a little too much like spam. Is GC.com ok with this form of marketing?

Chris-Team Shydog

Is this right?

I then started looking at other states that were having events this weekend and found that he had post the same annoucement on other event cache pages.

(Insert my opionion here)This seems to me a little too much like spam. Is GC.com ok with this form of marketing?

Chris-Team Shydog

Smells like Spam, looks like Spam, probably tastes like it too....

SPAM

Is this right?

Chris-Team Shydog

Yep I noticed that on an event on my watchlist. spamsign.gif

I hope the event owners delete the logs.

I hope the owners report it to contact@geocaching.com. It's a violation of the terms of use. If they're going to advertise on cache pages, they'd better be paying Groundspeak.

"you agree not to:

(e) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx

Is this right?

Chris-Team Shydog

Looks like the post was deleted, what did it say?

Edited by nicolo

Got our coin today! Great looking coin, definitely one of our favorites! Congrats on such a great coin!!!

WONDERFUL ... HAPPY you like it!

We have been met with such FABULOUSLY POSITIVE RESULTS with the coin ... we have had ZERO negative feedback ... that is AWESOME - THANK YOU AGAIN!

This thread is still active, so Helen and I want to take a moment and try to explain on a couple of subjects.

On the subject of “agreement not to resell”

---------------------------------------------------

There has been a lot of discussion regarding our request for purchasers NOT TO RESELL … we ask purchasers not to put our items out for profit.

From your requests to purchase, we are offering ONE COIN per person … our reasoning is that we want to GIVE and SHARE to geocaching and for what Jeremy and staff has intended.

So some have asked, … “What if it is resold, what are we going to do about it?”

That is simply answered … we will be disappointed.

Helen and I did not come into this WONDERFUL game to bring or create NEGATIVITY … we came as friends, we hope to contribute to the GOODNESS of geocaching and we will continue to strive in that direction … so as to recourse of someone selling our coin … there will be none initiated by us.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The latest smear we are experiencing is posting a note on all events this coming weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I do agree with some of you and believe it was I who made a mistake.

We were not aware of any rules against posting to an event cache.

This morning I thought with it being near the holidays, it would be nice to offer up a couple of things …

1. Wishing a successful and good event.

2. Helen and I wishing all attendees a Happy Holiday Season

3. PERIOD!

Here is the email I sent … AND SINCE HAVE DELETED ON ALL CACHE LOGS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a GREAT event!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS & SEASON GREETINGS!

Tommy Trojan, Helen of Troy and All the Trojan Travelers

Tommy Trojan Geocoins - http://www.wient.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now some of you have made reference to this as being SPAM, against the rules, tasteless and whatever else you choose to smear at us.

Our statement of “Tommy Trojan Geocoins – http://www.wient.com” is a signature at the end of our emails … just like you have in many cases here on the forum along with yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc.

We truly do apologize for any manner in which we have offended you or been offensive in any way.

So there you have it folks … we meant GOOD THINGS and WELL WISHES.

Take it or leave it …just like our coin.

Here is the email I sent … AND SINCE HAVE DELETED ON ALL CACHE LOGS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a GREAT event!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS & SEASON GREETINGS!

Tommy Trojan, Helen of Troy and All the Trojan Travelers

Tommy Trojan Geocoins - http://www.wient.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now some of you have made reference to this as being SPAM, against the rules, tasteless and whatever else you choose to smear at us.

Our statement of “Tommy Trojan Geocoins – http://www.wient.com” is a signature at the end of our emails … just like you have in many cases here on the forum along with yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc.

We truly do apologize for any manner in which we have offended you or been offensive in any way.

So there you have it folks … we meant GOOD THINGS and WELL WISHES.

Take it or leave it …just like our coin.

I think it was nice of you to offer holiday wishes to folks.

In that light, I think it would have been more appropriate to simply edit your logs, and remove the link to your coin. That way, you could have left your well wishes, and removed any possible accusations against you. It' too bad you deleted the entire log.

I hope the owners report it to contact@geocaching.com. It's a violation of the terms of use. If they're going to advertise on cache pages, they'd better be paying Groundspeak.

"you agree not to:

(e) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx

It is really so much better to be nice. I think that if you look at every single one of my posts for the past number of months, (including this one) You will see my Hogwild Stuff Logo shamelessly right under my name and a link to my commerical website at the bottom of this post. This is clearly allowed by Groundspeak and within their guidelines.

So you don't like his price don't pay it. But geeze. Sometimes it feels like there is some sort of competition to see who can be critical of who. . . . . . . on the other hand . . . . . once again the Tommy Trojan thread gets bumped to the top of the list. If only I could be so lucky . . . . :mad:

I think it was nice of you to offer holiday wishes to folks.

In that light, I think it would have been more appropriate to simply edit your logs, and remove the link to your coin. That way, you could have left your well wishes, and removed any possible accusations against you. It' too bad you deleted the entire log.

Well perhaps, but what if every cacher posted best wishes, or holiday wishes, or whatever --- to every event page. All the event pages would have thousands of posts on it. The event owner and everyone who had the event on their watch list would get thousands of emails. And why would they want to receive thousands of "best wishes" from people they don't know (even if they are fellow cachers)?

And truthfully, why would Tommy want to post holiday wishes to all of these events and cachers he doesn't know. Isn't that kind of like posting a holiday wishes flyer at every business in town? Or on the front door of every house in town?

Windrose

I think that if you look at every single one of my posts for the past number of months, (including this one) You will see my Hogwild Stuff Logo shamelessly right under my name and a link to my commerical website at the bottom of this post. This is clearly allowed by Groundspeak and within their guidelines.

Yes, signature lines in the forums are pretty wide opened. Links to commerical websites in cache logs are not permitted.

I think that if you look at every single one of my posts for the past number of months, (including this one) You will see my Hogwild Stuff Logo shamelessly right under my name and a link to my commerical website at the bottom of this post. This is clearly allowed by Groundspeak and within their guidelines.

Yes, signature lines in the forums are pretty wide opened. Links to commerical websites in cache logs are not permitted.

wient.com is NOT COMMERICAL ... it is my domain and my site.

My personal coin is the total site ... consist of just the coin page which was designed by me for being able to use paypal as a direct link.

Come on ... why don't YOU break down and BUY ONE COIN ... make someone HAPPY!

Well, we were thinking about buying one of these coins as we like the whole Roman/Ancient Greek theme in things.

However, after reading on the Southern California Geocachers forums about some of TT's behavior towards people who don't follow TT's "rules" as he sees they need to be followed, we will pass on buying from him.

Guess we'll wait for them to show up on ebay. :mad:

Well, we were thinking about buying one of these coins as we like the whole Roman/Ancient Greek theme in things.

However, after reading on the Southern California Geocachers forums about some of TT's behavior towards people who don't follow TT's "rules" as he sees they need to be followed, we will pass on buying from him.

Guess we'll wait for them to show up on ebay. :mad:

WOW ... you are AMAZING!

We certainly would not want ANYONE to be in doubt or unhappy with our contributions to geocaching, children, families, new cachers .. THANK YOU for not "taking a chance!"

Sorry we have not enough to your liking!!

We have only released 100 of the coins into the wilds in the past 3 months but keep checking around and soon we will be reaching that 1000 count (god willing!)

You must be influenced by a very small minority in that group ... we receive between 150-250 POSITIVE emails DAILY from all over the world ... and proud to say we reply to ALL!

TT + HT = 42 - FO!

Guess we'll wait for them to show up on ebay. :(

WOW ... you are AMAZING!

We certainly would not want ANYONE to be in doubt or unhappy with our contributions to geocaching, children, families, new cachers .. THANK YOU for not "taking a chance!"

Sorry we have not enough to your liking!!

We have only released 100 of the coins into the wilds in the past 3 months but keep checking around and soon we will be reaching that 1000 count (god willing!)

You must be influenced by a very small minority in that group ... we receive between 150-250 POSITIVE emails DAILY from all over the world ... and proud to say we reply to ALL!

TT + HT = 42 - FO!

Nice to see such sarcasm from someone trying to gain business...

BTW...are you thanking me for not "taking a chance" or thanking me for not "padding your pocket with even more profit"? :mad:

At any rate, I am done with this, as I have made my point that I feel there are less-than-charitable motives you have. Good day.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Arthur & Trillian posted log and statement ...

"Guess we'll wait for them to show up on ebay. :mad:"

YOU and that statement are really out of line ... why would you bring such a negative to this thread when you don't even know what you are talking about!!

We don't even place our items or caches within the locale here in So Cal ... so what do you mean "rules"?

Placing items for almost 3 years now and losing AND REPLACING 60+ items monthly (yes nearly 2 per day), over several months and 43 caches destroyed ... we feel confident in knowing that there are certain high risk areas, caches and cachers ... so we request that our items not be placed at events, multi-stage or remote area caches ... it is printed on almost all tags attached to the items, in the bug logs and on every THANK YOU email we send to those who GRAB, RETRIEVE and PLACE ... to prevent continual heavy loss in our locale, we now use DISTRIBUTION HUBS throughout the world in which packets are sent and placed throughout the distributors area.

We have a excellent following of HUNDREDS of WONDERFUL cachers all over and for you to have the nerve to being your smut to this thread is BAD ... you certainly are not very nice!

Tommy Trojan says - FIGHT ON!

Edited by Tommy Trojan

My personal coin is the total site ... consist of just the coin page which was designed by me for being able to use paypal as a direct link.

A ".com" website is, by definition, a commercial site--that is what the ".com" means, as opposed to ".org" for organizations, etc.

You even mention that your coin sale is the whole site, and that it was set up to use Paypal to facilitate sales.

What part is not commercial?

Dave_W6DPS

So is it your crusade to promote (shove down the throat of all others) every over-priced coin that comes up for sale on this forum? Are you getting on the bandwagon so you can ask similar prices for your next coin? I'll pass on it too! Looks like you believe if you use a huge, ugly font that people will flock to buy the coin. I believe we are all adult enough to choose which coins we buy and which coins we pass on, no matter how loud and irritating you are. Just continue to beat this dead horse like you have in several other threads, no problem.

Not sure I would call it a crusade but you can if you want to. It simply appears to me that a certain group of people have made it a crusade to be negitive towards coin sales that they have decided are over priced. Now I am not talking about someone who says "Nice coin but sorry I pass because of the price". If you want to provide feedback that is fine. I think you do have a right to state your opinion if you do so respectfully. But I am refering to the negative people that are posting just to be negative. Deep in there heart they want the coin sale to fail. they hurl insults and accusations at the coin sellers hoping to sabatoge the sale

So please join me on my crusade to promote Geocoins and Geocaching in the free world!

Get your tommy trojan gecoin today! CLICK HERE TO FIGHT ON!

A ".com" website is, by definition, a commercial site--that is what the ".com" means, as opposed to ".org" for organizations, etc.

You even mention that your coin sale is the whole site, and that it was set up to use Paypal to facilitate sales.

Dave_W6DPS

I believe tommy feels it is not commercial because he is not planning to to make any money off this coin. As a matter of fact if he reaches his goal I suspect he will be out thousands of dollars similar to his investment of thousands of dollars in Travel Bugs. As posted earlier in this post he is planning to release a 1000 geocoins. He origanally planned to do this with out selling a single coin but many coin collectors pushed him to sell his coins.

Also I do think it is wrong to post "spam" or what ever you want to call it to cache pages unless you have actual business posting to that cache page. The last thing we need is people posting logs to cache pages that they did not find/attend/attempt to find ect.... But I really think we can move past that because Tommy has already removed the logs and posted his apology here.

I know I said I was done with this...but this really needed to be addressed.

Arthur & Trillian posted log and statement ...

"Guess we'll wait for them to show up on ebay. :mad:"

YOU and that statement are really out of line ... why would you bring such a negative to this thread when you don't even know what you are talking about!!

Am I really being out of line? Here's some quotes from the SCG website about some actions that some find distasteful...

"As some of you know I do know TT personally. I have been in his house and drank beer with him.

If the coins say that phrase on the edge then that is his way of telling you not to sell the coin. I can only imagine what would happen if he caught you selling a coin of his. He is quite proud of a stories he has of how he gets cachers accounts suspended for "not following the rules". Including his own rules he places on his TB's.

I am sure he believes this is a legal and binding phrase.

I am not attempt to discourage anyone from buying a coin. I am hoping to inform you of what may or may not happen if you do and he decides he doesn't like what you did with the coin. Dealing with TT is not like the transaction you would have with any other coin collector/buyer.

If I not had the history with TT I would definately buy one."

Maybe this one...

"What I do have an issues with is his threatening and highly charged emails to me about how I should handle his TB's, once I have picked them up or logged them in. or in my case found them dropped off at my events (I think most people realize they have a TT TB in their possession they ditch it in another cache without even logging it in (Their afraid of the threatening emails)

With one TB I found in a cache that was never logged in I went home posted I found it and will be moving along soon and not 24 hours latter Trojan Dude changes the name of the TB to "HaZzMaTt stole this TB" WTF?? I did latter that week drop it in to a cache to keep it moving (and wouldn't you know who picks it up and brown nosees TT YUP! GeoRangers and says crap about me! Fight ON Trojans!!... NOT ) and he had already made a copy TB tag with some MC toy and sent it back out. Then someone in NY logs they found it and logs it in a cache. When in reality it's again just another copy of the same TB so now there's 3 TB's all with the same tracking # and name floating around"

How about here in another thread...

"I know of a few cachers who will not now touch any TB simply because of what TT has said in e-mails when they didn't do exactly as TT wanted. They feel it's isn't worth the hassle. Oh by the way I am one of the few I know.

He is actually a nice guy...until you disagree with him."

I could go on...but you get the picture.

We don't even place our items or caches within the locale here in So Cal ... so what do you mean "rules"?

What do I mean by "rules"? See above.

Placing items for almost 3 years now and losing AND REPLACING 60+ items monthly (yes nearly 2 per day), over several months and 43 caches destroyed ... we feel confident in knowing that there are certain high risk areas, caches and cachers ... so we request that our items not be placed at events, multi-stage or remote area caches ... it is printed on almost all tags attached to the items, in the bug logs and on every THANK YOU email we send to those who GRAB, RETRIEVE and PLACE ... to prevent continual heavy loss in our locale, we now use DISTRIBUTION HUBS throughout the world in which packets are sent and placed throughout the distributors area.

We have a excellent following of HUNDREDS of WONDERFUL cachers all over and for you to have the nerve to being your smut to this thread is BAD ... you certainly are not very nice!

Tommy Trojan says - FIGHT ON!

Smut? Merriam-Webster says...

Main Entry: smut

Function: noun

1 : matter that soils or blackens; specifically : a particle of soot

2 : any of various destructive diseases especially of cereal grasses caused by parasitic basidiomycetous fungi (order Ustilaginales) and marked by transformation of plant parts into dark masses of spores; also : a fungus causing a smut

3 : obscene language or matter

Hmmm...I guess my post wasn't soot, so #1 is out...I figure #2 is out because a post on an online forum isn't a fungal infection of grasses...so...I guess you mean #3? Where did I put out obscene matter? :(

Look...you may not think I am very nice and that's fine. I was not put on this Earth to please everyone. I merely posted what others have said about you.

Quote from Arthur & Trillian posted log and statement ...

"Guess we'll wait for them to show up on ebay. "

Look...you may not think I am very nice and that's fine. I was not put on this Earth to please everyone.

THANK YOU for exposing yourself to those who frequent and participate in this forum ... you being a person who has NEVER purchased nor contributed money for even ONE Travel Bug Dog Tag, nor has place ANY caches for others to enjoy and discover, one who brings NEGATIVITY to this thread, is a poor example and a non contributor of what Helen and I represent in the GIVING and SHARING of this WONDERFUL concept called geocaching!

We feel that this thread has been taken over by the minority and the good is getting buried due to it's length in nature.

We wouldn't be disappointed if the MODERATORS delete this thread ... it is becoming pretty personal.

Helen and I certainly are not perfect and we know we are unable to please all of you ... but we lead with our hearts and not with our swords!

We also are GREAT and DILIGENT warriors and will continue to forge ahead in a POSITIVE way and manner.

WE HAVE SOME VERY GOOD NEWS !!!

We are PROUD to announce that we have sold over 100 coins here on the forum ... THANK YOU all loyal and interested geocachers for your INCREDIBLE support!

Tomorrow we are starting a BANNER AD CAMPAIGN on geocaching.com for those who geocache throughout the world!!

Wouldn't it be GREAT if some of the other coin folks would spend the money to support Groundspeak and geocaching.com in having their own BANNER AD campaign!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SMILE and the WORLD SMILES with you!

Tommy Trojan + Helen of Troy = 42 years of a PRECIOUS and AMAZING marriage - FIGHT ON!!

**Who would think that criticism would be present during this time of GIVING and SHARING!**

Dave_W6DPS

I believe tommy feels it is not commercial because he is not planning to to make any money off this coin. As a matter of fact if he reaches his goal I suspect he will be out thousands of dollars similar to his investment of thousands of dollars in Travel Bugs. As posted earlier in this post he is planning to release a 1000 geocoins. He origanally planned to do this with out selling a single coin but many coin collectors pushed him to sell his coins.

Also I do think it is wrong to post "spam" or what ever you want to call it to cache pages unless you have actual business posting to that cache page. The last thing we need is people posting logs to cache pages that they did not find/attend/attempt to find ect.... But I really think we can move past that because Tommy has already removed the logs and posted his apology here.

No negative, just a fact here....

He stands to make lots of money on the coins. Whether he keeps all the money or spends it all back on geocoins or bugs is up to him, but it doesn't change the fact that he made money.

You are just as guilty as the "negative" people of pushing your view on the board here, but it's ok because you see your posts as "positive". Actually it's worse, I don't see any of the "negative" people bolding "Don't buy these coins" and then pumping up the font and putting it in every post they make.

THANK YOU for exposing yourself to those who frequent and participate in this forum ... you being a person who has NEVER purchased nor contributed money for even ONE Travel Bug Dog Tag, nor has place ANY caches for others to enjoy and discover, one who brings NEGATIVITY to this thread, is a poor example and a non contributor of what Helen and I represent in the GIVING and SHARING of this WONDERFUL concept called geocaching!

Excuse me??

I feel I have been fairly levelheaded in this exchange, especially keeping things civil and without resorting to personal attacks.

Now you have done just that.

I will say you're right...neither my wife or I have placed any caches or bought any travel bug dog tags...yet.

I made it a personal goal to find 200 caches before placing any so I would have a good idea what cachers expect and would like to find. Now that we do indeed have over that magical number we are in the process of trying to get a couple caches out there.

We do not have any travel bugs either, and we may or may not release any.

I didn't know that to participate in this game that it is requisite to do the afeorementioned things. Look, I realize you have indeed released a lot of bugs and coins and that it great...however, your very own statement to me that i quote above tends to make you look a bit...shall we say...haughty, snobbish and dare I say pompous. Everyone plays their game the way they want to. I'm sorry we don't live up to your expectations...I guess we should just hang up our GPSr's and take up knitting. :P

Fight on Tommy!!! Don't let those who try to bring you down win!! I may not have been around for long in this caching world, but I know that YOU are the reason I go out to find TBs!!

It's a shame that others bring up SMUT (no, I don't need a bookworm to tell me the def...I use smut as a kinder word than I am thinking of)about your intentions! HEY...if you don't like his rules, don't grab his TBs...but why would you attack someone doing such good for the community! Tommy is being FAR too modest about his contributions to help the cache community! You bring up those logs thinking that shows Tommy and Helen in a bad light?? He places those rules on his TBs in hopes that the TB will STAY IN CIRCULATION...with sooo many out there, he's only trying to minimize the amount that go missing. Since that is a bonus to all of us (the more in circulation, the more for us to enjoy), I would THINK that any intelligent cacher (and I'm guessing most of us are) would be HAPPY to oblige. I am more than happy to follow the rules set forth by TT!!

Knowing what I know about Tommy, (and the costs and time involved with his hides and TBs) I am proud to stand up for him ANY TIME!!! Why don't some of you that are busy "flapping your gums" at this guy go out and place some hides, parent some TBs and spend THOUSANDS of $$$ to help the cache world like TT and crew have?? If you bring this guy to stopping his cache activities, we'll have ALL lost!! Yes, there are many others out there who have hundreds of TBs out, yes there are many cachers out there with more caches than TT has placed...but I can think of NO ONE who dedicates sooo much time and money as Tommy, Helen and the crew. As I have YET to even get a whiff of a Mount10bike coin, I am guessing that most of those have been grabbed up and hoarded into private collections...this isn't much help to the cache world (not that I'm bashing or even saying ANYTHING bad about the great Mount10bike...more of a bash to those who have hoarded those coins), maybe if there had been some strongly worded rules placed with those coins, they'd still be circulating. (I don't know as I don't even know if Mount10bike ever even placed any coins into the wild, or if he had rules or not). Guess what...I've personally held a few of the TT coins...and maybe 30 or more TBs as well!! Only having been caching for 10 months and living 2000+ miles from him, I think that's pretty darn good. Check my stats and you'll note that I HAVE moved 700+ TBs and moved/discovered nearly that many coins.

I have modeled my cache actions from Tommy's actions...I too answer (or at least try to answer) all cacher's logs which pertain to one of my hides or coins (I only have a few TBs out so far, but have 31 caches and 20 or so coins wandering around...some are unactivated). I too place rules on my coins (as do ALL of you, just not as strongly worded as TT maybe)...i.e...."This coin is NOT swag! It is intended to travel, so please KEEP IT MOVING..." sound about right???

I may be out of line here, and I'm sorry if I am...but this bashing is totally uncalled for and not very productive to say the least!! It all comes back to this: BUY THE COIN IF YOU WANT, DON'T BUY IT IF YOU DON'T WANT...BUT WHY GET PERSONAL??? What I find even worse than the TT bashing is the fact that you'll attack anyone that supports TT...THAT SOUNDS LIKE A CRUSADE TO ME!!!

edit to add: As for the arguement about making the money on the coin...I think MOST of us are guilty of that one...aren't we?? Only difference...Tommy is putting that BACK into the community!! I'm more than willing to pay the extra if it helps the community...I only wish I could buy MORE than 1!!!

Fight on Tommy...keep the joy coming for all!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy
As I have YET to even get a whiff of a Mount10bike coin, I am guessing that most of those have been grabbed up and hoarded into private collections...this isn't much help to the cache world (not that I'm bashing or even saying ANYTHING bad about the great Mount10bike...more of a bash to those who have hoarded those coins), maybe if there had been some strongly worded rules placed with those coins, they'd still be circulating. (I don't know as I don't even know if Mount10bike ever even placed any coins into the wild, or if he had rules or not)

I think it is rather shortsighted to bash those lucky enough to have a Moun10Bike coin in their collections without actually reading what Moun10Bike himself says about the coins in their respective profiles. In them it says they may be gifted, kept and/or moved around.

I may be out of line here, and I'm sorry if I am...but this bashing is totally uncalled for and not very productive to say the least!! It all comes back to this: BUY THE COIN IF YOU WANT, DON'T BUY IT IF YOU DON'T WANT...BUT WHY GET PERSONAL??? What I find even worse than the TT bashing is the fact that you'll attack anyone that supports TT...THAT SOUNDS LIKE A CRUSADE TO ME!!!

The only person who's gotten personal so far has been Tommy himself.

I'm not attacking you, just stating facts.

As I have YET to even get a whiff of a Mount10bike coin, I am guessing that most of those have been grabbed up and hoarded into private collections...this isn't much help to the cache world (not that I'm bashing or even saying ANYTHING bad about the great Mount10bike...more of a bash to those who have hoarded those coins), maybe if there had been some strongly worded rules placed with those coins, they'd still be circulating. (I don't know as I don't even know if Mount10bike ever even placed any coins into the wild, or if he had rules or not)

I think it is rather shortsighted to bash those lucky enough to have a Moun10Bike coin in their collections without actually reading what Moun10Bike himself says about the coins in their respective profiles. In them it says they may be gifted, kept and/or moved around.

The only person who's gotten personal so far has been Tommy himself.

I'm not attacking you, just stating facts.

Read the part where it says I don't know as I don't know if Moun10bike ever placed any in the wild....you are correct...I DON'T know. I do know that there aren't any around for anyone to enjoy though...and I see them traded like HUGE prizes...I think this is something that TT is trying to avoid with his "rules"!! I thought the reason to place coins in the wild are for others to get the chance to SEE it and ENJOY it...as I've stated, I've yet to see one in person!!

AND...if those comments I keep reading AREN'T personal, what are they??? You guys are getting so far off topic it's comical!! This thread is SUPPOSED about selling a coin, so far, I've read more personal attacks about TT's character (and a few others who have stood up for him as well) than about the coin!! In response, I see TT answering all (until this last page) respectfully and kindly...why did it turn personal now...my guess is he's tired of explaining himself to those who don't want to hear his side. we've heard yours, now......

Let's talk about the COIN!!!!!!! I love mine...great job Tommy!!

Fight on!!

AND...if those comments I keep reading AREN'T personal, what are they??? You guys are getting so far off topic it's comical!! This thread is SUPPOSED about selling a coin, so far, I've read more personal attacks about TT's character (and a few others who have stood up for him as well) than about the coin!! In response, I see TT answering all (until this last page) respectfully and kindly...why did it turn personal now...my guess is he's tired of explaining himself to those who don't want to hear his side. we've heard yours, now......

Again...show me where anyone else BUT Tommy has lobbed personal attacks.

Somebody please close this thread. It hasn't been about the coin in a long time!

THANK YOU for your input ... again we are SO VERY EXCITED about starting our BANNER AD on geocaching.com tomorrow ... watch for it!

We will be placing MORE coins into the wilds this month as well!!

We TOATALLY appreciate and THANK ALL OF YOU who have purchased the coin from the related thread ... over 100 PLUS 3 this morning!!

THANK YOU for MOVING our travel bugs and coins !!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!

Tommy + Helen = 42 - FIGHT ON!

A&T - pulling in names and quotes from another board/thread was reall uncalled for and crosses the line.

All - this horse has been beaten to death.

Some facts:

- The coins are more expensive than most

- TT has put out a lot of TBs

- TT wants to put out 1,000 coins and is using the funds from the sale of this coin to do so

- TT answers a lot of emails/responds to people moving thier TBs/coins

- Some people like the coin

- Some people think it's too expensive

- TT is going to buy banner ads on GC.com (whether those are to say "Thanks" or to sell more of thier coin is TBD - really doesn't matter)

I think I've covered the bases. Most everything else is personal opinion or speculation.

This thread has gone way off topic so I'm closing it as I think everybody has had thier say.

The OP is welcome to open a new thread about thier coin sale, but I caution all future posters to that thread to stay on topic. Don't think of this as a threat - more of a friendly reminider.