TOMMY TROJAN GEOCOINS - NOW AVAILABLE

Tommy Trojan

Okay, I'm convinced! I'm buying one of these on payday!

Not only do I think it is a beautiful coin, I truly appreciate the grace and charm of Mr. & Mrs Trojan! In addition to that, I feel that by purchasing a coin, it will help with their plan to release 1000 coins. Who benefits from that? We all do!

Ditto that MustangJoni. Tommy & Helen are truly wonderful people. It is great to find coins in the wild. Geocaching is a positive thing. We all get to meet people from around the world that we normally would not have. I would like to thank everyone for placing caches and TBs. GEOCACHING ROCKS!!!

One final thought for you. If you're paying $7.00 per coin - shop around next time. You can do MUCH better.

I am not going to debate pricing, but our pricing is very public, everyone knows it. We dont hide it.

When you order a few coins, the price is higher. You have 2 3D dies, the pricing is higer than a 2D. 2 Laser engrave numbers/letters, you are going to pay more. Add in Tracking and Icons. A quick pricing of 250 coins put it at just under $6.00 a coin.

You are right you can save money, 1 Laser Engrave, 2D Dies only, no tracking/icon, shinny nickel finish instead of an Antique Finish...

Nielsenc - I don't surf - get your facts straight.

1) It's called sarcasm, look it up

2) Even if it weren't, at least it's out in the open and not being hidden, eh?

You are correct, it was for a 'wakeboard tower' and not a surfboard. I guess I should have paid more attention to your thread.

Thanks for correcting me.

nielsenc

Edited by nielsenc

See Nielsenc, once AGAIN you just don't get it. The point is not whether or not they are making a profit, it's the pretending not to that is the issue. Albeit sarcastic I didn't try to play it off like anything else, not to "better the community", "cover costs", "put coins in the wild", it was quite clear. It's just amazing that people think they can play it off like something else.

You're making money, fine, just say it, more power to you, I really didn't think coins priced that high would sell in any quantity, but obviously the market is expanding to a new level.

Ok, I think I understand your point. You just want people to be upfront when selling a personal coin. Understand.

As a side note, I am still not for selling personal coins, and the coins that were referred to were not our personal coins, before any more misinformation is laid out thought I'd make that clear.

You are correct, as I was referring to hyour Dog Geocoins. Sorry if anyone thought it was your personal coins.

nielsenc

Edited by nielsenc

We like the idea of this project! Hope you manage to get 1000 out there.

Ordered ours!

So far as how to enforce the no sales clause,it should be a moot point.

Whoever agrees to this purchase has implied they will not sell the coin(As we do)

If your word is no good,you will eventually get the reputation you deserve.

Have a GREAT day!!

THANK YOU Ryder3 & Better Half ... we totally appreciate your kindness and input ... it is because of people like YOU that make this all worthwhile!

YOU doi indeed MAKE a difference and we THANK YOU !!

TT + HT = 42 - FO!

Okay, I'm convinced! I'm buying one of these on payday!

Not only do I think it is a beautiful coin, I truly appreciate the grace and charm of Mr. & Mrs Trojan! In addition to that, I feel that by purchasing a coin, it will help with their plan to release 1000 coins. Who benefits from that? We all do!

THANK YOU ... those are VERY KIND words and Helen and I appreciate it!

We look forward to serving you!!

TT + HT = 42 - FO!

See Nielsenc, once AGAIN you just don't get it. The point is not whether or not they are making a profit, it's the pretending not to that is the issue. Albeit sarcastic I didn't try to play it off like anything else, not to "better the community", "cover costs", "put coins in the wild", it was quite clear. It's just amazing that people think they can play it off like something else.

You're making money, fine, just say it, more power to you, I really didn't think coins priced that high would sell in any quantity, but obviously the market is expanding to a new level.

TT, and anyone else that is reading this, if you paid that much for your coins you got hosed, plain and simple.

As a side note, I am still not for selling personal coins, and the coins that were referred to were not our personal coins, before any more misinformation is laid out thought I'd make that clear.

Helen and I appreciate you informing us of getting "hosed" but we feel we got the BEST DEAL anywhere!

Oakcoins bent over backwards to help us ... the design, the quality proofs, the sincere hands on follow up and no nonsense speed in getting them to us!

Also I want to THANK the two brothers for making our coin icon and the titling through gc.com possible!

We believe that these folks TRULY care about geocaching and are SUPER contributors to the concept and principals of what Jeremy has intended geocaching to mean.

Due to our exposure in geocaching with our 3 years of THANKING and replying to ALL logs of our mutual little pals (travel bugs) and items ... Oakcoins searched US out to offer their services as well as contributing merchandise to us!!

I think them "GIVING" to us was AWESOME and we feel that it's not HOW MUCH ... it's WHAT YOU GET for your money that makes the difference!

We have been approached by several vendors and we are HAPPY Oakcoins exists for our requests and services.

We will be ending this thread but creating a new one for those who are interested in purchasing ONE coin for their collection.

We totally appreciate ALL of your responses here in this thread and hope that we have not offended anyone ... our intention and hope is to do our best to make a difference in this FABULOUS game called GEOCACHING!

THANK YOU ... Tommy + Helen = 42 (GREAT years of marriage) - FIGHT ON!

One final thought for you. If you're paying $7.00 per coin - shop around next time. You can do MUCH better.

I am not going to debate pricing, but our pricing is very public, everyone knows it. We dont hide it.

When you order a few coins, the price is higher. You have 2 3D dies, the pricing is higer than a 2D. 2 Laser engrave numbers/letters, you are going to pay more. Add in Tracking and Icons. A quick pricing of 250 coins put it at just under $6.00 a coin.

You are right you can save money, 1 Laser Engrave, 2D Dies only, no tracking/icon, shinny nickel finish instead of an Antique Finish...

nielsenc

But it appears that there are at least 1000 of these being made... and with 2 3D dies, and 2 sets of engraving, and tracking w/icon that is only $4.68 a coin.

I agree with Hula Bum with regards to the not being up front about profiting from the coins in any manner.

But it appears that there are at least 1000 of these being made... and with 2 3D dies, and 2 sets of engraving, and tracking w/icon that is only $4.68 a coin.

I agree with Hula Bum with regards to the not being up front about profiting from the coins in any manner.

This assumes that 1000 were minted in one order. I believe the initial minting was much less. From what I've read in this thread, I think subsequent minting(s) were requested due to people asking to buy them. If you order in multiple small quantities, it's going to cost more per coin. I believe that is what's happening here. I've been wrong before though. :laughing:

--Marky

This assumes that 1000 were minted in one order. I believe the initial minting was much less. From what I've read in this thread, I think subsequent minting(s) were requested due to people asking to buy them. If you order in multiple small quantities, it's going to cost more per coin. I believe that is what's happening here. I've been wrong before though. :blink:

--Marky

Yes.

Lets say you only order 100 coins at a time, the cost per coin is much higher than an order of 1000.

Once again, it is as simple of going from 1000 - 100 on some of the online calculators to see the difference in price.

nielsenc

Edited by nielsenc

Jesus people....you either want the coin or you DON'T

What gives trying to work out who is making what money from the coin............

Maybe you should all cast your mind back to the Wyoming coin ????? Someone made a s*** load out of that coin.........

The end of my rant......Let TT get on with their lives and go caching instead of bleating on the forums.

TT you have a GREAT coin and i hope all the best for your sales and releasing into the wild.

In saying that your more than welcome to send some down to NZ, I'll release them here for you. (you have my email addy)

Coins don't tend to be stolen here as cachers downunder like to move them on.

THANK YOU for your kind words and understanding ... we have actually already released 100 into the "wilds" with hopes of reaching 1000 for ALL to enjoy.

The coin was designed by us but created by Oakcoins which makes this coin of VERY HIGH QUALITY ... e really appreciate Hans and Cristian Nielsen for their commitment and dedication to geocaching in representing what Jeremy intended it to be in his original vision ...

THANK YOU for GIVING and SHARING !!

Tommy + Helen = 42 - FIGHT ON!

I have a question not exactly relating to the coin, can you explain what you mean by "representing what Jeremy intended it to be in his original vision ..." ?

I'm a bit confused about what this means :blink:

Just stopping by to wish ALL a GOOD VETERAN'S DAY and THANK those who gave for our

FREEDOM!!

Also we appreciate all your orders on the coins ... we are GRATEFUL for your support!

We are running VERY LOW on available coins ... however we are expecting another bunch in a week or so.

Stop by for a visit and view of the coin at:

http://www.wient.com

All the best from Tommy Trojan, Helen of Troy and All the Trojan Travelers - FIGHT ON!

Tommy Trojan Geocoins - http://www.wient.com

Another thing to consider about the price is that TT is probably paying a royalty to USC. The University has many copyrights and I have heard they are very agressive in monitoring sales of unauthorized items, and stopping those violators. A royalty would add several dollars to the price. So consider the high price supporting a fine University and helping TT release many of these nice coins.

I guess I don't understand all this at all!! You either want the coin or you don't...plain and simple!! How many of you have had a coin made for $5.00??? I just had one made...it was much more than that...I guess I got hosed too!! ;)

AND...if you HAD one made for that cheap...why do you sell them for so much more??? :D You judge this great contributor for trying to do a noble thing??? WOW!!!! If you can't afford the coins, don't buy them...that simple!! How does TT profit from sending out 1000 coins into the wild??? I sure couldn't do it...I applaud these great people's efforts on a regular basis...EVERY time I find one of his TBs or coins (and that's quite often I must say, and I'm in Michigan!!). :D

Tommy, Helen...keep up the great work!!! I, for one appreciate everything you do and I love finding your coins and TBs running about in the wild!!! I hope those that gripe about your price don't persuade you to slow down or end your loosing all those great prizes into the cache world for us to enjoy!!! :D Any problems loosing TBs or coins in your area, send them out this way...I'll HAPPILY send them on their merry way!!

Another thing to consider about the price is that TT is probably paying a royalty to USC. The University has many copyrights and I have heard they are very agressive in monitoring sales of unauthorized items, and stopping those violators. A royalty would add several dollars to the price. So consider the high price supporting a fine University and helping TT release many of these nice coins.

What does USC have a copyright to here? If you are referring to the icon, I think that it is sufficiently different from the USC football helmets that it would be OK. Besides, copyright fees would make the coin cost more than this. ;)

I will bite. I am gonna buy one, though it seems that since I took a tommy Trojan travel bug all the way to Italy I should get a discount, don't you think?

But seriously I kind of don't think this should be a bash Nielsenc, bash Oak Coins thread. Tommy kindly in response to questions revealed his cost on the coin and no one but he and the Oak Coin gang have any idea what went into those costs.

He provided information as an explaination and it was then used to bash Oak Coins, come on. How is that fair?

And yes we are competitiors but also friends!

;)

Edited by southbayday

. . . what's with the agreement not to resell? I would not resell the coin if I were to buy it but I'm not making any silly agreements either.

Agreed

If you wish to control your coins, activate them all on your own account (like Moun10Bike)

Then they are yours, and you can specify how they are to be treated

(note that Moun10Bike does NOT sell the coins)

If you are going to sell them, ownership (and control) passes to the buyer

They may then do as they please with the coin, include sell, trade, barter, etc

You can't have your cake and eat it too

According to a post on the SCG board he CAN have it and eat it. Apparently the edge of the coin says "Property of Tommy Trojan" ( either that or it was a gag post ).

. . . what's with the agreement not to resell? I would not resell the coin if I were to buy it but I'm not making any silly agreements either.

Agreed

If you wish to control your coins, activate them all on your own account (like Moun10Bike)

Then they are yours, and you can specify how they are to be treated

(note that Moun10Bike does NOT sell the coins)

If you are going to sell them, ownership (and control) passes to the buyer

They may then do as they please with the coin, include sell, trade, barter, etc

You can't have your cake and eat it too

According to a post on the SCG board he CAN have it and eat it. Apparently the edge of the coin says "Property of Tommy Trojan" ( either that or it was a gag post ).

That wasn't a gag. It is there one the edge! :P

just ordered my coin. found one of the Trojan caches when I was on a run out to california. was a great find.

and just the other day. what did I find in a cache. a travel bug that was about the xxx mark. this way to coool.

had to go back and find the log to re-edit this post. the tb that I found was.

cut and pasted from the tb page follows.

TBKQ26

This official coin represents our 600+ travel bug tag and coins.

it was a great honor to me to move this TB along to more caches. and it will be an even greater honor to own a Trojan coin.

TG

Edited by TruckerGeorge

What does USC have a copyright to here? If you are referring to the icon, I think that it is sufficiently different from the USC football helmets that it would be OK. Besides, copyright fees would make the coin cost more than this. :)

tt_icon_vs_usc_helmet.jpg

nooks is correct! :)

I was the artist involved (through Oakcoins.com) in creating this coin and was instructed by TT to NOT use anything that could be considered copyrightable.

Nothing at all is anywhere questionable to being copyright infringement. :mad:

If so, please correct me.

To save you some time in looking it up, here's the reference I used from USC itself to make sure we were not crossing any boundries.

USC Graphics Identity Program/Products

Have a nice day! :lol:

D-man :lol:

Edited by gridlox

:laughing: It's great that you will be releasing all those coins to travel but why would you expect the people who purchase this coin to finance that venture? If you want to release these coins into the 'wild' you should pay for those yourself. I have purchased several coins which I sent to travel and I purchased all of them myself and set them free. As is always the case, you are making the coin and you can do with it as you wish but I'm just putting in my $.02 as to why I won't be buying it even though I like it and would like to have it. I personally don't feel good encouraging people who charge too much money for their coins. You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not dissing the coin at all or even you for that matter and I am sure you will sell lots, it just won't be to me. :anitongue:

I don't think it is very appropriate to accuse Tommy Trojan of trying to Finance his venture by selling this coin. First he is offering them for sale because people keep asking him. Second take a lot at Tommy Trojan Profile You will see that they own 675 travel bugs. Take a min to do the math on that. not sure what it cost them to buy them but if they were $5 each that is $3,375. So Honestly I think I would encourage people to buy a coin to show thier support for some people that have given so to Geocaching.

SO SUPPORT GEOCACHING! SUPPORT TOMMY TROJAN

FIGHT ON!

ORDER NOW CLICK HERE!

BTW it looks like the price has gone up to $15. I REALLY hope this is in response to all the people in this post that did not like the price. I am going to order one right now. THANKS TOMMY TROJAN for doing this coin and all your other significant contributions to geocaching. :laughing:

BTW it looks like the price has gone up to $15. I REALLY hope this is in response to all the people in this post that did not like the price. I am going to order one right now. THANKS TOMMY TROJAN for doing this coin and all your other significant contributions to geocaching. :laughing:

Maybe it's to cover the cost of ...

"Receive one of our magnetic signature cards with your purchase!" :anitongue:

Why is it not appropriate? He is financing something, or getting back what he spent on TB's. Whatever, $15 is an extreme price for a coin. Sure he's put out 675 bugs, that's very giving, but selling his coin at this price is not.

With 91 finds and 29 hides, where do you put all those bugs? That's over 6 bugs per cache!

Edited by Hula Bum

I asked a lawyer geocacher friend of mine. By law if he sells his coin at what ever price it belongs to you to do with what you want. He cant tell you that it cant be resold, or what to do with it. Just a quick FYI folks.

Also $13 pushed it to far, $10 is a high end coin, If a coin is newly out for more then $10 its a scam. $10 a coin is about the right price for any coin if you ask me. You get what you pay for.

PrinceShoko

I asked a lawyer geocacher friend of mine. By law if he sells his coin at what ever price it belongs to you to do with what you want. He cant tell you that it cant be resold, or what to do with it. Just a quick FYI folks.

Also $13 pushed it to far, $10 is a high end coin, If a coin is newly out for more then $10 its a scam. $10 a coin is about the right price for any coin if you ask me. You get what you pay for.

PrinceShoko

"A SCAM"? My understanding is that a scam is where you promise one thing and deliver another. I purchased one of these coins for $13 and got what was promised, promptly. I think to make this accusation is horrible and should be retracted.

Is the price high? Yes!

Would I pay $15 for the coin? No!

There is another coin that is being offered for $18 including shipping. That person has been vague about what the funds are going to be used for, but they don't have to explain how they are using the proceeds. If they offer a coin for a price and then deliver the coin it is not a scam. It may be overpriced.

For this or any other coin just vote with your pocketbook. If you don't like the price you don't have to buy it. There is no rule about how much you can charge. Honestly this is economics 101 we the buyers have all the power here. If we quite buying expensive coins people will both quit making and selling expensive coins or will lower the price.

I think it is fair to say if you think the price is to high, it provides good feedback, but to make personal attacks is unwarrented and against the forum guidelines.

:huh: It's great that you will be releasing all those coins to travel but why would you expect the people who purchase this coin to finance that venture? If you want to release these coins into the 'wild' you should pay for those yourself. I have purchased several coins which I sent to travel and I purchased all of them myself and set them free. As is always the case, you are making the coin and you can do with it as you wish but I'm just putting in my $.02 as to why I won't be buying it even though I like it and would like to have it. I personally don't feel good encouraging people who charge too much money for their coins. You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not dissing the coin at all or even you for that matter and I am sure you will sell lots, it just won't be to me. :laughing:

I don't think it is very appropriate to accuse Tommy Trojan of trying to Finance his venture by selling this coin. First he is offering them for sale because people keep asking him. Second take a lot at Tommy Trojan Profile You will see that they own 675 travel bugs. Take a min to do the math on that. not sure what it cost them to buy them but if they were $5 each that is $3,375. So Honestly I think I would encourage people to buy a coin to show thier support for some people that have given so to Geocaching.

SO SUPPORT GEOCACHING! SUPPORT TOMMY TROJAN

FIGHT ON!

ORDER NOW CLICK HERE!

BTW it looks like the price has gone up to $15. I REALLY hope this is in response to all the people in this post that did not like the price. I am going to order one right now. THANKS TOMMY TROJAN for doing this coin and all your other significant contributions to geocaching. :cry:

Hello folks ... just caught up with the new replies!

Helen and I truly and sincerely THANK ALL OF YOU ... yes the good and the not so good replies ... we appreciate you taking your time to express your feelings ... that is why we live in the GREATEST COUNTRY in the world ... our freedom of speech is PRICELESS.

It is not always what we want to hear ... but it is YOUR thoughts ... WE RESPECT YOUR VIEWS!

First and foremost ... we THANK all of you that have moved our travel bugs and coins ... as we have stated ... due to our inability to actually cache like most of you, our next best way to contribute is to do our best to put SMILES on the faces of CHILDREN, FAMILIES and NEW CACHERS ... try to create a POSITIVE impact in their adventures ... through the logs of our mutual little items and coins!!

We hope to place 700 tags before ending with new travel bug tags ... we don't feel we can do a proper job in keeping track of any more than 700 ... we do try to reissue those MIA on a monthly basis and have been proud to say that all but 100 stay in circulation ... so it's really not that we have purchased 700 but that we have kept most in circulation ... some have been replaced 7 times!

Currently we have close to 100 coins (remember our goal is 1000) in the wilds for ALL to enjoy ... you good folks have shown your appreciation by caring and MOVING all of them ... so far, no losses!! THANK YOU!

The original PCxxx codes ICON for some mystical reason has disappeared from gc.com ... we have an inquiry and request to fix the glitch created by them ... they have not replied as of this moment.

-------------------------------------------------

I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS OUR COIN ... THE PRICE, THE THEME AND THE PRINTED TEXT ON THE EDGE.

------------------------------------------------

Originally we had no desire or thoughts of SELLING any coins ... our desire is to place 1000 into the wilds.

Due to the request of collectors, supporters who have moved our items for almost 3 years, and gift givers, we were asked by THEM if a purchase could be made ... thus our reasoning for ONLY ONE per person.

**The agreement of NOT FOR RESALE ... is a "word" agreement in which we only hope will stand. Our reasoning for this is to try and eliminate eBay sellers making a large profit from our sale.

We have donated only ONE coin to a group ... a group that Helen and I are very fond of ... there was an auction for the coin to help the group ... it brought $50.01

That alarmed us as to reselling ... so therefore we ask owners of the coin NOT to resell and request their agreement or word to comply.

The verbiage on the edge is to request folks to NOT KEEP the coin, but MOVE it for all to enjoy ... yes it is the original property of Tommy Trojan, but we have no intention of doing anything to anyone ... remember, we are in this game for the GOOD of GIVING & SHARING ... nothing else.

--------------------------

THE THEME of the coin ... yes we did ask the designer NOT to use anything relating to the University of Southern California ... to which he graciously has stated in this thread.

There is no violation of any copyright on the coin.

The names used are Helen and my username ... the helmet is from the historical period in the which Trojan Warriors used as part of their armor during the 10 year war with Greeks in the land of Troy.

The back of the coin is symbolic of geocaching as well as the tracking information.

FIGHT ON! is the battle cry of our mission to carry on with the GOODNESS of what Jeremy and staff strive to have and do.

-------------------------

The price of the coin is what we so choose ... originally it was $10 plus shipping, we then found shipping worldwide and the packing materials were pretty costly, so we decided on $13 which included all shipping and handling.

We are now asking $15 because of our preparation and time.

We also feel it is okay if you choose not to buy one ... but please keep in mind that if really wasn't designed for everyone nor for profit ... but we would be HONORED if you wanted one for your collection ... or you would like to give one as a gift!!

---------------

FINALLY ... we want to THANK Oakcoins for their help and PRICELESS SUPPORT, GRIDLOX for helping us design and making this possible, and most importantly ... WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR INCREDIBLE SUPPORT, not only here on this forum but for MOVING our items in the field!!

YOU make Helen and I feel like we are there with you!!!!

SINCERELY, Tommy + Helen = 42 wonderful years of marriage - FIGHT ON!

I didnt mean scam as you think i did, I mean it as in well heck i dont even remember now, i was tired. I would personaly spend $20 on this coin, its a lovely coin.

Im just saying there are people who do this for the love and take a small to no profit or loss, and then there are some who make money.

My first coin I took a big loss, it was fun! My 2nd coin coming out is going to be minimul profit to help with shipping supplys.

THIS COIN: Is a profit coin, I can not blame them. Its a lovely coin, and it takes time, work, and energy to make a coin happen.

I simply posted to say that once you buy a coin its yours to do with what you want. There can be no terms placed on a item for sale.

This has turned into drama and im sure its not what tommy wants. I think this thread should be closed, and people should either buy the coin or not, not b*tch about the price of the coin.

PrinceShoko

Why is it not appropriate? He is financing something, or getting back what he spent on TB's. Whatever, $15 is an extreme price for a coin. Sure he's put out 675 bugs, that's very giving, but selling his coin at this price is not.

With 91 finds and 29 hides, where do you put all those bugs? That's over 6 bugs per cache!

He has spent thousands of $$ on Travel bugs and now he wants to release 1000 traveling geocoins. Guess what I am pretty sure he is gonna be investing thousands more $$$ when this is done. Even at $15 each you have to sell a ton of geocoins to be able to release 1000 activated geocoins into circulation. This is gonna be a money losing venture

As far as the 91 finds and 29 hides... I can't answer to that but perhaps Tommy trojan has choosen to spend his time on bugs because he is not physically able to cache as much as the rest of us. Or perhaps that is just how he is having fun tracking his travelers and is more interested in that than finding boxes in the woods. It seems irrelevent why he has more bugs than finds.

I just find it suprising that people are so quite to critize someone who has invested thousands of dollars in geocaching. I wonder how much $$ these people that were quick to critize the price have contributed to geocaching.

Then of course there is the old argument "if buyers quite buying the higher price coins the sellers will stop selling high priced coins"

But guess what.... from what I can see the buyers are still buying... and of course the complainers are still complaining..... Honestly I wondered if the complainers are ever buyers or just always complainers

So SUPPORT GEOCACHING! SUPPORT TOMMY TROJAN AND ALL HE HAS DONE and DOING FOR GEOCACHING!

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR GEOCOIN TODAY!

But guess what.... from what I can see the buyers are still buying... and of course the complainers are still complaining..... Honestly I wondered if the complainers are ever buyers or just always complainers

So SUPPORT GEOCACHING! SUPPORT TOMMY TROJAN AND ALL HE HAS DONE and DOING FOR GEOCACHING!

Most of us "complainers" ARE collectors. We buy, trade and sell just like everybody else. Maybe we're the vocal minority, but whatever.

By your logic quoted above, we should all pay for new coins for Moun10Bike then, right? Look at all he has done for caching and for coins in particular.

I think it's great that they (TT) were willing to put out 675 TBs and want to do 1,000 traveling coins. I think it's ridiculous for us to pay for it.

(removed obnoxious font size from quote)

I've said all along to vote with our pocketbooks. I hope someday it catches on.

He has spent thousands of $$ on Travel bugs and now he wants to release 1000 traveling geocoins. Guess what I am pretty sure he is gonna be investing thousands more $$$ when this is done. Even at $15 each you have to sell a ton of geocoins to be able to release 1000 activated geocoins into circulation. This is gonna be a money losing venture

As far as the 91 finds and 29 hides... I can't answer to that but perhaps Tommy trojan has choosen to spend his time on bugs because he is not physically able to cache as much as the rest of us. Or perhaps that is just how he is having fun tracking his travelers and is more interested in that than finding boxes in the woods. It seems irrelevent why he has more bugs than finds.

I just find it suprising that people are so quite to critize someone who has invested thousands of dollars in geocaching. I wonder how much $$ these people that were quick to critize the price have contributed to geocaching.

Then of course there is the old argument "if buyers quite buying the higher price coins the sellers will stop selling high priced coins"

Hmm . . . I think I gotta go and post another coin to the forums so people can keep complaining about it and then bump my thread to the top so that more people will buy my coin. Watch for that post soon! The PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Come and complain about it.

I have a my TT geocoin and it is fantastic! The size the weight and colors are all perfect! Thanks uncle T

Mike

You are very welcome for the TB move - it was my pleasure.

TT - Once again, you have my respect (for what it's worth) for being able to calmly answer questions in a mature manure. That's rare on these boards.

Good luck with your effort. If I come across one in a cache, I'll gladly move it along for ya.

Nielsenc - I don't surf - get your facts straight.

1) It's called sarcasm, look it up

2) Even if it weren't, at least it's out in the open and not being hidden, eh?

I agree with SBD - quit buying the expensive coins and people will quit pricing them so high.

Sunshine Gang - why did you post the link to the coin? Are you getting a cut of the profit? :unsure:

I posted the link to show my support for tommy trojan. I will not make a single penny or benefit in any other way if you click on the link below and order a coin TODAY!

TOMMY TROJAN GEOCOINS!

CLICK HERE to SUPPORT GEOCACHING!

CLICK HERE TO FIGHT ON!

I stop watching this thread for a few days and it gets juicier!! You "whiners" are comical to watch...wonder where I put my popcorn!! The comments about the "scam" and the "price gouging" are fun to watch!

When it finally becomes illegal to profit from your own creation, TT will be in jail right beside me and most of the posters to this thread!! I, for one, see this "profiting" to be going to a good cause...and probably NOT a profit at all, more like a charitable contribution!! Your complaints sound like you are griping about his price even though most (if not all) of the proceeds are going to go right back into the cache community...tell me, when you GIVE to those bell ringers or any other CHARITY, do you complain when they turn around and put that money to good use?? (I know...apples to apples...)

Many of those arguing about the price seem to have bought one of these coins too!! A "bash the seller" and then "pass the product this way" mentality??? Seems like TT isn't the ONLY one that can have it both ways!!

Keep up the great work Tommy, Helen and the TT crew...I for one LOVE your dedication!! Strange how those who are benefiting from your gracious work gripe the most!!

edit to add.....At least with this coin, you know where the money is going...there are some coins out there that SAY they are funding a good cause...but where is the proof in that??? The proof lies in the actions of this cacher...Tommy IS contributing!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Who cares if TT is making a profit on the coin, he probably has spent ten grand in TB tags from GC.com and has given so much of his time to Geocaching. Can you even imagine the amount of email those TB's generate and he emails everyone who picks up his bugs personally thanking you for picking them up.

If you want the coin, buy it...

If you buy anything TV, PC, GPS they make a profit on you. Let it go dude!

I bought one of TT's coins, it is beautiful and worth every cent. Stay out of a fast food restaraunt this week and buy your self a nice coin.

Altigenman

TT, and anyone else that is reading this, if you paid that much for your coins you got hosed, plain and simple.

PrinceShoko

I would agree that purchasing the coin without a signed contract there is will be no legal recourse for Tommy to go after any person that sells this coin. However I would compare what tommy is doing to a "verbal contract". Will this "contract" stand up in court? No, But that does not mean it is morally okay to sell the coin....

Also keep in mind if someone does sell the coin and thier identity is know thier name will be MUD here in the forums. Now for some people that might be enough to keep them honest

Get your Tommy Trojan Geocoin today CLICK HERE

If you plan to resell this coin, why would you even bother to buy it in the first place??? Maybe to profit from someone else's idea?? Maybe to make a point that, although you AGREED to the terms set forth by TT, you decided to just turn your back to said terms and do what you want because you disagree now?? A person's word is his character!! I would think that someone that would buy a coin knowing they were just going to turn around and sell it or trade it (against the wishes of the person who made this possible) has little moral standards and isn't very trustworthy!! (mho) :unsure:

MUD??? Maybe not...but probably not high on a list of trustable characters either!!

Is this line of conversation even on the topic?? I thought the topic was the great TT coin, his desire to share it with others WILLING to buy it (yes, at whatever cost deemed) and your bashing him for that! Come on...bash some more...this is sooo entertaining!!! :blink:

Now, I'm late to list some of my B'Day gifts on the "E" site...I can make sooo much more for these items there than enjoy them as intended by the giver!!