TOMMY TROJAN GEOCOINS - NOW AVAILABLE

Tommy Trojan

We are EXCITED ... now offering ONE geocoin per person to collectors with the agreement not to resell.

$13 which does include shipping and handling!

If you are interested ... visit us at www.wient.com

THANKS for ALL of your support!!

Tommy + Helen = 42! - FIGHT ON!

Love the coin, and it means a bit more since we've held a travel bug or two of yours. Would you be interested in trading?

what's with the agreement not to resell? I would not resell the coin if I were to buy it but I'm not making any silly agreements either. Where does this stuff come from? It's a coin for goodness sake!

I'm curious as to how they would enforce such an agreement. If someone were to buy a coin and then sell it on the e place.

Windrose

Very nice coin and one every Trojan will want.

Price is somewhat high, but he has already released 50 of them as Travelers (pun intended) along with many other coins and bugs. So, consider part of the price will help pay for all of the coins released and shared with many other cachers.

Traveler Fight On.

. . . what's with the agreement not to resell? I would not resell the coin if I were to buy it but I'm not making any silly agreements either.

Agreed

If you wish to control your coins, activate them all on your own account (like Moun10Bike)

Then they are yours, and you can specify how they are to be treated

(note that Moun10Bike does NOT sell the coins)

If you are going to sell them, ownership (and control) passes to the buyer

They may then do as they please with the coin, include sell, trade, barter, etc

You can't have your cake and eat it too

I really like the coin but #1 the price is too steep and #2 what's with the agreement not to resell? I would not resell the coin if I were to buy it but I'm not making any silly agreements either. Where does this stuff come from? It's a coin for goodness sake!

This is kinda how I feel.

But if you would like to trade with me then I would promise to never resell your coin.

Will you be doing and trades.

Team Sand Dollar

(and Buffalo Wings)

THANK YOU for your interest ... we hope to put 1000 into the "wilds" for ALL to enjoy and because of collectors asking to purchase one ... we have decided to make the offer ... unfortunately we do not trade.

All the best from Tommy Trojan, Helen of Troy and All the Trojan Travelers - FIGHT ON!

Tommy Trojan Geocoins - http://www.wient.com

Very nice coin and one every Trojan will want.

Price is somewhat high, but he has already released 50 of them as Travelers (pun intended) along with many other coins and bugs. So, consider part of the price will help pay for all of the coins released and shared with many other cachers.

Traveler Fight On.

THANK YOU for your kind words and understanding ... we have actually already released 100 into the "wilds" with hopes of reaching 1000 for ALL to enjoy.

The coin was designed by us but created by Oakcoins which makes this coin of VERY HIGH QUALITY ... e really appreciate Hans and Cristian Nielsen for their commitment and dedication to geocaching in representing what Jeremy intended it to be in his original vision ...

THANK YOU for GIVING and SHARING !!

Tommy + Helen = 42 - FIGHT ON!

After carrying your TB white shoes sam half way round the world I would LOVE to add one of your coins to my collection.

Have already paypaled you.

Cheers Michael

THANK YOU Michael ... we apprelciate YOU and your GLORIOUS support !!!

All the BEST with all our heart,

Tommy Trojan, Helen of Troy and All the Trojan Travelers - FIGHT ON!

What size is the coin, how thick is it and what makes it worth 13.00?

I've held one, and I remember it to be 1.5" and about 3.5mm, at most. Fairly small, FYI. But remember, this is from my memory :unsure:

THANK YOU for your input ... our coin is the same size as the USA Geocoins

All the BEST with all our heart,

Tommy Trojan, Helen of Troy and All the Trojan Travelers - FIGHT ON!

I know when you deal with Oakcoins you pay alot more,,

BUT.. there is excellent quality there...

$12 NO PROBLEM...

its a $10 coin + $2 shipping

chill out u cheapies

When I did my coins, Oak Coins was no more expensive than the 5 other estimates I got. And they gave me 300 pins.

And they are asking $13, not $12.

Which by saying this, I'm no way dissing the coin! It is a lovely coin, that I just can't afford!

Edited by MustangJoni

I have a Idea

What if People buy one you could send them two

1 would be new unactivated

1 would be activated by tommy and the name of the coin could have the cachers that purchased the other coin

(SlabyFam's TommyTrojan) (TommyTrojan SlabyFam)

That way you could have coins released all over the place and still retain ownership. I think then People would be interested in spending $13

Just a thought!

SlabyFam

Edited by SlabyFam

I have a Idea

What if People buy one you could send them two

1 would be new unactivated

1 would be activated by tommy and the name of the coin could have the cachers that purchased the other coin

(SlabyFam's TommyTrojan) (TommyTrojan SlabyFam)

That way you could have coins released all over the place and still retain ownership. I think then People would be interested in spending $13

Just a thought!

SlabyFam

THANK YOU for your thoughts as well as your VALUED and CONTINUAL support of our mutual little friends and items!!

Our mission is to release 1000 coins into the wilds for ALL to enjoy as we have released 675 travel bug tags so we don't feel it is necessary to name the coins after others ... i.e. Tommy Trojan Geocoin SlabyFam.

We have and do DEDICATE coins to those who have helped us and shown dedication and commitment to geocaching and for what it stands.

THANK YOU for your interest ... Tommy + Helen = 42 - FIGHT ON!

So, you are planning on minting 1000 of these?

THANKS again for your interest ... we originally thought of 1000 until we started receiving so many requests for purchases, we have decided to do our best to keep coins available for those who want to purchase, yet get out the 1000 into circulation for ALL.

Our guess is that is will be closer to 2000 minted due to purchases.

We are more interested in circulating the GIVING & SHARING concept for geocachers and putting coins into the "wilds", versus the actual value due to minted numbers.

We would like to extend our APPRECIATION to Hans and Christian Nielsen of Oakcoins.com and Geoswag.com ... for their INCREDIBLE SERVICE and care that they have shown to us as well as their other customers.

We are not sure about price comparing ... but we are VERY SURE of the quality they provide and true concern for cachers with their produced products.

Price alone is not the answer nor do we feel it is a good gage, in this WONDERFUL game, it's not the cointributiont, but the intention of GIVING and SHARING ... that is what brings to us, the REWARDS from KIDS, FAMILIES, NEW CACHERS and GREAT folks logging our items ... WE ARE VERY GRATEFUL!!

It is so REFRESHING to experience this concept ... and the best part is that we can remain anonymous.

We receive between 150-250 POSITIVE emails daily to which we reply to ALL ... the rewards we have experienced in AMAZING and we do our best to THANK all of you and Jeremy for making this happen!!

:huh: It's great that you will be releasing all those coins to travel but why would you expect the people who purchase this coin to finance that venture? If you want to release these coins into the 'wild' you should pay for those yourself. I have purchased several coins which I sent to travel and I purchased all of them myself and set them free. As is always the case, you are making the coin and you can do with it as you wish but I'm just putting in my $.02 as to why I won't be buying it even though I like it and would like to have it. I personally don't feel good encouraging people who charge too much money for their coins. You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not dissing the coin at all or even you for that matter and I am sure you will sell lots, it just won't be to me. :huh:

Well that makes more sense, you need to purchase 2000 so you sell 1000. I have one of your coins, which are very well done, I must say. I couldn't figure out the $13. Now it's more clear. Thanks

THANK Y O U for your GREAT support and help!!

As a side note - we did offer one to a state user group and it brought $50.01 at their auction, so we feel that $10 (we have to purchase packaging, postage, labels and enclose a magnetic sig card) is a bargain and we are pleased you think the same and are HAPPY with the coin!

When we first thought of creating a coin, we had not intention of asking anyone to help us pay for them ... just like the 675 travel bug tags, but we would GLADLY accept donations if you hear of anyone (smile)

The ONLY reason we decided to offer this sale is because of the requests of collectors who asked us to purchase one ... we also do not trade ... we are not trying to make money nor overcharge ... that is why we only offer ONE per.

We are THANKFUL for a GREAT following and positive recognition from many, which may explain why we have been selling the coins recently at a rate of 20 per day.

IF folks would like to purchase one ... then it is available ... no strings attached ... we also understand that not all cachers are interested ... we respect them.

:huh: It's great that you will be releasing all those coins to travel but why would you expect the people who purchase this coin to finance that venture? If you want to release these coins into the 'wild' you should pay for those yourself. I have purchased several coins which I sent to travel and I purchased all of them myself and set them free. As is always the case, you are making the coin and you can do with it as you wish but I'm just putting in my $.02 as to why I won't be buying it even though I like it and would like to have it. I personally don't feel good encouraging people who charge too much money for their coins. You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not dissing the coin at all or even you for that matter and I am sure you will sell lots, it just won't be to me. :huh:

We AGREE with YOU ... our statement about donations was a "JUST KIDDING" ... we would in no way except or expect any hand outs ... shucks, our intention is to contribute to geocaching, not take from it or from any cacher.

We, due to requests, are offering a coin ... simple as that.

THANK YOU for your input and I do understand and agree with you in your thoughts.

I appreciate the fact that you are responding to each request politely and keeping calm. Kudos to you on that.

BUT, to say that you are not overcharging or having other people finance your coins is a bit insulting. Most of the people on these boards have made coins at this point, and are familiar with what they cost. Heck, many have used Oakcoins as well so they have a good idea of the pricing. There's no way to say that they are THAT much more expensive than other coin manufacturers.

Bottom line: Most people on these boards have others finance thier personal coins by selling them. You're having people finance your personal coins by selling them - and deciding to use those funds to release other coins. No different in my book - I don't care for either model BUT you, as well as others, can do what they wish.

If you're getting 20 orders per day at that price - more power to you. Apparently, we're the minority here that think the price isn't justified.

Bottom line: Most people on these boards have others finance thier personal coins by selling them. You're having people finance your personal coins by selling them - and deciding to use those funds to release other coins. No different in my book - I don't care for either model BUT you, as well as others, can do what they wish.

Wasnt it your wife who posted she was going to sell the extra special dog coins on ebay to finance your surfboard? How is that any different, TT stated the extra $$ will go back into Coins and TravelBugs and she stated your profiteering will go to your surfboard?

Or are we going beyond the scope of this thread?

nielsenc

I appreciate the fact that you are responding to each request politely and keeping calm. Kudos to you on that.

BUT, to say that you are not overcharging or having other people finance your coins is a bit insulting. Most of the people on these boards have made coins at this point, and are familiar with what they cost. Heck, many have used Oakcoins as well so they have a good idea of the pricing. There's no way to say that they are THAT much more expensive than other coin manufacturers.

If you're getting 20 orders per day at that price - more power to you. Apparently, we're the minority here that think the price isn't justified.

GREAT STUFF ... THANKS for putting in your thoughts.

We are not going to get into a fire fight about Tommy & Helen making a bunch of money selling coins nor are we trying to justify any defraying of the costs ... we think our record stands pretty tall on what we contribute to geocaching.

We are not looking for any credit as we attend NO events, gatherings or meeting ... because Helen and I believe our contributions and oferings are NOT ABOUT US ... it is about KIDS, FAMILIES and NEW CACHERS ... with our hope that we can do something POSITIVE to put a smile of their faces and a GOOD NEWS light from the creators of geocaching.com

Our ONLY reason for selling ONE coin to those who choose to purchase one ... is because of repeated requests in doing so.

The cost was based on what we felt was fair ... $10 for the coin that cost us near $7 is what we decided to charge.

If coin purchasers want to sell their coins at no profit (which really means a loss). then I have no problem with that ... we feel $13, less paypal charges, less supplies and postage ... is good.

Many other folks which have purchased the coin obviously agree.

This most likely will be the end of discussion on our coins ... other than the link in which folks may choose to purchase.

THANK YOU and ALL supporters!!

** THANK YOU for moving our travel bug (one of 675), back in September, LOVELY LIPS LOUISE!

You are very welcome for the TB move - it was my pleasure.

One final thought for you. If you're paying $7.00 per coin - shop around next time. You can do MUCH better.

TT - Once again, you have my respect (for what it's worth) for being able to calmly answer questions in a mature manure. That's rare on these boards.

Good luck with your effort. If I come across one in a cache, I'll gladly move it along for ya.

Nielsenc - I don't surf - get your facts straight.

1) It's called sarcasm, look it up

2) Even if it weren't, at least it's out in the open and not being hidden, eh?

Okay, I'm convinced! I'm buying one of these on payday!

Not only do I think it is a beautiful coin, I truly appreciate the grace and charm of Mr. & Mrs Trojan! In addition to that, I feel that by purchasing a coin, it will help with their plan to release 1000 coins. Who benefits from that? We all do!

Edited by MustangJoni

See Nielsenc, once AGAIN you just don't get it. The point is not whether or not they are making a profit, it's the pretending not to that is the issue. Albeit sarcastic I didn't try to play it off like anything else, not to "better the community", "cover costs", "put coins in the wild", it was quite clear. It's just amazing that people think they can play it off like something else.

You're making money, fine, just say it, more power to you, I really didn't think coins priced that high would sell in any quantity, but obviously the market is expanding to a new level.

TT, and anyone else that is reading this, if you paid that much for your coins you got hosed, plain and simple.

As a side note, I am still not for selling personal coins, and the coins that were referred to were not our personal coins, before any more misinformation is laid out thought I'd make that clear.