Support your local Reviewer

El Diablo

Could you clearify a point for us....

Does every mention of the reviewers name cast them a ballot OR does each cacher mentioned get ONE ballot. :huh:

Yeah, I'm kinda curious on this one too. Does it help if everyone "votes" for their favorite, or is it like I read in the first post just going to be a name out of hat based on if their name was mentioned? Just in case the votes count, I'm so putting in Surfer Joe again.

Celticwulf

Does every mention of the reviewers name cast them a ballot OR does each cacher mentioned get ONE ballot. :huh:

Each Reviewer mention gets one ballot. Not a ballot for each time they are mentioned. This is the fairst way I know to conduct the contest.

El Diablo

Each Reviewer mention gets one ballot. Not a ballot for each time they are mentioned. This is the fairst way I know to conduct the contest.

El Diablo

Thanks for the clarification. That's the way I thought you were doing it too, but was getting confused by all of the extra votes from people. :huh:

Great looking staves, here's hoping my local reviewer wins so I can check it out more in detail at an event sometime!

Celticwulf

Edited by Celticwulf
Sorry for the delay in replying, but I was in Pittsburgh for the past 3 days ona consulting job and just returned home recently. I nominate Quiggle, who selflessly serves Maryland geocachers with grace and good humor and great tolerance.

And anyone who has read Vinny's cache pages knows I deserve that hiking staff, too!! :huh:

El Diablo

All the reviewers on the team are way cool, but

from the inside looking out Prime Reviewer would be my choice he does so much for the sport that most people do not know about, the quite silent type

and yes I know that you only need to post one time for the drawing, but did it anyway

Max Cacher

Geocaching.com Volunteer Cache Reviewer // Moderator

We 2nd Erik88l-r (he covers more real estate than the rest of the reviewers combined).

Add my vote to Erik88l-r.

Us, too! Erik88l-r and Crow T Robot both do a great job of covering Alaska. Plus, the four-hour time difference means we can wake up to newly approved caches or have them go live in time to get us out of the office on time in the afternoon.

He approved my first cache in a matter of hours!! Cache on!

Hours??? Heck, minutes!!!

Edited by Ladybug Kids

I wasn't going to do this until ion the morning, but my wife reminded me that I have a doctors appointment in the morning that may take awhile. Also it looks like all the nominees are in.

I wish I could give a staff to every Reviewer out there. Everyone of you deserve to win. You have all seen the public posts here, but you haven't seen the emails that I've received trying to sway me into giving the staff to their well deserving Reviewer. Those emails numbered into the dozens. I hope this thread has relayed from all of us our appreciation for what you do, and how well you are all thought of.

I let my wife do the drawing so there would be no bias on my part.

3fa9e869-c04a-420e-8ea1-c8a836f5a686.jpg

The winner is!!!

a491a4f4-695b-478c-9c0f-c0e61feb26c9.jpg

Congratulations to erik88l-r! He is a Reviewer from GA, and is one of the very first people to take on this responsibility. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago. As you can tell from the posts made here he is very well thought of and covers a lot of territory. When my wife handed me the slip of paper with his name on it I knew the staff went to a very deserving person.

Thanks everyone for making this one of the nicest threads in recent history. :blink:

El Diablo

This is really very cool. :blink:

I was very surprised and pleased to win, but more pleased to see all the positive comments expressed for all the reviewers. I've met many of the reviewers and they're all great folks who deserve and appreciate the recognition. On behalf of all the reviewers I thank El Diablo for doing this, and thank all who posted for doing so. I've enjoyed reading all the enthusiastic postings, and only wish all reviewers could share the hiking staff.

(but I'll keep it, thank you very much)

THANKS!

~erik~

I reached a licensing agreement with Groundspeak this week to use Signal on a hiking staff. So I made 2 of them and thought I would give one away to a local Reviewer in appreciation for all they do.

So if you want to show how much you support them all you have to do is mention their name here, and at the end of the week (Friday) I'll do a random drawing and send them this with his or her name on it.

e42d72dd-1009-4e8d-8bf3-b4ce4966d8f8.jpg

El Diablo

i WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT rOADrUNNER IN nEVADA IS A TIRELESS SUPPORTER AND NOT ONLY DOES HE REVIEW THEM BUT ATTENDS THE EVENTS, CACHE OUTINGS, CITO EVENTS AND SUPPORTS CACHERS WITH THEIR GOALS AND IS AN ALL AROUND CAACHING MENTOR.

i VOTE THAT HE GETS THE NEW HIKING STAFF!!! :blink: