Dream gpsr

I think i'd want to have a 3d hologram so i could actually see where i am on a deatiled model of the town or mountain with all the building and everything. That could be very useful.

I would NOT want to have unlimited accuracy... just think, geocaching would be BORING! It will be a sad day when geocaching becomes that easy

Mind interface. Sort of like bluetooth, only no earpiece.

Just think, your brain just knows the area to go, how accurate to expect, how long it will take to reach, how fast your going, what road your on and where it goes, all in your minds eye.

You tease. You know your Lowrance already has this. Just press Menu, Menu, delete all waypoints, hit the find key two times quickly to find the easter-egg menu, then hit exit, re-calibrate the compass, menu, menu, turn backlight on, then turn backlight off, turn the receiver around, open the antenna cover, and press the mind interface button.

You aren't fooling anyone.

Mind interface. Sort of like bluetooth, only no earpiece.

Just think, your brain just knows the area to go, how accurate to expect, how long it will take to reach, how fast your going, what road your on and where it goes, all in your minds eye.

You tease. You know your Lowrance already has this. Just press Menu, Menu, delete all waypoints, hit the find key two times quickly to find the easter-egg menu, then hit exit, re-calibrate the compass, menu, menu, turn backlight on, then turn backlight off, turn the receiver around, open the antenna cover, and press the mind interface button.

You aren't fooling anyone.

:blink: How'd you guess. :laughing:

One that knows 24 hours before I want to go caching and will access geocache.com and access all the cache information I want (it will know in advance the ones I am interested in) and update what ever information that may already in memory...

All I have to do is follow the direction given by GPS... No more preloading information by me....

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn

I would like to see you be able to have more than 10,000 points in a track log. Up to the limit of the available memory. Since I like to take long bicycle trips at times, this would be a big benefit.

I would like to see a real geocaching mode on a GPSr with every field that shows up on .GPX format.

And I would like to see more waypoints storage, again up to the limit of the memory card on the GPS.

How 'bout a GPSr that'll let me use maps from whatever vendor I choose, in whatever format I choose (vector, raster, map or sat /aerial photo). A GPSr with a "if it's geoencoded, it's usable" attitude.

I despise proprietary-ness in any device, from I/O protocol, to connectors, to batteries, you name it.

Edited by JSWilson64

How 'bout a GPSr that'll let me use maps from whatever vendor I choose, in whatever format I choose (vector, raster, map or sat /aerial photo). A GPSr with a "if it's geoencoded, it's usable" attitude.

I despise proprietary-ness in any device, from I/O protocol, to connectors, to batteries, you name it.

I totally agree with you there. It bugs me that I can't even so much as add lines or polygons. I'd like to be able to drop in a KML or something like that.

Furthermore, I'd love for my 60CSx to have a bluetooth tranceiver in it. I'm currently looking at possible ways of hooking up a bluetooth modue to the serial port (if this sounds like something you're interested in, watch my profile page - if I get anything going, I'll put some info there. and if it hasn't happened by mid Jan, it never will) so I can use the hardware I've already got and not have to buy a second, dedicated bluetooth GPS unit like the new 10.