Garmin GPSMAP60 CSX problem with arrow

I have a weird problem with my Garmin GPSMAP60 CSX.

When I am geocaching, sometimes the red indicator arrow totally disapears. Other times when I hit the "Go To" button on the screen to see which way the cache is, the arrow does not show up at all. I usually turn off the unit for a few minutes and turn it back on. Sometimes the arrow comes back, sometimes it takes several times doing this. Anyone have a clue? I have had the unit for about 2 months now.

Thank you in advance!

Henry-

Edited by HenryDurant

When I am geocaching, sometimes the red indicator arrow totally disapears. Other times when I hit the "Go To" button on the screen to see which way the cache is, the arrow does not show up at all. I usually turn off the unit for a few minutes and turn it back on. Sometimes the arrow comes back, sometimes it takes several times doing this. Anyone have a clue? I have had the unit for about 2 months now.

Thank you in advance!

Henry-

Check to see if the unit is in the power saving mode. I had the same problem. Switch to normal mode and the problem should disappear. :laughing:

Thank you in advance!

Henry-

Check to see if the unit is in the power saving mode. I had the same problem. Switch to normal mode and the problem should disappear. :D

I checked the unit closely and the manual but do not seem to see anything about a power saving mode. :D

Thank you anyways-

Edited by HenryDurant

Check your setup icon there is a power saving option in there somewhere. You probably don't have it on since your 60CSX does not default to that setting and it would make geocaching a lot more difficult if you did. You might want to contact Garmin. This may be an issue that will require them to replace your GPS.

I can't find the power saver feature on my 60CSx either.

Can someone point out where to find it?

Check your setup icon there is a power saving option in there somewhere. You probably don't have it on since your 60CSX does not default to that setting and it would make geocaching a lot more difficult if you did. You might want to contact Garmin. This may be an issue that will require them to replace your GPS.

I can't find the power saver feature on my 60CSx either.

Can someone point out where to find it?

Try:-

MENU-MENU-SETUP-Enter-SYSTEM-Enter-GPS[Normal-Battery Saver-GPS off-Demo Mode]

Thank you in advance!

Henry-

Check to see if the unit is in the power saving mode. I had the same problem. Switch to normal mode and the problem should disappear. :laughing:

I have the same problem with my Garmin 60csx & repeatedly lose the arrow, & never know which darn way the cache is, or how far away - although sometimes it will still clock down feet, just not point in any direction, since the arrow is missing.

This is the 3rd csx I've had (brand new- exchanges) since July - 06 & it's not performing any better than the others. I've tried the power saving feature on - off - default, etc. NOTHING WORKS.

Sometimes recalibrating makes it come back, but not very often, so I'm packing around my old Magellan Sport trakpro for backup...at least it always points in the right direction, but doesn't have mapping. I paid $500 for the new Garmin & I'm really unhappy with the problem of it not leading me to the cache.

I've tried various solutions, including foam padding under the batter connectors, as suggested on another thread in this forum (that I can no longer find). That wasn't the answer either. Garmin support had no answers either. They thought I just didn't know how to use it, I think. Not so & I have tons of friends with identical model that never had this problem.

I need help desperately!

Thanks

I had this problem a couple of times when I first had the unit but not lately. After reading the above about Battery Saver option, it does seem that the only problems I had was when the function was turned on. Since then, I've learned that it doesn't make enough of a difference in battery to warrant the worry.