GeocoinFest 2007 Logo Finalists

Cornerstone4

Why not use the Forum poll?

Making voters sign up for the Yahoo-thing seems quite user unfriendly to me.

(are they sponsoring?)

Forum users haven't been able to create polls in quite a while (1.5 years? more?) :D .

While I'm posting, all look nice, but I like number 2 the most.

Never noticed that. Our Dutch GC forum does have the option of creating a Poll when starting a new topic.

Since we use the same Forum software as Groundspeak, I assumed you had that option too.

Polling is no longer available. The basis for this is found in the website's terms of use, which provide in relevant part that users may not "Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation."

That includes polls. We'll just have to tally these up the old fashioned way, won't we? It isn't that hard to do.

Why wasn't a poll used? Does it not work?

Poll Poll (New)

No new votes Poll (No New)

Since the yahoo group seems to be having so much trouble, I ended the poll there, and deleted the group...

I also didn't like that only the folks that voted over there had a real handle on where the voting stood.

So we are all on the same page, and so those of you want want to keep track of the voting, here are the results from the Yahoo Poll.

Caching Widow's Design: 3 votes

fox-and-the-hound's Design: 10 votes

KarelKraak's Design: 8 votes

Sepp & Berta's Design: 1 vote.

The race is tight, so make sure you vote for your favorite.

Edited to add my un-official tally:

CW: 16

f&h: 29

KK: 23

S&B: 2

Edited by Cornerstone4

Since yahoo states:

Group Not Found

There is no group called geocoinfest. Please make sure you typed the web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.

You may also search or browse for groups on the Yahoo! Groups Home Page.

And I used the link in the first post.

Anyway, my vote goes to #3 :rolleyes: (I wonder why... B) )

Since yahoo states:

Group Not Found

There is no group called geocoinfest. Please make sure you typed the web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.

You may also search or browse for groups on the Yahoo! Groups Home Page.

And I used the link in the first post.

Anyway, my vote goes to #3 :) (I wonder why... :) )

Please see This post.

Voting is now officially closed!

Thanks to everyone for their input, and thanks to everyone that contributed ideas.

Congratulations on some incredible work.

After adding the votes on the other Yahoo site, the votes in this forum, and votes that were emailed to me. (Yes, some folks were afraid of hurting anyone's feelings, so they preferred to vote in private.)

The winner is......

Drum roll please.....

Fan fare, and trumpets blaring....

Ok, this is really it.....!!!!!

KarelKraak Design #3

bd0f4949-76aa-43e6-af80-5163907b9bad.jpg

Way to go!!!!!

Edited to add picture...

Edited by Cornerstone4

Will this design be used for the Geocoinfest only? Or is there a Geocoinfest Geocoin coming?

This is the "branding" for 2007's event. It will be on almost everything...

*Event Website

*Event T-shirt for pre-registration bag

*Standard Event Coin - which will be produced and sold by Coins and Pins

*Attendee Standard Coin (and an LE version for the pre-registration bag) - which will be produced and sold by Oak Coins

*Fest Coin Quest game pieces for the pre-registration bag & the pre-registration bag itself - which will be produced and provided by Hogwild Stuff

*Geocoin Poker Challenge Base & Player coins - which will be produced, gifted and/or sold by The Geocoin Store

*Various paper materials (for inside bags & registration materials)

*As well as some other pre-registration bag items where details have not been finalized yet.

Quite an honor. We're really excited to start working with Bert's image :unsure:

Thank you again to all who participated and voted!!!

Edit Added... We're hoping to roll out the website next week sometime.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Congratulations Bert! Job well done. :unsure: I'm looking forward to seeing your design in all the upcoming production. Thanks AG, Cornerstone4 and everyone else who's taking on the tough job of handling every aspect of the 'Fest this year.

Thank you very much to everyone who voiced opinions, showed their support and voted for the designs throughout. Happy Caching from Fox & the Hound :mad:

Well, maybe next year we can make it a global event: events on the same day in various countries under one name?

Worldwide Geocoinfest 2008 ?

:unsure:

Since I found out about Geocoins, my travel budget cut down to almost nothing...

This event is an international event and is supposed to travel around. Just will need a non-vendor team of individuals to step-up and take it on for 2008.

You need to come to this JP. Ask Santa for a Christmas Present!

Edited by AtlantaGal