Getting lost in "Waymarking"

My lord this is getting more complicated by the day.

Unless one is really computer (language) savvy one is getting lost in all of this.:mad:

Had to come in the back way through "Geocaching" to access "Waymarking" as I couldn't find any previous subject posted on the new "Portal"

You/they should have walked us through this before (more explanations given) and held our hand for a while.

.....and that on the day I am solicting for a "Category" :P

Portals :)

RSS :(

Have we now lost all of our old postings?

I haven't the slightest idea what the above post means, but I did try the new portal but always got a Membership InvalidPassword screen every time I tried to log in. I could not post anything there.

I think you found the first bug. Just for grins, please choose a new password that is longer than 7 characters. Also try adding a number or symbol and see how that goes.

I haven't the slightest idea what the above post means, but I did try the new portal but always got a Membership InvalidPassword screen every time I tried to log in. I could not post anything there.

I think you found the first bug. Just for grins, please choose a new password that is longer than 7 characters. Also try adding a number or symbol and see how that goes.

I was having same problem. Jeremy your suggestion worked.

Well I could not post in the new forum

First I went to post to Getting Started with Waymarkinghere and this is what it says

You cannot add attachments

You cannot post new topics

You cannot reply to topics

You cannot delete your posts

You cannot edit your posts

You cannot create polls

You cannot vote in polls

Forum statistics are enabled

Forum is unmoderated

Then I tried posting to the second thread Recruiting and Category Proposals

This is the message I get for thread

"Oops! There are either no posts or due to a filter there are no posts to display. "

Then I tried to post to the General topic regarding variables that The Blue Quasar started and this is what I get again

You cannot add attachments

You cannot post new topics

You cannot reply to topics

You cannot delete your posts

You cannot edit your posts

You cannot create polls

You cannot vote in polls

Forum statistics are enabled

Forum is unmoderated

I never got that message that my membership was invalid but I did change the password and still the same thing. I too could only go in the back door and post here as usual.

My password is nine letters long, with no numbers or capitals, and I was able to get in. I will say that Jeremy's links were confusing at first. Actually, I still don't understand them since I don't know what I'm doing with them.

It took me a little while to find my way around, then it got easier from experience. Just like Waymarking!

Unfortunately I added a thread about my FIRST category into Bootron's McDonald's thread. I don't know how to get to that area where he started the new thread, as ADMINISTRATION was locked, but because he was the most recent to post I was able to jump along to it.

But like I told Jeremy, I will try to be patient and not suggest too much stuff. Things will open up as they work on sections.

I do like the idea that each Category will be married to a Forum. It will also be nice to have our own Forums that are separate from the other Groundspeak activity :mad:

:) The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar

i had the new forum (that is the 'portal', right?) lock my browser trying to insert a link......i dont like that it was all of a sudden: new forums. they said they want to transfer the 'old', but it is a PITA to have to navigate to these (through GC.com--i had a posting notification which brought me back here). wh not just lock this area, and move to the new? there can be a link to bring you back to the history/archive (here).....

i am not enthused about rss.......hey, i have learned html (well, a little) from wm.com, but how much more of a nerd can a hobby (is that what it is) make you?

i am getting lost in having a life, posting marks i find, looking for new things to seek out and mark, going back through areas to pick up things in new(er) categories, and, oh yea, geocache.......

i had the new forum (that is the 'portal', right?) lock my browser trying to insert a link......i dont like that it was all of a sudden: new forums. they said they want to transfer the 'old', but it is a PITA to have to navigate to these (through GC.com--i had a posting notification which brought me back here). wh not just lock this area, and move to the new? there can be a link to bring you back to the history/archive (here).....i am not enthused about rss.......hey, i have learned html (well, a little) from wm.com, but how much more of a nerd can a hobby (is that what it is) make you?

i am getting lost in having a life, posting marks i find, looking for new things to seek out and mark, going back through areas to pick up things in new(er) categories, and, oh yea, geocache.......

Hey..ChapterhouseInc I know what you mean. I don't know where you find all that time for finding and posting. :( I have already been told that if I don't do as much for the house and family as for "Waymarking" she'll throw me out with the "Computer and GPS." :huh::(:huh: