Seattle public transportation

MissJenn

Is there a cache around the Seattle area that might help me learn my way around the public transportation system? Maybe something like Transit 101 in Illinois?

This is a unique cache I came up with while looking at my bus schedule. As the name states, it’s basically an introduction to the public transportation system in Galesburg, IL. This cache will take you through a majority of the City of Galesburg via bus.

If one does not already exist, can someone make one for me? :mad:

I know that I could just hop on a bus and literally take it from there, but a geocache might give me that extra motivation I need.

Edited by MissJenn

There's no cache like Transit 101 yet. But you are the perfect candidate to hide one, once your research is done. :blink:

I thought about bookmarking a list of caches within a few minutes walk of the #5/54 route,all the way from Shoreline to White Center, to see how many caches could be done in one day (Weekend all day pass $2.50), probably dozens, entirely by bus. But my round tuit has been on backorder for more than a year.

If you've explored the metro link above, and clicked on [Online Tools] you may have run into [Tracker], which is a very valuable tool, with real time (+/- 1 minute) updates on the metro buses.

I don't know if a clue scheme like Transit 101 could work on Metro, with so many different buses and drivers. Seattle is slightly bigger than Galeburg IL. :laughing: But it might be a good takeoff point for a Metro Transit Cache. If you have an idea, maybe I can help with the research.

Salutations and welcome to the area. :} I do nearly all of my long-distance travel by bus, and some of the shorter stuff by bike or foot. I've been thinking about doing a bus-based cache for a while now.... but I'm far too lazy to get something placed - I've already got two caches on the burner then I need to actually place in the near future. If you have ideas for a bus cache, feel free to send me a PM or email.

As far is learning the transit system goes, you can download a PDF system map from their site, but be warned, it's big. Also, you can use Trip Planner to calculate point-to-point trips.