Legion Halls/Branches.

Tbox_e.gifemblem_top.gif

Now that "Remembrance Day - Memorial Day -Veterans Day" is almost upon us I saw more flags flying at the "Legion Halls" than ever before.

During my last trips through many cities and small towns I noticed a number of 'Legion' buildings in various state of repair which made me wonder how many active ones there are still around to-day. Lately due to the declining numbers of Veterans many Legion Halls have opened their doors to the general public to help defray the cost of upkeep and in some cases keeping them from closing their facilities altogether.

This "Category" of "Legion Halls/Branches" can be predominently found in - - A - - - B - - - C - countries.

I herewith will be seeking members and officers for this category. ---> "Legion Branches" Group detail page

If you are also a 'Veteran' or a member of a "Legion" I would appreciate your input into this proposal. Please forward an e-mail with your suggestions for fleshing out this "Legion Branches" Category.

Thanx in advance ... JAKE...

sub_header.jpg

During my last trips through many cities and small towns I noticed a number of 'Legion' buildings in various state of repair which made me wonder how many active ones there are still around to-day. Lately due to the declining numbers of Veterans many Legion Halls have opened their doors to the general public to help defray the cost of upkeep and in some cases keeping them from closing their facilities altogether.

I've been wondering when someone would propose this category! Absolutely a good one. The American Legion buildings are significant, though architecturally dismal, ofen. I wasn't aware the Legion was international, so this makes it even better.

I hope someone will also do a category for the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), though I think it is just a U.S. organization. Both of these are often sites of war memorials and other displays and frequently used meeting sites.

Look forward to these!

Thanks for doing it.