RSS on Waymarking.com

And whenever I figure out what an RSS feed is, I'll be sure to be impressed.

Is it something that I can see on a webpage? I know... GOOGLE it, right?

All I saw was a nifty new link to my newest waymarks that gave me some text list thing.

I'm not complaining.... I don't really know what is going on, so I'll hopefully glean something from this discussion.

:mad: The Blue Quasar

I agreee with Blue. It looks interesting but I don't have any idea exactly what this is. I have checked the icon out on several peoples profiles and looked at what I think is html, I see titles of their recent waymarks there. but for now I do not know how to use this feature. I think somehow I can subscribe too say Bruce's waymarks and I would be notified when he submits one. but how and where I am just not getting at the moment. So when I have it figured out I can hopefully enjoy this too.

i downloaded a rss 'reader'....yet another program on my pc i dont care for.....it then operates (like outlook), and reads the gobledygook you speak of, and it then looks like a notification email......

it seems that someone above stated that they show in 'your' google page, hows that?

i wat just hoping for something like the watchlist (where you set the paramaters) that would send out an email.....

i would like to see something about nearest waymarks near my home.....all i can find is the all new marks 'feed'.....

if this rss is to remain, it would be nice to know 'how to use it'......

it seems that someone above stated that they show in 'your' google page, hows that?

Bruce is referring to Google Reader, which Chris the engineer cheerfully explains here. You'll need a gmail account to use Google's personalized homepage.

RSS feeds are not intended to be a replacement for email notifications, which we hope to offer sometime in the near future. However, for those that use RSS we thought they might enjoy this feature on the site. Especially since it didn't take long for Sean to code.

There are many RSS tutorials on the net for you to peruse until we put one together for Waymarking (though there is nothing especially different about our feeds - a rose is a rose). Here's a great one specifically for Safari and Firefox users. IE users will benefit from reading that one, as well, but some of the specifics won't necessarily apply. Try this one if you need more information.