lake placid: backup maintainer needed

Garvy

Hi folks.

I recently placed a cache in the ADK, on the trail to Wright & Algonquin peak, from the ADK loj.

BUT, I can't get it published until I can find some help to maintain it. (I live in Ottawa, ON).

Anybody willing to help me maintain it?

I'll probably be in the area 3 times a year, but I don't think that's frequent enough.

if you want to get an idea of where it is, the approx coords are 44.16N, 73.98W

-g-

Hi,

You haven't been geocaching in 2.5 years, and back then only found 3 caches...why did you decide to hide one now, and why so far from your home?

If you send me the coords, somebody from our local org, NNYGeo, can probably go and pick it up, and we can send it back to you to place nearer to home.

Jamie - NFA

Edited by NFA

Hi Garvy,

I hope that not getting the answer you were hoping for doesn't turn you off...please don't just leave the container out there as geo-junk...send me the coords, and I'll make sure that someone gets out there to pick it up, and I'll mail it home to you.

Vacation and shared caches are just a bad idea...

Jamie - NFA

I agree. That was a very bad move....especially when we are striving to keep GeoCaching alive in the ADKs.

It is our knowledge that NYS DEC & The ADK Park Agency are weighing the idea of eliminating GeoCaching from the ADKs very heavily, so people like this are not helping our fight to keep it alive.

Please send us the coords and Bluegirl and I will be happy to remove the cache!

I agree with NFA, and GeoLobo. By being in the ADK's only 3 times a year does not consider to be a great place for you to be placing caches. Now if you were in the ADK's every weekend or 3 or more times a month then OK. But you say you are only there 3 times a year!

I have read that you cannot place caches in the High Peaks area. ADK Lodge (Heart Lake) is in the High Peaks!!!! So therefore, that cache needs to be removed!!! Either by yourself or get those coordinates to either NFA or GeoLobo and have them remove it and send it back to you so you can place the container nearer to your home!!!!

Or email the coords to me.

Director of New York Geocaching Org.