The blue circle

braymon2

I am using a Garmin GPSMap76CSx with City Navigator Ver.8.

When I zoom in on a waypoint there is a blue circle around the waypoint that gets larger as I zoom. Would like to remove it if possible. Thought it was something to do with proximity alarm but tried that and did not work. Read the manual cover-to-cover and could not find any info on it.Is it just something that's part of City Nav. or can it be removed?

Appreciate any advice.

braymon2

Thanks to all for the replys. I kinda figured Garmin set it up that way. Too bad because it's PITA.

Braymon2

I take it you have not studied maths or navigation? As there is no known way to mankind of proving exactly where you are on the planet at any given time. For less than €10,000 - and even that will give the reading -/+ something!

It's not true that you are in that circle all the time. But there is a certain probability that you are inside the circle, even if it's not 100%. I don't think Garmin has given the figure for that.

This is true of all navigtion you are in an area of probability! If you think of the simple triangulation that usually gives a small(ish) triangle that you should be in! I see the GPS doing the same (but with a MUCH higher degree of accuracy.