event waymarks

I already have that group started and am in the process of defining it.

Limited Engagements

Actually, you expressed interest in such an idea in this thread

Forum Thread about Suggested Category

I can send you another invite to join the Group if you like. Let me know if you are still interested.

:tired: The Blue Quasar

The basic premise is to allow people to list items that are only available for a short period of time, then will be archived. Things ranging from "Mardi Gras" to "Santa Claus Parade". Doesn't have to be that grandiose, could be "Strawberry Festival". As long as people can find something of entertainment value. Things that would not be allowed would be items like "Labor Day Sale at Home Depot". I'm not opposed to commercial listings, but the focus should be on an entertainment aspect not a financial one.

The variables were set up as "One Day, One Weekend, One Week, Two Weeks"...anything beyond that is considered permanent. And yes, I was considering allowing Geocaching Events to be listed as long as there was a link to the already listed Event.

Edited by The Blue Quasar

We have been talking about a new type of waymark that has time limits on it (and calendars, etc). However we haven't implemented any of these features yet. I'd recommend holding off until we have some options for temporal waymarks (as I think of them).

ok