Magellan eXplorist 210 and downloading several caches to it

The first thing I do is run a PQ for the area I am going to be in.

I then drag the PQ to my desktop and rename it.

When conecting the cable to the GPS the cable should run from the top to the bottom.

Next you will turn on your Explorist and put it into the file transfer mode.

The explorist will show up as a seprate drive.

Next you will start the geocache manager, at this time you just drag the PQ file into the Explorist

The final step is to push menu button on the GPS, next go to preferences push enter, Next go to Active set up and push enter, next scroll to Geocaches and push enter and select the geocache file you want to use.

Then find the caches.

I keep around 25 caches files in my Explorist for the areas I cache in.

I have an Explorist 210 with the USA Topo map software.

I use GSAK to create the file I download to the GPS. I create a PQ from the geocaching web site, like caches 20 miles from my house. I open the PQ file in GSAK. Then I create the Explorist file Local20.gs.

Then I just use Windows Explorer & drag it to the Geocache folder on the Explorist.

The nice thing about GSAK is that you can print the Cache Pages out to take along with you. I have a notebook in my truck with the cache pages. When I get back from finding a cache, I write "Found" & the date on the cache page & remove from the notebook. When I get a chance I log the finds & go to GSAK & delete the found ones. Then create a new Local20.gs file & move that to the Explorist. You can't delete the found ones in the Explorist.

I also create the Mapsend file Local20.wpt. Then I can run the Mapsend program & open the Local20.wpt file & see the caches on the map. I usually print some maps before I head out.

This sounds complicated, but it's really pretty simple after you try it a few times. GSAK takes a little time to learn, but it's worth the effort.

Have fun, you'll really enjoy the Explorist 210.

once agian i have a 210 and it came as a kit so i got mapsend topo 3d usa with it and it helps me with loading geocache points but there also was a geocachingdisc with my gps kit that i could download geocache points that i checkrd the box next to and hit download. i cant do it on my own computer because its windows 98 but i can do it on my dads xp