FTF Coins back In The Geocoin Store

-mike-

The FTF coins (both editions) are back in their final printing in the Geocoin Store.

http://www.geocoinstore.com/index.php?main...dex&cPath=4

The King and Critter coins shoudl be here very soon. We will not start selling them until they arrive.

Also, we have a Christmas coin (yeah - us too) which will go on sale tentatively next week. They will be a pre-sale but we expect the coins in 3 weeks. We are pre-selling so when the coins arrive we can get them out ASAP so you can have them for Christmas. I'll be posting these soon in the "Coming Soon" area. They are trackable with an icon of course.

(Christmas okay, sheesh) :blink:

Edited by -mike-

Why does it matter?

Because X-mas is taking the Christ out of Christmas, not that I want to start a religious debate, but you did ask :unsure:

I think if you research that, you'll find it is not the case at all. The X goes way back to ancient Greek where the word for Christ is Xristos. 16th century Europeans used X for Christ. It's not a sign of disrespect at all.

Then there are those few Christians who believe Christ has no place in Christmas, since the holiday predates Christianity by several thousand years at least. But that's another story.

kells2.jpg

Folio 34r contains the Chi Rho monogram. Chi and Rho are the first two letters of the word "Christ" in Greek.

Several abbreviations have been used throughout history to represent Christ from XR to X to other symbols such as dolphins, Bees, and unicorns.

If you aren't familiar with the history behind a symbol or abbreviation then please refrain from going after those that use it.

Is it really that much harder to type "Christmas"... :tired:

Would it better if it looked like a cross? t-mas

Or it it just the idea of people using symbols instead of writing Christ? (and/or is it about being lazy and shortening things?)

Edited by welch

kells2.jpg

Folio 34r contains the Chi Rho monogram. Chi and Rho are the first two letters of the word "Christ" in Greek.

Several abbreviations have been used throughout history to represent Christ from XR to X to other symbols such as dolphins, Bees, and unicorns.

If you aren't familiar with the history behind a symbol or abbreviation then please refrain from going after those that use it.

I certainly wasn't going after him, Arthur and Trillian asked, I answered. I am actually familiar with the history of the X in Christmas. Certainly one of the reasons it was used was to hurry the copying of scriptures in olden times, so in effect it was in this instance used for a similar reason.

I am also sure he meant no disrespect, again I was just answering Arthur and Trillian's question with my opinion of the answer.

If you aren't familiar with a persons knowledge of a subject then please refrain from going after those who state their opinions. :laughing:

Hey guys, it was just me being in a hurry. Nothing else. No slight intended, sorry if it offended anyone. I'm going to go ahead and close the thread. Just a coin announcement and it looks like it may get off into territory I never, ever intended it to go and honestly - have no interest in leading us into here in the Geocoin forum.