Performance Issue

RakeInTheCache

Today is a public holiday in some European countries but still ...

Also curious, I'm losing my log in. I have to keep logging back on.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Edited by RakeInTheCache
Twice a month on Wednesday morning, Pacific, the site goes through a backup which can take a while. The maintainence occured around the time you experienced this issue.

Backups only twice a month? :laughing:

Not to worry - they do an incremental backup every day. The twice-monthly backups are full backups. In the event of a disastrous loss of data, a recovery would mean restoration of the last full backup, followed by the restoration of all the incremental backups since the last full backup.

Not to worry - they do an incremental backup every day. The twice-monthly backups are full backups. In the event of a disastrous loss of data, a recovery would mean restoration of the last full backup, followed by the restoration of all the incremental backups since the last full backup.

Were you looking in our server cabinets? :laughing:

Heh. That's right. We also have this rockin' robotic tape backup drive. Unless you say "Sarah Connor" near it you should be safe.

Edited by Jeremy

Were you looking in our server cabinets? :unsure:

I didn't know they were server cabinets until I opened one up. I was just looking for a snack. In my own defense, maybe the kitchen isn't the best place to store the servers while you are remodeling the office.

Heh. That's right. We also have this rockin' robotic tape backup drive. Unless you say "Sarah Connor" near it you should be safe.

:laughing:

Sheesh, I can't believe I had to google Sarah Connor.