Bremerton, West Hills - Caches in MAJOR jeopardy!

ClioMouse

Hi, there, ClioMouse here. Generally a Letterboxer, but I've found a few 'caches in my time.

Just giving everybody a heads up that the West Hills area greenery, near Pendergast Park in Bremerton, is undergoing some MAJOR changes. I shouldn't really tell much about what is planned for the different areas of the land (my office frowns upon that...) but I can tell you that almost the entire area will eventually be cleared for development. A few areas have been designated "wetlands," but they are somewhat random and I would not be able to delineate them in text.

The guy who's been doing the surveying out there says he's run across a couple of Geocaches while staking things out. He said one was in an ammo-type container (I'd guess the typical official Geocache containers) and the other was in a Tupperware-type container. I do not know what the names of the caches were or where they are located at all. They may even have been destroyed by now, since the bulldozers have cut across the whole area. Still, thought I'd give everyone a heads up that their boxes are in danger and that the boxes will be particularly difficult to find now.

Also, watch out for black bears in the area...the aforementioned surveyor guy also came across one of those while out there!

Happy 'caching!

ClioMouse

My cache is just fine; I visited it today. I've checked the construction maps, and the hiding place appears to be in the area designated to remain as a public "wet lands". When the construction is complete, there will be easy access to my cache site. At that time, I will reactivate it. Thanks for the heads up!

My cache is just fine; I visited it today. I've checked the construction maps, and the hiding place appears to be in the area designated to remain as a public "wet lands". When the construction is complete, there will be easy access to my cache site. At that time, I will reactivate it. Thanks for the heads up!

It should be noted, then, that I had to call the giant track-hoe off of the wetlands yesterday. Apparently he was on a roll and didn't have a map so was just guessing. I'd still be wary, even if you're planted there. Also, the construction plan is up for review once the work we're doing is finished. Keep watch.

ClioMouse