I AM PISSED RIGHT OFF!

PackRat420

I went and ordered a load of TB tags from the Groundspeak website and was patiently awaiting their arrival at my house, and they never showed. I wrote a polite email to Groundspeak asking where they might be. I get an email back today saying that Groundspeak doesn't ship internationally!! WTF!!!!! if they don't ship internationally how do they manage to get business? I am pretty (deleted by moderator) sure that many MANY international geocachers use the Groundspeak shops to buy things.

where the hell would someone NOT living in the "all mighty" US buy TB tags??

ps. i'm just a little upset :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Edited by mtn-man

I went and ordered a load of TB tags from the Groundspeak website and was patiently awaiting their arrival at my house, and they never showed. I wrote a polite email to Groundspeak asking where they might be. I get an email back today saying that Groundspeak doesn't ship internationally!! WTF!!!!! if they don't ship internationally how do they manage to get business? I am pretty (deleted by moderator) sure that many MANY international geocachers use the Groundspeak shops to buy things.

ps. i'm just a little upset :laughing::laughing::laughing:

i understand being upset, but is it really necessary to insult an entire country for the actions of a private company?

Edited by mtn-man

I went and ordered a load of TB tags from the Groundspeak website and was patiently awaiting their arrival at my house, and they never showed. I wrote a polite email to Groundspeak asking where they might be. I get an email back today saying that Groundspeak doesn't ship internationally!! WTF!!!!! if they don't ship internationally how do they manage to get business? I am pretty (edited by moderator) sure that many MANY international geocachers use the Groundspeak shops to buy things.

ps. i'm just a little upset :):laughing::wacko:

i understand being upset, but is it really necessary to insult an entire country for the actions of a private company?

:laughing:

That's the way I read it. :laughing:

It's WHAT you say so much as how you say it.

That was insulting.

Edited by mtn-man

That was insulting.

I feel like I was just pissed right on!

Okay maybe not so much, but you didn't hear me saying how lousy the Brits were after I some british online shop refused to ship a USB hub to the US.

Seriously, I was willing to pay the difference in shipping, only a few pounds. (or is it euros now?)

I went and ordered a load of TB tags from the Groundspeak website and was patiently awaiting their arrival at my house, and they never showed. I wrote a polite email to Groundspeak asking where they might be. I get an email back today saying that Groundspeak doesn't ship internationally!! WTF!!!!! if they don't ship internationally how do they manage to get business? I am pretty (edited by moderator) sure that many MANY international geocachers use the Groundspeak shops to buy things.

ps. i'm just a little upset :):laughing::wacko:

That was insulting.

easy for you guys to say that you have no problem trying to buy something from Groundspeak or geocaching shops. I have to find some third party dealer in canada and pay the price for doing so. i think its rather (edited by moderator) that they will not ship internationally. i have tried to order TB tags from both Groundspeak and geocaching and both times i get hit with a message saying that because I live in Canada I am not good enough to recieve those items. Thats insulting

Edited by mtn-man

Can you have them sent to someone within the US and have them forward the package to you?? I know it would be more expensive, but it might be worth it....

you know, i really wish i knew someone in the states that I could do that. it would make my life so much easier and it would bypass all the duty crap at the border

ps. i'm just a little upset :laughing::wacko::laughing:

:)

That was insulting.

easy for you guys to say that you have no problem trying to buy something from Groundspeak or geocaching shops. I have to find some third party dealer in canada and pay the price for doing so. i think its rather (edited by moderator) that they will not ship internationally. i have tried to order TB tags from both Groundspeak and geocaching and both times i get hit with a message saying that because I live in Canada I am not good enough to recieve those items. Thats insulting

well then. maybe you should move to the "all mighty" US. that way you will no longer be insulted and you will be good enough to receive stuff from Groundspeak.

get a grip dude! cut back on the poutine too. it's obviously clogging your brain functions. :wacko:

Edited by mtn-man

Can you have them sent to someone within the US and have them forward the package to you?? I know it would be more expensive, but it might be worth it....

you know, i really wish i knew someone in the states that I could do that. it would make my life so much easier and it would bypass all the duty crap at the border

you know a lot of people in the states. THEY'RE CALLED GEOCACHERS!!! they are also a friendly lot and would have gladly helped you until you insulted us.

you know a lot of people in the states. THEY'RE CALLED GEOCACHERS!!! they are also a friendly lot and would have gladly helped you until you insulted us.

haha ya, they people that run the Groundspeak and geocache shops are cachers too. why don't they ship internationally then? that would be helping us out

The front page of the Groundspeak shop states, "We ship only to U.S. locations, but click here for a list of international partners or other locations in the U.S." Did you bother to read that and click the link? Canadian suppliers are listed right at the top.

yup, sure did. took me awhile to find a partner that has some. i would think that a reputable company like Groundspeak would ship internationally. maybe they should think about creating an international account for just the reason of some people won't want to deal with a third party company or other partner to get what they want. i'd rather order from the Groundspeak or geocache shops than any other partner company. but if they don't want my business then i'll take it somewhere else.

haha ya, they people that run the Groundspeak and geocache shops are cachers too. why don't they ship internationally then? that would be helping us out

they are also a private company.

The front page of the Groundspeak shop states, "We ship only to U.S. locations, but click here for a list of international partners or other locations in the U.S." Did you bother to read that and click the link? Canadian suppliers are listed right at the top.

this just gets better and better. your reading skills have been affected by the poutine also.

this just gets better and better. your reading skills have been affected by the poutine also.

if they are a "private company" why do they host an international website? why is it that I can track geocaches in places other than the US? as far as i'm concerned they would benefit if they had an international account. there would be so many users ordering from them that didn't live in the states.

Why don't you (deleted by moderator) and stop drooling over poutine? what is it with Yanks and poutine??

Edited by mtn-man

yup, sure did. took me awhile to find a partner that has some. i would think that a reputable company like Groundspeak would ship internationally. maybe they should think about creating an international account for just the reason of some people won't want to deal with a third party company or other partner to get what they want. i'd rather order from the Groundspeak or geocache shops than any other partner company. but if they don't want my business then i'll take it somewhere else.

Please feel free to take your business and put it somewhere else.

Need any suggestions?

if they are a "private company" why do they host an international website? why is it that I can track geocaches in places other than the US? as far as i'm concerned they would benefit if they had an international account. there would be so many users ordering from them that didn't live in the states.

Why don't you (edited by moderator) and stop drooling over poutine? what is it with Yanks and poutine??

i don't have a sister and haven't tried poutine yet, but it does sound yummy.

stop blaming an entire country for Groundspeak policy. you make me ashamed of my 3/4 canadian heritage.

Edited by mtn-man

Just remember - the duty crap - is YOUR government's rules :laughing:

It's also one of the reasons some companies choose not to do international business.

- What surprises me is that it lets you put in an order for an international address and accepts it - or did I read that wrong?

You missed the enormous text on the ordering page:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/order.aspx

International Orders

Unfortunately we do not ship directly to customers outside the United States. We do, however, have a growing list of partners outside the US who would be happy to take your order. Visit our most current list of partners on the Shop Groundspeak web site

It isn't like we hid it or anything.

Closing this thread (and watch your language next time).