Newbie in NE Texas area...anyone from this area?

txnurse06

Hello,

My husband and I have just gotten started with this and have been having a great time. We are about 30 miles west of the Texarkana area and just wondered if we had any fellow geocachers in the area and would enjoy hearing from you.

Hope to see you on the trail. Laurie and Billy

txnurse06 and dogman04 :laughing:

Up in that area you'll run across OLEMAY (something like that), they are a duo just west of Texarkana. There is also THATSITBILL. There are some other really good cachers there and to the east such as SpankytheWizard. One or two of them put out some really challenging caches, ie GirlyCache down at Wright-Patman Lake. Over to the west, Mt Pleasant, there is a crew there lead by ALOFT23, BuffaloScout, mthquist and others. Hang in there.

Edited by Yamahammer

There is also an event in Dec in Longview. Texarkana always sends representatives. Longview is about an hour and half from Texarkana. You're welcome to come on down.

Thanks for the info. I have seen some of the names as the hider of the caches but were unsure where they were from. Maybe we can get connected up with them. The event in December sounds fun and we are going to look this up also.

I have been reading some of these posts on the site and it seems that this is a real friendly and helpful bunch having a blast together and we are looking forward to meeting some of them.