confused....

kimnbair

I'm sort of confused about this, do you collect geocoins and keep them or do you leave them in caches?

It goes both ways. Some people collect them, some people put them in caches, and some people do both. When you purchase a geocoin or find an unactivated one, its your choice what to do with it. When you activate your coin, you place it in a cache for other cachers to move along. I hope this helps.

Okay so any advice for a beginner? I've been caching for all of a month now lol but the coins are really neat!

Read the sticky "The Minting, Coin Reference, Shipping, Activating, Adopting, Shopping, Courtesy, Do's & Don't Guide To Geocoins & FAQs!" at the top of the page. Lots of very useful info there. Enjoy!

Okay so any advice for a beginner? I've been caching for all of a month now lol but the coins are really neat!

RESIST!!! RESIST!!! RESIST!!! :ph34r:

:P:ph34r:

It is truely an addiction!

You never truely realize how much money you can sink into them because you only spend 10 bucks here & 20 bucks there. Occasionally splurging 50 bucks for a set to get all the metals of a particularly nice coin.

Until... one day... you realize that the money invested in those binders of "trinket" coins on the shelf there could be a small down payment on a good used car or a 52" Plasma TV!!

I can't honestly steer you away though. It's a very enjoyable hobby.

I got into this because of Geocaching and some days, I'd rather sit and organize all my newest aquisitions than tromping around hunting caches! :laughing:

:P:laughing:

D-man :D

I'm sort of confused about this, do you collect geocoins and keep them or do you leave them in caches?

I like to set most of our free, We have about 30 or so ready or in caches and about 10 in the collection

ummmm remember when geocaching was a cheap hobby, well thats going to be a thing of the past. :laughing::laughing: