What the bell ?

I've searched the database, and found NO category for large bells, the kind that you see displayed outside townhalls, or firestations, or even on golf courses. They sit there, with a plaque, BEGGING to be rung again, but they are just for looks now. Most have had the clapper removed, so you have to settle for rapping it with your knuckles.

I love these old bells and the stories that come with 'em.

Unfortunately, I'm not a premium member, and unable to run a category. Any chance someone would be interested in running such a waymark, please feel free to run with it.

I've searched the database, and found NO category for large bells, the kind that you see displayed outside townhalls, or firestations, or even on golf courses. They sit there, with a plaque, BEGGING to be rung again, but they are just for looks now. Most have had the clapper removed, so you have to settle for rapping it with your knuckles.

I love these old bells and the stories that come with 'em.

Unfortunately, I'm not a premium member, and unable to run a category. Any chance someone would be interested in running such a waymark, please feel free to run with it.

You aught to save some money and become a premium member it worth it

Lol!

I have wanted this category from the very beginning and suggested it right away when these forums began. But at the time we could only have 3 categories. When those were expanded, I wanted to leave some wiggle room so I did not start a bell category.

But it has been bugging me and bugging me, so this weekend I finally broke down and decided I would start this category if no one else would. Funny timing!

I can do it, but if someone else will I would love that also. Let me know!

Here's some links that discuss it. There are others as well, but I'm not linking all of them.

My original proposal

A different discussion

Another discussion

Please! Someone stop me! :laughing::laughing:

Edited by Ambrosia

Ok, so this idea has floated 'round a number of times..... but hasn't been made official. Unfortunately, I just can't make the jump to premium member.

Guess I'll try to goad someone else into the limelight.

Thanks for the links there, Ambrosia.

Go for it, Quasar ! I'll vote for the category when you propose it, of course.