IE7 & Cache Pictures

I have just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 and all is fine apart from the pictures attached to logs on cache reports.

They now dont work properly .... All I get is the left hand third !

Anyone else had these problems and can I rectify it !

Thanks

Same happened to me when I upgraded to IE7. I unistalled it and then installed Firefox 2.

I have just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 and all is fine apart from the pictures attached to logs on cache reports.

Thanks

Firefox 2 has just been released!

http://www.getfirefox.com

You won't look back!

I second that!!

Thanks

Firefox 2 has just been released!

http://www.getfirefox.com

You won't look back!

I second that!!

Do it!! Do it now!! :laughing:

Firefox seems to be just another menace, but hope we're wrong. Never used it before so downloaded and installed it to day. We tried to remove the Google Seacr facility but it won't have it... Went through the uninstal bit... it said the search bar would be removed on next restart, but as soon as it starts, up comes the BLAB saying "We know you just want the toolbar.." Well, we don't and we can't get rid of it. Goodbye Firefox - we'll stay with IE thanks.

Firefox seems to be just another menace, but hope we're wrong. Never used it before so downloaded and installed it to day. We tried to remove the Google Seacr facility but it won't have it... Went through the uninstal bit... it said the search bar would be removed on next restart, but as soon as it starts, up comes the BLAB saying "We know you just want the toolbar.." Well, we don't and we can't get rid of it. Goodbye Firefox - we'll stay with IE thanks.

I am sorry that you have had these problems -although I don't recall having them myself. Don't give up on Firefox - think of the advantages of the Greasemonkey scripts! And especially the ability to hide threads that are boring etc.

When you say you tried to remove the Google search, do you mean the search box Firefox allows you to customise? If so, this is one of Firefox's most powerful features. You can use this to search a huge variety of different resources, including plain text searching for caches. Just choose the option at the bottom for new searches and add the ones you want. It gives fast access to the search engine of your choice, Gc.com, IMDB, Wikipedia, Ebay etc etc.

Are you referring to the Google Tool bar that can be installed at the same time as installing Firefox? When installing Firefox you have the option of including it, if you untick the relevant boxes when installing, no google tool bar. The google search facility top right of the main tool bar is a customizable search site facility, you can add other search sites. Theres even a Geocaching.com one, if I could just remember where I got it from.

EEK! Just put FF2 on my other laptop and found that it doesn't run the session saver extension and there's not yet a version for 2 available. Close call. That is my most used tool (after adblock). Just have to wait I suppose......

If you use it for restoring what tabs you were using, there is now a new feature by default in Firefox 2 to open the tabs you had at last close.

To enable, Tools -> Options, on the Main tab, in the 'When Firefox starts' dropdown select 'Show my windows and tabs from the last time'.

I had a look at some pictures in logs in IE7 but no problems Robin, any particular logs that have problems with you?

I use both IE7 and Firefox no probs.

If you 'hover' your cursor over the picture icon in the cache page logs, a preview of the picture should pop up.

When I tried it with IE7 the preview only showed part of the picture. Can you confirm that you have this working in IE7 ?

Edited by stora

EEK! Just put FF2 on my other laptop and found that it doesn't run the session saver extension and there's not yet a version for 2 available. Close call. That is my most used tool (after adblock). Just have to wait I suppose......

If you download the nightly testers tools extension it will add a button on your add in's tab to make all compatible.

If you 'hover' your cursor over the picture icon in the cache page logs, a preview of the picture should pop up.

When I tried it with IE7 the preview only showed part of the picture. Can you confirm that you have this working in IE7 ?

Yes That also happens here, I did not try that option. Just clicking the link allows the picture to be viewed OK.

What's this? A web site built entirely with M$'s proprietary extensions doesn't work with M$'s proprietary browser, now they've made it a bit less proprietary?

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Concerning the FF Google toolbar: there is also a third-party, not-made-by-Google toolbar for FF. This has the advantage that it almost certainly isn't collecting interesting info about you to send to Google (whereas Google's almost certainly is). Now if only I could find the link for it. :unsure:

Concerning the FF Google toolbar: there is also a third-party, not-made-by-Google toolbar for FF. This has the advantage that it almost certainly isn't collecting interesting info about you to send to Google (whereas Google's almost certainly is). Now if only I could find the link for it. :unsure:

But if you use the NoScript extension you can stop the google-click script (or any other for that matter) from running.

Concerning the FF Google toolbar: there is also a third-party, not-made-by-Google toolbar for FF. This has the advantage that it almost certainly isn't collecting interesting info about you to send to Google (whereas Google's almost certainly is). Now if only I could find the link for it. :tired:

But if you use the NoScript extension you can stop the google-click script (or any other for that matter) from running.

Be careful disabling scripts on Google. Google maps appears to work differently depending on whether or not scripts are enabled.

Phil

Concerning the FF Google toolbar: there is also a third-party, not-made-by-Google toolbar for FF. This has the advantage that it almost certainly isn't collecting interesting info about you to send to Google (whereas Google's almost certainly is). Now if only I could find the link for it. :tired:

Be careful disabling scripts on Google. Google maps appears to work differently depending on whether or not scripts are enabled.

Phil

I haven't noticed any problems.

Phil

Try this:

With scripts disabled search for a lat,long. You get a square map with zoom levels 0, 1 - street, 2,3 -city - 9 on the right hand side off the mao and the N,W,E,S arrows underneath. To get this Google Maps with have constructed a URL with the coordinates as attributes, e.g: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&f=q&...amp;output=html.

Now enable scripts for maps.google.com and remove the "output=html" attribute from the URL, You get a full width map with the N,W,E,S arrows at the top left, a zoom bar beneath it and Map / Satellite / Hybrid at the top right.

Removing the "output=html" attribute while scripts are disable with result in it being put back in.

Phil

Try this:

With scripts disabled search for a lat,long. You get a square map with zoom levels 0, 1 - street, 2,3 -city - 9 on the right hand side off the mao and the N,W,E,S arrows underneath. To get this Google Maps with have constructed a URL with the coordinates as attributes, e.g: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&f=q&...amp;output=html.

Now enable scripts for maps.google.com and remove the "output=html" attribute from the URL, You get a full width map with the N,W,E,S arrows at the top left, a zoom bar beneath it and Map / Satellite / Hybrid at the top right.

Removing the "output=html" attribute while scripts are disable with result in it being put back in.

Just to clarify - I can selectively disable scripts on any page with NoScript. What I disable are all the data collecting scripts. The page works fine with my current set-up when the "output=html' is removed. On that page there are no data collecting scripts anyway.

Have you tried NoScript?

NoScript will not help if it's a google toolbar that is installed into the browser. I believe the toolbar is uninstallable though.

You cannot stop Google from tracking what Google Searches you make, or on which search results you click. They use server side scripting to do that.

The whole beauty of using Google Maps is the scripting, a very nice application. As I noted just above, disabling scripting on Google will have little effect with their tracking of your Google searches and the links you click on from the search results.

And, IE7, I'm not going to install it, IE in general seems to be getting more bloated and slow. IE7's 'new' design is just a bad port, it was designed for Windows Vista, it just doesn't fit in with XP.

I wouldn't be surprised if they broke some things, since they made some changes to the way that IE interprets the web page coding. They tried to make the changes as compatible as possible, but they still managed to break stuff. :laughing: