No Thank You replies appreciated

Not So Lost Puppies

While some may say this should go into the trading topic, but I don't know that everyone offering coins for sale check that thread. and I know that some people don't check their e-mail or forum PM all that frequently, but....

I've sent some trade requests out, and I don't know if the request was not received, or if the person just isn't interested in the trade offer, or is still thinking it over.

so... if you receive a message (or multiples) from me asking if you would like to trade personal coins, I will likely continue to periodically send them if I don't receive any feedback. Don't worry about hurting my feelings if you aren't interested in a trade, I put it in my list of those I've contacted so I don't continue to try and contact you. You are always welcome to contact me if you change your mind and want to trade later.

A big Thanks :) to everyone who I've traded with, am trading with, and may trade with in the future.

And Thanks :) to anyone who said they weren't trading at this time, or are out of coins, or just aren't interested in a trade. I know to look elsewhere if I really want it.

While some may say this should go into the trading topic, but I don't know that everyone offering coins for sale check that thread. and I know that some people don't check their e-mail or forum PM all that frequently, but....

I've sent some trade requests out, and I don't know if the request was not received, or if the person just isn't interested in the trade offer, or is still thinking it over.

so... if you receive a message (or multiples) from me asking if you would like to trade personal coins, I will likely continue to periodically send them if I don't receive any feedback. Don't worry about hurting my feelings if you aren't interested in a trade, I put it in my list of those I've contacted so I don't continue to try and contact you. You are always welcome to contact me if you change your mind and want to trade later.

A big Thanks :) to everyone who I've traded with, am trading with, and may trade with in the future.

And Thanks :) to anyone who said they weren't trading at this time, or are out of coins, or just aren't interested in a trade. I know to look elsewhere if I really want it.

:( ooops, it got onto my second page of incoming emails and I forgot...sorry

I have to agree with you. I also have sent multiple messages before only to get no reply. In my opinion it is very disrespectfull towards the trader or tradee if there is not some type of response.

I have to agree with you. I also have sent multiple messages before only to get no reply. In my opinion it is very disrespectfull towards the trader or tradee if there is not some type of response.

That's an unfortunate outlook, many times emails go into spam folders without knowing it wasn't spam. Not to mention life certainly gets in the way. As well it is difficult to tell someone that your not interested in their trade when they are complimenting you so graciously on your coin. I don't think anyone who gets trade offers means any disrespect by not answering them.

I have to admit I've sometimes been less than prompt with trade replies. Being in school, when deadlines hit my coin trading drops in priority. And prompt e-mail replies aren't my strong point to begin with. But I try to eventually give a reply to everyone who writes and offers a trade, and if someone writes me a second time I don't mind; it usually prompts me to at least send a quick reply if not a proper one.

So, if you've written me and haven't heard back, have patience!

I have to say that it is disappointing to not get a response to a trade request. It's my opinion that if you are going to put up coins on a public trading list, then that means you are interested in trading. I know of at least two traders that I have attempted trades with and have sent them more than two e-mails each through coin trading sites, but neither of them have done me the courtesy of a reply of any kind. I'd be happy to cease and desist with a "No thanks", and certainly I can take the hint and have ceased and desisted. But it is a disappointment, especially when it takes some time to contemplate fair trades.

When my coins are ready, I can only hope I do better than those 'traders.' They've certainly given me a good example of what not to do.

I have to say that it is disappointing to not get a response to a trade request. It's my opinion that if you are going to put up coins on a public trading list, then that means you are interested in trading. I know of at least two traders that I have attempted trades with and have sent them more than two e-mails each through coin trading sites, but neither of them have done me the courtesy of a reply of any kind. I'd be happy to cease and desist with a "No thanks", and certainly I can take the hint and have ceased and desisted. But it is a disappointment, especially when it takes some time to contemplate fair trades.

When my coins are ready, I can only hope I do better than those 'traders.' They've certainly given me a good example of what not to do.

I totally agree with you. I would like to get any reply at all. A no thanks is very much appreciated so I can go on to offer my coins to someone else. I do understand that everyone doesn't check their email as often as I do :laughing: but maybe once a week? Another cacher and I just spoke about this very thing a couple of days ago. I'm glad this thread was started

I have been one both ends.....not responding quickly to a trade offer and not hearing back from a trade offer I have sent out.

Sometimes life does get in the way, emails get accidentally deleted, lost in your SPAM folder or Inbox. I understand that and fortunately for me so have the people I have had the fortune to trade with. :laughing:

When I first began trading my personal coin and didn't receive replies to a few emails it bothered me a little. Didn't understand why some wouldn't send a reply even after multiple emails, but now I realize that some people have a difficult time saying "No Thanks" because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. These days I send a total of two emails, usually 10 - 14 days apart and if I don't get a reply then I move on.

In my case, geocoincollection.com doesn't give you the option of disabling your profile / collection without deleting your entire list and my gallery is woefully out of date. :laughing:

I always try and respond, however. A reply only takes a second and is just common courtesy.

Well, this thread inspired me to go back through my emails and respond to several people whom I'd left hanging about trades as I was trying to deal with just shipping my new coins to people who wanted to buy them directly. I hope that I got a response to most people now, but it's possible that I still missed a few.

I really like the idea of sending a 'follow up' trade request if you are interested and you haven't heard back. Until recently, I didn't realize that some 'real' emails would drop into my spam folder... I've had that happen with mail coming from geocaching.com as well as from paypal. No apparent reason for it, but I was very slow responding to at least one person's request because gmail decided that all mail from this person should go to [sPAM]. :laughing: So now I check SPAM every other day or so...

Wow, guess Im guilty. Ive never traded coins before. Since Im waiting for my coins, I had all wanting to trade personal coins folks in a list to contact when I actually HAD a coin to trade with.

Guess I need to go reply to those now though I wont have my coin for a few more weeks.....

I have been guilty of non-replies or delayed ones. These were usually the result of my spam folder. I used to have it set to delete the spam messages. Now I just have the messages sit in the spam folder until I can look thru them (about once a week), and keep the legitimate ones. Even that is not fail-proof...

I have also experienced folks contacting us for a trade, I email back, and never receive a reply (confirming the trade or saying "no thanks, changed our mind").

Replies when you receive a trade in the mail are nice, too. You know..."I received the coin...thanks". I know that you can purchase a delivery confirmation thru the Post Office, but that's extra $ that I could be putting towards the purchase of geocoins (lol).

I have been guilty of non-replies or delayed ones. These were usually the result of my spam folder. I used to have it set to delete the spam messages. Now I just have the messages sit in the spam folder until I can look thru them (about once a week), and keep the legitimate ones. Even that is not fail-proof...

I have also experienced folks contacting us for a trade, I email back, and never receive a reply (confirming the trade or saying "no thanks, changed our mind").

Replies when you receive a trade in the mail are nice, too. You know..."I received the coin...thanks". I know that you can purchase a delivery confirmation thru the Post Office, but that's extra $ that I could be putting towards the purchase of geocoins (lol).

good thread - the weekends, time differences, the 1,000 emails in my intray I lose a few in there for days/weeks at a time - I have had some major stuff up only with teh pm's big oops both ways! have hopefully sorted that out ie: i won't be using the forum to contact again. the german trades kept dropping out in particular midway.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. and I wouldn't be surprised if I've also missed the boat on a reply or possibly didn't received the e-mail, or it got spam filtered, etc. So if you have sent me a trade request and I haven't replied, try sending it again, or try a PM if you sent e-mail first.

I do understand about Life taking priority over such things as geocaching and coins.

Being a Network Administrator (including managing the e-mail server [we have around 3000 e-mails blocked a day, over 99% of those are spam/virus, but sometimes legitimate mail gets rejected for various reasons), I know all about e-mails not going through, or getting lost, or sent to the spam folder, that is why I will often try a PM if e-mail didn't get a response. It also may be that some folks did try and reply but it didn't get to me for some reason. That is why I stated that you may get multiple requests, it means I didn't get a reply if you did send one.

Yes, I also appreciate messages that coins were received, and I try to send them myself. (though I know I've missed some)

I do know that is also why many people will post "e-mail sent" or "PM Sent" replies in the trade forums, lets people know to look for it in case it gets lost.

And thanks to those who found messages (even from other people) and replied. :laughing:

I respond to trade emails probably 99% of the time.

But, since no one has brought it up...

Some trade offers are so rediculous that occaisonally over the last year, I have not responded. Sorry, but stupid offers are just not worthy of a reply.

I'll grant you that.

In my case I usually ask for personal trade, or offer a coin in someones seeking list for one in their trading list. (most will comment on if it should require more robust trade offers)

And for anyone expecting an e-mail back from me, as of now, I believe I have responded to all trade e-mails.

Sorry if I missed your emails NSLP. I can assure you that you're not the only one I've missed, so I'll go ahead and apologize for that. An earlier person alluded to this already, but the amount of free time that each of us have to dedicate towards "fun" varies greatly. You really can't comprehend the volume of communications that I receive on a daily basis from geo and non-geo sources. Family, work and design matters simply don't allow for as much free time anymore, and I know that plenty of e-mails fall through the cracks.

Because of this, and the fact that I don't have many personal coins remaining, I've made a conscious effort to scale back to trading coins when I can, and mainly for coins that I'm specifically looking for. I sincerely hoped that nobody would take offense towards this, but it's just what I've had to do. I made a big trading push over the summer, and I just don't have the time and resources to keep up that effort anymore. I knew this would be an issue, so I posted mutliple notes on my geocoincollection.com lists stating that I'm on a trading hiatus as of two weeks ago.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

I respond to trade emails probably 99% of the time.

But, since no one has brought it up...

Some trade offers are so rediculous that occaisonally over the last year, I have not responded. Sorry, but stupid offers are just not worthy of a reply.

I have been thinking about this one and I believe that ALL offers deserve a reply. Some cachers aren't aware of the significance/value of certain coins but just like the looks of them and so make an offer. If they aren't made aware that their offer isn't good enough then they will make the same "mistake" with their next offer for the same coin. To use an example I was looking for a coin for a gift a couple of months ago. I found it in the geocoincollection site and emailed the owners. They replied and said the last one they had traded they had gotten 8 coins in return. Their reply was very nice and straightforward but let me know what I needed ie there wasn't anyway I had "good" enough coins to make that trade or probably any other for it.....

Sorry if I missed your emails NSLP. I can assure you that you're not the only one I've missed, so I'll go ahead and apologize for that. An earlier person alluded to this already, but the amount of free time that each of us have to dedicate towards "fun" varies greatly. You really can't comprehend the volume of communications that I receive on a daily basis from geo and non-geo sources. Family, work and design matters simply don't allow for as much free time anymore, and I know that plenty of e-mails fall through the cracks.

Because of this, and the fact that I don't have many personal coins remaining, I've made a conscious effort to scale back to trading coins when I can, and mainly for coins that I'm specifically looking for. I sincerely hoped that nobody would take offense towards this, but it's just what I've had to do. I made a big trading push over the summer, and I just don't have the time and resources to keep up that effort anymore. I knew this would be an issue, so I posted mutliple notes on my geocoincollection.com lists stating that I'm on a trading hiatus as of two weeks ago.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Not a problem, and don't worry about it. I can understand completely about lack of free time for fun.

I wasn't so much complaining about lack of responses and explaining why someone may receive afew e-mails or PMs requesting trades, If I don't get a response then I assume that my messages were not received or got overlooked or something similar.

I also take no offense at anyone rejecting a trade offer.

I have been thinking about this one and I believe that ALL offers deserve a reply. Some cachers aren't aware of the significance/value of certain coins but just like the looks of them and so make an offer. If they aren't made aware that their offer isn't good enough then they will make the same "mistake" with their next offer for the same coin. To use an example I was looking for a coin for a gift a couple of months ago. I found it in the geocoincollection site and emailed the owners. They replied and said the last one they had traded they had gotten 8 coins in return. Their reply was very nice and straightforward but let me know what I needed ie there wasn't anyway I had "good" enough coins to make that trade or probably any other for it.....

Gotta agree with this one. We were all newbies at this sometime. There is no place that lists what the equivalent for a certain coin might be. Instead of being left hanging about a possible trade, I`ve begun to put a date when the offer is off the table for the rude people who dont reply.

Gotta agree with this one. We were all newbies at this sometime. There is no place that lists what the equivalent for a certain coin might be. Instead of being left hanging about a possible trade, I`ve begun to put a date when the offer is off the table for the rude people who dont reply.

I've ran across this in the past. But to me, the only 'value' on these coins is what the recent coin owner feels the coin is worth.

The value is only in the eye of the holder. I might value a coin higher then the next person so there is no way a person could know what one values a coin at. Remember, collectables are only worth something if you can find someone who's willing to 'pay your price' for the item.

I would suggest if someone holds a 'high' value on a coin, put a note on that coin in the trade list so that the perspective trader can have an idea if you want more than a 1-1 trade, that way they won't make an offer unless they plan on giving more than one coin for it.

I would suggest if someone holds a 'high' value on a coin, put a note on that coin in the trade list so that the perspective trader can have an idea if you want more than a 1-1 trade, that way they won't make an offer unless they plan on giving more than one coin for it.

Yes, I have 'special' listed for ones I value abit more than the others, or that I know are hard to find. others I leave off the 'available' list, but may offer a spare if I know someone else is seeking it.

I try to respond to everyone - sadly, I think I probably have missed some folks - so sorry if anyone is on that list.

Saying "No thanks" is really easy when all your coins are gone. What's difficult is when the coin being offered is one you really would like ... but all your coins are gone.

I know it is very easy to miss an e-mail, you weren't on my list, I received your 'out of them' e-mail and did appreciate it.

I don't know about others, but I often accept other coins in trade, and I accept reservations for future trades as well. I particularly like multi coin trades, saves on postage and supplies.

I agree, It would be nice if the person would at least send some kind of response, whether its a "No Thanks" or im busy at this time i'll get back to you when i can or whatever.

at the same time I have several emails in my inbox I havent responded to yet. I think i'll do that now....