Bug in bookmark adding?

Sioneva

I was trying to fill out an empty, newly created bookmark for a specific area and ran into an error message. These are the exact steps I took:

1) Found a cache in that area.

2) Clicked on "find all nearby caches".

3) Clicked Map It.

4) Clicked identify, and clicked on the map.

5) Ckicked 'check all'.

6) Unchecked the caches that didn't fit, and hit 'bookmark'.

This was the error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserID', table 'GEO.dbo.Bookmarks'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserID', table 'GEO.dbo.Bookmarks'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserID', table 'GEO.dbo.Bookmarks'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

The statement has been terminated.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +45

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +5

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +38

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSetSP(String StoredProc, ParameterList Params, Int32 Timeout, Database database) +627

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlWaypointController.AddBookmarkWpt(Int64 ListID, String WptIDList, Int32 Datasource) +346

Groundspeak.Web.Bookmarks.BookmarkList.AddArray(String WptList, WptDataSources Datasource) +497

Geocaching.UI.bookmarks_add.btnConfirm_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +221

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1330

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

To add to this topic, I have bookmarks created. How do you get them to show up in my profile tab called "Bookmark Lists"

Does anyone have their bookmarks showing up in the tab on their profile?

Yep. I believe it's the "I want to share this list with others" checkbox that does this. Edit your bookmark list and make sure you've selected that.

EDIT: actually after testing a couple things, I am pretty sure you also have to have the "make this list public" checkbox checked. Which is odd, because there are times I definitely want to create a "today's caching run" bookmark list that other people I'll be caching with can view and download, but I don't really want/need that to show up on the cache listing pages. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Edited by ThePropers

To add to this topic, I have bookmarks created. How do you get them to show up in my profile tab called "Bookmark Lists"

Does anyone have their bookmarks showing up in the tab on their profile?

Yep. I believe it's the "I want to share this list with others" checkbox that does this. Edit your bookmark list and make sure you've selected that.

EDIT: actually after testing a couple things, I am pretty sure you also have to have the "make this list public" checkbox checked. Which is odd, because there are times I definitely want to create a "today's caching run" bookmark list that other people I'll be caching with can view and download, but I don't really want/need that to show up on the cache listing pages. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Thanks thats it. I agree is that how it is suppose to work?