Stumbled across a cache

Edvan

Found a Cache off the Bridle Track at Mary Flynns. But it is named incorrectly. It is called the Turon river Cache, but it is on the Maqcuarie River. We signed the log and put it back where we found it.

What is the game all about? I have no idea. Is there a winner? Or is it about using a GPS ?

Found a Cache off the Bridle Track at Mary Flynns. But it is named incorrectly. It is called the Turon river Cache, but it is on the Maqcuarie River. We signed the log and put it back where we found it.

What is the game all about? I have no idea. Is there a winner? Or is it about using a GPS ?

Hi Edvan ,The game is all about having fun finding things other people have placed around the globe, there are no winners per se ,but some ppl get excited about the number of finds they have compared to others, it truly is more about using a GPSr to explore the world around you.

Regarding the name being "incorrect" it is only a "nickname" for reference purposes not a geographically corretct name as such.

ps Welcome to the craziness :D

I stumbled accross two caches this past weekend while looking for other caches that I can not seem to find on geocaching.com.

I emailed one cacher that had this particular signature and it turned out not to be theirs. I checked for nearby caches to the coords and found nothing, but if it is a multi then it won't show anyways. I signed the logs and would love to log them online, but......

Anyone have any suggestions? :)

I think the craziness comment is about the best. Different folks use it for different things. I enjoy it because it gets my family out for some much needed excercise plus makes me go see things I usually wouldn't worry about it. I recently introduced my parents to it by just giving them two locations while they are full timing in Arizona. They had such a blast they are now out finding a couple every day. On vacation, we use it to break up the travel, amazing where it takes us despite having a 35' fifth wheel in tow!

Welcome to the site, the craziness, and lots of fun times.