Coin Preview: Geocaching Skills

Sepp & Berta

A few days ago i had a new idea: a magic coin, which will improve the skills of a geocacher.

It's a collection of 4 coins: Protection, Intelligence, Vision and Stamina. If you like RPGs and other magic items, you probably like my idea too.

This is a preview of one of the final coins:

skill1preview.jpg

This is the first draft:

skill1.jpg

>>> Here you see the whole collection

I guess, that antique silver or black nickel would be the best choice for these coins :-)

What do you think about my idea?

Greetings from Bavaria,

Claudia aka Sepp & Berta

I like these coins , they look great! :D Is the centre going to be a deep translucent varnish or the like to give it depth (3D)?

Also will they be sold as a set or individual over time? Would be keen for a set depending on price to get way down south.

Mark

P.S. Either finish would look good as long as the detail is still clear on the BN finish (I'm partial to antique silver though) :D

Edited by Team chelmo

Greets at this link provided of photos back of coin says track at GC dot com ??

http://www.geocache-info.de/coin2/skillpreview.jpg

Beautiful coin !

RPG- that's us! A beautiful design but i would go for foggy silver/foggy gold on the recesse areas - not antique - the transparent enamel finish will be brighter -masters of cache was washed out - looks a lot like green jello not cloisonne compared to compass roses.

and trackable - it is worth the extra money if you plan to make them think of the cool icon/s

and i think some patterning behind the transparent makes the light scatter better -i haven't seen fisnjack's coin yet but he did transparent in antgold/silver- the gold avatar photo looked ok

The mint says black will not work - you need two layers silver under the black to get a magicball effect

NOTE:

coin IS trackable - wording on back center is there.

Edited by forthferalz

I agree with most others, I would go with an antique finish. I think Antique Silver and Antique Bronze would both look good (I generally favor antique bronze over antique gold, because to me it looks more aged). Looking forward to see how these come out. Since the OP said they are going to be trackable, I guess I can say that I want one of each metal of each design. :)

--Marky

These coins would definitely be more attractive as trackable with icon, but it sounds like they are going to be anyway. I'd be up for two sets then, one to travel, one to keep.

Another suggestion which may or may not be possible without raising the price too much, how about making the cetre coloured piece like a dome, maybe only a few mm but would give the symbol real depth and make it like looking into a crystal ball... just a thought.

Edited by Team chelmo

<snip>

Another suggestion which may or may not be possible without raising the price too much, how about making the cetre coloured piece like a dome, maybe only a few mm but would give the symbol real depth and make it like looking into a crystal ball... just a thought.

This is exactly what we plan to do :laughing:

Thanks for your replies! We are really glad that you like the coins :laughing:

Why is Protection on the back different then the other three words?

Because that image shows the backside of the "protection"-coin (the one with the red button). We want to highlight the text according to the "nature" of the coin. On the back of the blue coin, for example, the text "vision" will be highlighted.

Greetings from Bavaria,

Sepp & Berta

Because that image shows the backside of the "protection"-coin (the one with the red button). We want to highlight the text according to the "nature" of the coin. On the back of the blue coin, for example, the text "vision" will be highlighted.

Greetings from Bavaria,

Sepp & Berta

Very nice though but that would mean additional molds just for that. Seems like over kill. Just my opinion. Great looking coin.

Greetings from Bavaria,

Sepp & Berta

Very nice though but that would mean additional molds just for that. Seems like over kill. Just my opinion. Great looking coin.

Yes, instead of doing something that would require a different mold, why not do something like a different color fill of the text, or surrounding the text (depending on your if your text is raised or recessed)?