Chicago to Indianapolis trip

Og's outfit

I'll be traveling from Wa State to the midwest for the week of Thanksgiving. It'll be my 18 yr. old son, my 17 yr. old daughter and myself. We'll be staying in Chicago (downtown) for 3 nights and plan on hitting the Field Museum and checking out the King Tut exhibit and possibly visiting the Shedd's aquarium, too. We'll have a rental and some free time in the city.

Next....We drive from Chicago to central Indiana to visit my family for Thanksgiving. We'll be in the North Salem/Danville/Plainfield area.

This won't be a strictly caching trip. The kids would protest. :D

So, any sugestions on 'must do' caches would be appreiciated.

I'll be bringing a pocketful of coins. :D

I live in Hendricks County and would recommend the following:

In McCloud Nature Park (North Salem):

Mc Cloud Nature Park, pinnacle Cache by Cache Commando (GCM4GT)

5-Star in McCloud Nature Park by The Omega Group (GCJNNB)

Gazebo Trail Cache by Cache Commando (GCP7KH)

In Blanton Woods (Danville):

Home Made Cache in Blanton Woods by Cache Commando (GCGMPG)

2-4-1 by Team Murray (GCTB87)

Wrong Color in Blanton Woods. by Cache Commando (GCGMPN)

Little Blanton Woods Cache by Cache Commando (GCGMPE)

For Tree Hugger's in Blanton Woods Cache by Cache Commando (GCVMXT)

See my bookmark for Indiana Vandala Trail Caches (Coatesville to Amo)

There are ISQ caches all over Hendricks County, Great Caching aslo in Plainfield, Brownsburg and Avon. Pick your poison: Hendricks County Indiana

Let me know if I can be of further assitance (this is enough to keep you busy for several days).

The Indiana Spirit Quest is a series of Geocaches hidden in Pioneer graveyards in order to honor midwestern Pioneers and Veterans.

The cache pages provide a virtual tour of the burial grounds' tombstones. There are over 525 caches hidden in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois and Ontario by over twenty-five caching groups. Over 1,000 account holders have logged over 22,000 smilies on these caches.

The series was started by SixDogTeam in 2004 and rapidly spread all over the state.

((from the ISQ Profile page))

You know, when I was a little girl of around 5 or 6 (this would be 1968ish) we lived in a rented farmhouse a few miles outside of Danville. I can remember finding an old cemetery near our house with my 2 older sisters. It was up a HUGE (to a kid) hill and I seem to remember it being in some woods. I remember we took a broken off bell from a tombstone to use as a marker for a dead pet of ours.

I've checked the google/geocache maps and This One seems to be the closest to where I was, but I remember it being a bit further north and across the street. The pictures on the cache pace could be it, but these are old memories.

I'll be pretty close to that place in a few weeks and if weather permits, I'll see is it's one I remember.

That would be so cool to come full circle with my past.

:blink: