gps coordinates

jlittle

Name of two intersections??? Do you mean the intersection of two roads? I'm confused here and havn't heard the "2 intersecitons" and am curious. Anyway, if you can download even the free version of google earth you will be thrilled at what you can do. Enter the two streets that intersect, the town, the state hit enter and sit back and what it zoom in, it is soooooo cool. The lat/long coordinates will be in the bottom left corner. If this is what you are looking for. And then play with google earth, it is way cool.... Very way cool...

can anyone tell me how i can get gps coordinates if all i know is the name of 2 intersections...

Uh..........a GPSr device? Most people I know use Garmin, or Magellan. Mine is a Cobra GPS1000.

First of all, I will assume you are a geocacher who enjoys looking for geocaches just using geocaching maps and descriptions and now you want to contribute by hiding your own cache. If NOT, then please just ignore the following diatribe.

If you are thinking of placing a cache using just general coordinates from a mapping program and NOT using a GPSr, be prepared to get alot of hate mail. Most cachers have a device and are spoiled by exact locations that they can find with an accuracy of 1-3 yards(3-9 feet). Then when the published coords are outside the expected range of where the cache REALLY is it makes the hunt less enjoyable.

There are some people tha don't have a GPSr but still participate by searching for caches by general area as shown on geocaching maps and cache descriptions. I would assume that they are saving up or waiting to get the best reciever they can with their available resources.

I would suggest to find a geocaching buddy with whom you coud go geocaching (finding AND placing) together, sharing the one available device.

Finally if none of the above applys, just contact a geocacher in your area. I am sure that there are many who would do it for/with you, just for the fun of it.

Have fun and stay safe,

Steve, Got_4by4