Longs hikes for caching...

Okiebryan

As most of you know, Dean Kamen was the inventive force behind the Segway®.

This cache requires about a mile of hiking through varying terrain, much of which, while not hard to traverse on foot, would not be possible to manage on The Segway® Personal Transporter (PT) x2 Adventure mentioned in the OP. However, the cache also requires donning a set of headphones and listening to a tape. The tape provides the directions needed to find the waypoints of this multi. At one point, the tape suggests you look in a particular direction, where off in the distance, a keen eye will spot a windmill atop a distant hill. That windmill is located at the home of Dean Kamen.

And as most of you know, Dean Kamen was the inventive force behind the Segway®.

Thank you for reading my contribution to this topic, during which I attempted to link the Segway® to Geocaching. I hope I was successful.

For someone like myself, with limited mobility something like that might be good.

I have arthritis in both knees and they are bone on bone when I walk. On a good day two miles is about my limit. (and I will pay for that with pain)

I have been working on something that will allow me to go after some of the farther caches. I bought an electric motor for my bicycle, and was surprised how well it works. It just doesn't quite cut it.

I have ordered a more powerful motor for a smaller wheeled bike, and hope that will do what I'm looking for. Something to take some of the pressure off my knees, but still has me do some of the work.

You would probably find most people who would use something like that are not looking to find all the caches on all the trails, but are trying to extend the range of caches they can go after.