VbScript on a cache page

BornAdventures

Just a quick question.

Ive only just figured out how to write the cache description pages in html, Ive been using windows frontpage and then just copying and pasting it onto my caches.

Ive just written a page that has VBScript on it and was wondering whether I could add it to cache description sheet page. Ive tested it on FireFox and windows Explorer and it works okay in both as long as pop ups are allowed.

If anyone could help.

Thanks

Daniel from TeamTGF

popups?

oh my god no. please.

Let me explain why I need the pop-ups. To get the final coordinates to the cache one would have to guess how many Jelly Beans would fit in one of those big water reservoirs. I have put a text-box on the page to input the guess. If the guess is incorrect pop up will say either ‘too-high’ or ‘too-low’ and if the guess is correct then there will be a pop-up message with the final coordinates on.

popups?

oh my god no. please.

Let me explain why I need the pop-ups. To get the final coordinates to the cache one would have to guess how many Jelly Beans would fit in one of those big water reservoirs. I have put a text-box on the page to input the guess. If the guess is incorrect pop up will say either ‘too-high’ or ‘too-low’ and if the guess is correct then there will be a pop-up message with the final coordinates on.

Popups??? NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They make me SICK!!! I DESPISE THEM!

Besides, What happens if you use a different manufacturer of the jellybeans?

Here in the land down under we have various size jellybeans, and even have some car wheels called jellybeans too!

That would make your formula wrong.

I would simply close the page and look for another cache if I had to endure popups, regardless of the reason.

Sorry, Only my thoughts!!

Ive just written a page that has VBScript on it and was wondering whether I could add it to cache description sheet page.

Scripting code is automatically removed from cache pages.

If your puzzle absolutely can't live without this functionality, your best bet would probably be to host your scripted page elsewhere, then include a link to that page in your cache description.

popups?

oh my god no. please.

A better option would be to use the text boxes (input and output) example on this page. It allows you give a response to the user right on the page instead of opening a new window each time.

Hmm - easy way to find the coordinates by checking the source of the script. I'm sure you didn't intend that.

Why not have some mathematical way to convert the # into coordinates and then use a coordinate checker as confirmation if they want it?

Frontpage??? Don't even get me started on that...