Rhino 120

guppie74

I am here in Japan and was given a Rino 120 as a gift. I am trying to get into this new sport but not sure if this is the right gps unit for me. I went to garmin to see if I can download any types of navigation maps for Okinawa but the one they had wasn't too detailed. Can anyone point me to the right direction? :blink:

Thank you! :ph34r:

Edited by guppie74

I am here in Japan and was given a Rino 120 as a gift. I am trying to get into this new sport but not sure if this is the right gps unit for me. I went to garmin to see if I can download any types of navigation maps for Okinawa but the one they had wasn't too detailed. Can anyone point me to the right direction? :blink:

I use a Garmin rino 120 for geocaching. It works great. I do not know about downloading maps for Okinawa but you can download cache coordinates directly from the website and use it that way. You do not need a streetmap to geocache. Do you have a basemap on the unit?

Tarbal

I use a Garmin rino 120 for geocaching. It works great. I do not know about downloading maps for Okinawa but you can download cache coordinates directly from the website and use it that way. You do not need a streetmap to geocache. Do you have a basemap on the unit?

Tarbal

Garmin Rhino 120 - our choice of weapon to geocache with.

This evenign it proved beyond anything I could throw at it (or at anything) that it can take it.

Was walking around at the top of a cliff before a descent when I stumbled on the level ground aspahlt. (yes I know!) Garmin fell out, hit antenna first, bounced a couple of times before it catapulted over the edge on danced around about a dozen times before coming to rest on it's face.

Damage report: one nick out of the casing and one scratch on the window. Will test the enduracne of the antenna tomorrow.

Thanks heaves it doesn't have the bells and whistles, otherwise I may be up for a new unit.

I just upgraded from a 120 to the older 520 (not hcx) after my 120 took a bath inside the outer pouch of my camelback. Don't trust any claims of water resistance from Garmin. I did some chaching in Iraq while I was there and it worked extremely well usually getting me within sight of most of the larger caches and within reasonable searching distance of the many micro's.