Cache at Children's Pool

nameless301

I was thinking of placing a cache on the beach at the Children's Pool where the seals are? I mean there are PETA people there saying to stay off the becah and not cross their line, but really it is a public beach and you are allowed to go down there, but I was thinking of putting the cache maybe right under where the lifeguard tower is, it is a nice view and cool place to go, but I am always worried about the PETA people and how much they harrass people that go on the beach. WHat does everyone here think about putting a cache there?

I was thinking of placing a cache on the beach at the Children's Pool where the seals are? I mean there are PETA people there saying to stay off the becah and not cross their line, but really it is a public beach and you are allowed to go down there, but I was thinking of putting the cache maybe right under where the lifeguard tower is, it is a nice view and cool place to go, but I am always worried about the PETA people and how much they harrass people that go on the beach. WHat does everyone here think about putting a cache there?

I think you have answered your own question. It would be a hassle to maintain a cache that is going to go missing. It would be difficult for a cacher to locate it without drawing the attention of group you don't like. I think you need to make your statement about PETA in another way, leave geocaching out of it. There are many other views (nice double meaning don't you think?).

Find a place where a cacher would enjoy going, place a cache there. Keep the game simple and politically unfettered.

My $.02

I think you have answered your own question. It would be a hassle to maintain a cache that is going to go missing. It would be difficult for a cacher to locate it without drawing the attention of group you don't like. I think you need to make your statement about PETA in another way, leave geocaching out of it. There are many other views (nice double meaning don't you think?).

Find a place where a cacher would enjoy going, place a cache there. Keep the game simple and politically unfettered.

My $.02

Because of PETA it may be a PITA to maintain. :ph34r::ph34r::blink:

For whatever it may be worth, here's my tuppence.

Please don't...

I can't see how any good can come of it. It won't help the seals and it won't help the people who want to retake the beach for humans. Worse, it has a high potential to piss off people and that is never good for the sport of geocaching.

There are other cool places with nice views...

Do you think you could do a more "mugge-less spot?

Is the point of the cache to annoy people or creep-out childrens' parents?

If yes, then the cache is obnoxious...if not then couldn't it be located in a better spot less likely to do those things?

Jamie - NFA

Hey Jamie,

The name is deceiving. It isn't actually a "children's pool". This is an area along the local beaches that had been closed down for human use. Seals are in the area, and some folks got the area closed off for human use.

Anyway, the restrictions have been lifted, you can now use the area, but some folks are really upset by it, and there are confrontations in the area. That is the real issue. If you are there, you are most likely being watched carefully. So, it would be difficult to actually have a physical container that would last.

... Because of PETA it may be a PITA to maintain. :huh::ph34r::unsure:

True that.

A similar situation is why I created a virtual cache. A certain group of cavers had taken an interest in the cache and threatened to steal it every time it was placed. The owner didnt' want the hassle so I placed a virtual there. The cavers gave me a hassle over it at first but then they got over it. The world didn't end, the cave is cleaner and all around I think the situation is better than without the cache.

If you insist on getting us out there, do a multi with the final cache out of the area in question.

Good idea. They could do a simple two stage mutli. The first stage is away from the area. The second stage has a virtual finish. While virtual caches are not allowed anymore, a virtual stage to a mutli cache should be. Especially due to the maintanence issue that could come about due to the local issues.